Closed Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes interesting. I said before I am pro-vax but I did choose for DD not to have hep B at birth. She has had every other vaccine on the schedule.
    IMO the hep B at birth was unnecessary in my family as both DH & I know we are negative (from 3 years of fertility treatment, we were tested multiple times) and our lifestyle is extremely low risk for other modes of transmission.
    However, if that choice were to preclude me from receiving CCR down the track I may have reconsidered! I would have been annoyed though because I do understand the science & did not put others at risk with my choice.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-04-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-04-2015),Little Boys Blue  (13-04-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (12-04-2015),Ontherun  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Also Beebs just having a scan re: Rotavirus vaccines. RotaTeq is actually the vaccine used to replace the one which had unacceptably high rates of intussusception. The problematic one was Rotashield. With estimated rates of 1 in 12,000 affected.

Many apologies for the wiki quote - it wouldn't stand up in an assessment, I know! But I'm sure the reference trail can be verified by those with more time.
    Eh, no harm in wiki as long as it has references I realise that, that is why I mentioned the new vaccine is safer. Medicine is constantly evolving, and its good that they are continually working on safer vaccines. And as we all know, no medicine is 100% safe, they are pretty close though- even compared with other meds. Its a risk assessment isn't it? Right now its fairly safe to not vax, but if there was a major outbreak of something, then it wouldn't be anymore. I think that is probably the direction we are headed. An outbreak of something we thought we were safe from, and the we'll see what happens re none vaxxers.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),rosey82  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Yes interesting. I said before I am pro-vax but I did choose for DD not to have hep B at birth. She has had every other vaccine on the schedule.
    IMO the hep B at birth was unnecessary in my family as both DH & I know we are negative (from 3 years of fertility treatment, we were tested multiple times) and our lifestyle is extremely low risk for other modes of transmission.
    However, if that choice were to preclude me from receiving CCR down the track I may have reconsidered! I would have been annoyed though because I do understand the science & did not put others at risk with my choice.
    previously granted c/o will remain in place, its just for people newly seeking them so I think people whove previously not followed the vaccine schedule thi wont matter

Thanks
    Reviews
    have any specifics been put out yet for eg my son did not get Hep b at birth.... does that mean he has to go get the infant dose at age 4 to be able to get $$$ ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    and will this affect existing conscientious objectors or just put a stop to people seeking to be newly except?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    ccb / ccr I support, childcare is germy and not essential to a childs basic well being, if you dnot vaccinate pay the full fees
    Because an anti-vaxxer paying full fees is going to stop your child from getting Ill lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mumwannabe For This Useful Post:

MilkyMama  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    It's kind of promising, it said the religious exemptions were only valid for certain approved religions, I'm hoping they crack down on the vaccine religious group (they may all flock to Jehovah's Witness or another religion, but that's another problem).
    For the record JW's are not anti vax

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mumwannabe For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),SoThisIsLove  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm, I'm between two minds.
    On the one hand, it's great that they are trying to push for more vaccinations, and having a consequence for choosing not to do so.
    On the other, a lot of people rely on these payments.

But, if they had done the "no vacc no school" thing there would be screaming about it not being the kids fault, and they shouldn't be "held back" because of their parent's choice.

There's no right way to do this, unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    There are religions that forbid all sorts of medical procedures.
    but vaccinations? Ive never heard of any religious group that forbids them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    but vaccinations? Ive never heard of any religious group that forbids them
    Christian Scientists do and those of the Jewish and Islamic faith boycott some vaccines because the ingredients are derived from animal products that they aren't allowed to consume.