+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last night was so bad! Ds2 did not want to go to sleep. 3 hours of screaming at me. Wouldn't let me touch him or hold him to stop him hurting himself. Dh had to take over again. Half an hour before he could get ds2 to settle. Then again at 4am. Uncontrollable screaming for hours until dh finished work and took over. I can't even get my baby to sleep any more. I feel like I have broken the bond we had. All the progress we had made with his speech and now he won't even talk to me. It's all about dh or his brother. I hate this. I hate what I am putting my baby through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night was a bit better. I can get him to sleep now. He woke up a lot though. I ended up sleeping in his bed again as I was so tired. Then he was up for the day at 6am. That is just insane! He usually sleeps till 8am. He is not going down for the night until 10 pm. I really hope this gets better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs. You're doing such a good job! I know it doesn't seem like it now.

You have to wean at some point I guess so keep going, he still loves you, he's probably just a bit confused at the moment. Just remember you're doing this for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a choice now. My gp today gave me medicine to dry up my milk and antibiotics for mastitis. I have to bind my boobs for a week to! I'm so sore. Ds2 did go to sleep a little better tonight. Only 2 hours of screaming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Okay, that sounds rough. You sound like you have a really supportive DH so that must be a relief.

You're doing so well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck ss, you're doing a brilliant job. Sometimes it's super hard to be a mum x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Sookie, I just wanted to drop in and tell you that you are a superwoman. I have cared for children with asd before (and currently) and it is mentally, physically and emotionally draining at times, though so so rewarding. I hope that you find some peace and have a good support network, I'm always here if you need a chat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hun I've just seen this thread now... Sounds like you have really had a Hard time. I haven't had any experience with ASD - so feel free to take what I've said with a grain of salt.

From your posts it seems like others (daycare, hubby) have more success with getting your DS to sleep. Probably because you have milk boobs and they don't

Could your hubby take a week of work and do the bed-time and night shift? Could you hire one of the daycare carers to help out a fee nights per week? So you can keep your distance at night - because without your boobs it seems like your DS is ok. I understand how you would be worried about your bond with DS being affected. Perhaps you could instead create a new quality time slot for yourself and DS. Eg 5-5:30 every day is mummy-DS time. You are not allowed to do anything except wrestle or play leggo on the rug

Sorry I haven't got anything else to offer

Just thought of one thing -what temp is it in DS's room through the night and what bedding is DS in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Okay, that sounds rough. You sound like you have a really supportive DH so that must be a relief.

You're doing so well!
    Dh is not the greatest with the boys as he has asperges. But he does the best he can to help when I ask.

Thank you all ladies for your wonderful words. I don't feel like superwoman. I feel like a punching bag sometimes though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hun I've just seen this thread now... Sounds like you have really had a Hard time. I haven't had any experience with ASD - so feel free to take what I've said with a grain of salt.

From your posts it seems like others (daycare, hubby) have more success with getting your DS to sleep. Probably because you have milk boobs and they don't

Could your hubby take a week of work and do the bed-time and night shift? Could you hire one of the daycare carers to help out a fee nights per week? So you can keep your distance at night - because without your boobs it seems like your DS is ok. I understand how you would be worried about your bond with DS being affected. Perhaps you could instead create a new quality time slot for yourself and DS. Eg 5-5:30 every day is mummy-DS time. You are not allowed to do anything except wrestle or play leggo on the rug

Sorry I haven't got anything else to offer

Just thought of one thing -what temp is it in DS's room through the night and what bedding is DS in?
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have tried to get a daycare worker but they are not allowed to. Grr.
    Dh can't take time off work as we own our own business. If he doesn't work we don't eat. Lol.
    I am the solo carer for my 2 boys. I have been giving ds2 more time for play with just me but he doesn't play with me. He will play by me but that's as good as I get.
    His room is a good temp as he sleeps with no bedding just a sleep suit. Thanks though. All good advice.