+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC after stillbirth

Hi ladies, how long did you wait to TTC after stillbirth? My little boy was stillborn at 22 weeks on 1 March. I'd love to start trying again but not sure when the physical all clear is. AF arrived last Friday so was thinking to start TTC after the next one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sally1981 after losing my little boy in jan i waited until my 6 week checkup. I asked the question and was told that i could try again straight away but to wait until i was emotionally ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same check ups after birth as I would have for a live baby. We started ttc straight away. Definitely ask your obstetrician. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We lost our daughter the beginning of December and tested positive in June for DS.

My period arrived in Jan but we didn't try until May for a few reasons. One, waiting for any tests and drs appts regarding her autopsy results and where to go from there. Two I didn't want our next baby to share a due date with her actual due date or anniversary as I didn't want to feel any pressure or guilt for either baby on either day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your losses ladies. Would you mind me asking how far along you were please? My OB said to wait two 'normal' cycles, but the first one doesn't count. So three cycles. Seems excessive?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks @meredithgrey. He just said some studies show a slightly increased risk of miscarriage if you don't wait. Nothing to do with my personal case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    20 weeks but I actually think I was 22 and the first 12 week scan that changed my date was wrong, I knew when I ovulated so I should have pushed that more but didn't know any better. In hindsight that was the first sign that she was too small and something was amiss but I accepted their reasons for changing my dates and at our next 12 week scan all was normal.

They asked me to ideally wait to try but I also had several dr appts booked after her autopsy results to answer questions I had so I never would have tried earlier. Do you know what happened?

It's really a personal choice but I think many drs think that besides healing physically that ensuring you're emotionally ready is really important as well as the next pregnancy after a loss will most likely be anxiety filled.

Thanks
    Reviews

We lost our DD2 at 20 weeks in December and I was pregnant by March with DS who was born the December just gone. There is about 13 days between their birthdays and it would have been closer but DS was born early.

At my 6 week check my OB said we could start trying straight away if we were ready.

I lost our DD2 due to PPROM (loss of my amniotic fluid)

I will admit I found my pregnancy with DS very stressful and caused me a lot of anxiety but I also found it to help me heal a bit more as I had something to look forward too.
    Last edited by French Pear; 11-04-2015 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 18 weeks nearly 19. Since i have a history 9f m/c they did a heap of tests and it has come back that i have 2 mild blood clotting issues. Now we have a plan in place so we can try again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 39 weeks. Cause of death was a cord accident so nothing physical/genetic to stop us from trying again straight away.