Closed Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    You know what. The more I think about it the more I don't agree with it.

The government are not doing this to solve to problem, they are using this as an excuse to make money period.

This is only going to affect a small amount of non vaxxers and it may not even work!! If it was more targeted to all vaxxers... Maybe.

Education is the key! The government can't and shouldn't be allowed to force anyone to be vaccinated but they should be using the right education to get the non vaxxes to see that these theories that people are shouting out are just not true, there is no evidence to back up any of their claims.

You should never be allowed to take away a persons choice or their choice to make decisions for their children but instead EDUCATE them into making the right decisions.

Unfortunately I don't think I have worded what I am thinking very well.
    I still can't make up my mind as to whether I think it's a good idea or not. I'm very "pro vax" and I'm all for the creation of strategies to get as many people as possible to vaccinate themselves and their children. But I also know as a policy and decision maker in public safety myself, that often just one approach won't be hugely successful unless it's supported by other complementary approaches, I think as someone mentioned earlier the " carrot and stick" theory. So as a stand-alone policy, no I don't think it's a good idea. But if it were supported by some education and a bit of an information drive such as a program in maternal/child health centres, pre natal classes, schools, etc., plus a bit of targeted marketing, then yes it should have the desired effect.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),Ontherun  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    I still can't make up my mind as to whether I think it's a good idea or not. I'm very "pro vax" and I'm all for the creation of strategies to get as many people as possible to vaccinate themselves and their children. But I also know as a policy and decision maker in public safety myself, that often just one approach won't be hugely successful unless it's supported by other complementary approaches, I think as someone mentioned earlier the " carrot and stick" theory. So as a stand-alone policy, no I don't think it's a good idea. But if it were supported by some education and a bit of an information drive such as a program in maternal/child health centres, pre natal classes, schools, etc., plus a bit of targeted marketing, then yes it should have the desired effect.
    Yeah absolutely.

I want something to be done about non vaxxers but this isn't about non vaxxers it's about the government making money. If this truly was about encouraging everyone to vaccinate It would be set out a lot better and would affect ALL who choose not to vaccinate.

Until the government actually want to do something about it, it will just continue to get worse.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (12-04-2015),Ontherun  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The news this morning was saying the cuts would also be for CCb and CCR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The news this morning was saying the cuts would also be for CCb and CCR
    This makes sense to me. I'm of the opinion that if you don't want to vaccinate then that's fine, but it will cost you more.

Wish they would make organ donation the same. Only those willing to donate get on the list for organs (excluding kids who are automatically on the list).

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Frittlebitlazzled  (12-04-2015),JR03  (12-04-2015),TheMadHatter  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem is that all the education is out there and readily available it's just that people don't know how to critically evaluate their sources so they look at sources from natural.news.blah.com and other hippy dippy sites with confirmation bias thinking "I thought vaccinations were bad, and these big websites say so too so it must be true" while discrediting the science done by immunologists because they must be 'paid shills.' You've also got anti-vaxx sites calling themselves Vaccine Information Network and equally misleading things. It's ridiculous that these sites come up on the first page of google when trying to "research" vaccines.

The education from immunologists and peer reviewed studies are out there and readily available, it's just that anti-vaxxers don't trust it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),beebs  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It think something has to be done about vaccination levels but I'll be interested to see if these cuts will do much to increase vax levels. They might catch a few who have forgotten to vax etc. but I think a lot of non vaxxers won't care about loosing benefits or they are higher income earners and it won't affect them.

I'm really not sure what the answer is, education will just never work with some non vaxxers it doesn't matter how much evidence you show them they will still refuse it.

I feel for families with children who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons and have no choice but to put their children at risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Highly educated does not mean they understand the science of vaccines,. If they did, they would vaccinate. Often it means that they *think* they have the same level of understanding as medical scientists - and that is just not the case at all.

I know plenty of people who are highly educated and on higher incomes who are a bit silly about certain things.

There is no conspiracy. There just isn't. Let's just think logically for one second, our government does not want us ill, maimed or dead - claiming disability and unable to work. I mean - that is the whole anti vaxx stance of course - that they just keep pumping us full of poisons no matter the consequence so pharma can make a buck. What ludicrous notion

Quote Originally Posted by geisha88 View Post
    Critically think.. I find a lot of people views of parents of non immunized children to be lazy or new age hippies lol. But majority of my friends are well educated & higher income earners.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-04-2015),elleandsam  (12-04-2015),smallpotatoes  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    my understanding is those with a medical reason not to vax will be exempt. I don't have an issue with that, the amount is so tiny is won't affect herd immunity.

I agree that education falls on deaf ears. It's much like the climate change debate. The science is there, and the very small amount of research that contradicts the thousands of studies can have so many holes poked in it it's not funny. Most anti vaxxers have made up their minds that vaccines are evil and so are the companies and med pros who make and administer them.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-04-2015),Frittlebitlazzled  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find it ludicrous that religious exemptions will apply. We don't exempt people from the rules concerning other anti-social behaviours on the basis of religious beliefs.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (12-04-2015),Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),AngelicHobgoblin  (12-04-2015),beebs  (12-04-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-04-2015),Busy-Bee  (12-04-2015),DT75  (12-04-2015),Frittlebitlazzled  (12-04-2015),Little Boys Blue  (13-04-2015),MsViking  (12-04-2015),Starfish30  (12-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find it interesting that anti vaxxers always go for the "what about the take away "epidemic when trying to decent their dangerous health choices. This may come as a complete surprise, but we don't eat take away, we grow our own food, cook from scratch, and are about to get some chooks, and shock horror - we vaccinate! Not all pro vaccine people eat Maccas!

Quote Originally Posted by geisha88 View Post
    FTA is not a reimbursement for having your child vaccinated though. What I find offensive is parents who feed their children take away constantly, with obesity related health issues, feeling because their child is vaccinated is more healthier an how they advocate health so positively ....

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (12-04-2015),Clementine Grace  (12-04-2015),JR03  (12-04-2015),MsViking  (12-04-2015)