+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    2.5 hours so far and counting...

Now the problem is what was the key contributing factor? Was it the bepanthen and vernox? Was she just exhausted? Have her teeth stopped giving her grief from the dymadon? Why does it have to be so hard??!!
    Isn't bepathen for nappy rash or am I wrong. Persist. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Now the problem is what was the key contributing factor? Was it the bepanthen and vernox? Was she just exhausted? Have her teeth stopped giving her grief from the dymadon? Why does it have to be so hard??!!
    Yay! Tomorrow, drop one of the changes you made and see what happens. If she sleeps better, the next night drop another and so on.

I'd personally drop the dymadon tomorrow night, followed by bepanthen, then vernox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Would love to read the jay Gordon stuff @HollyGolightly81
    Cool, I'll find it, think it's saved to my phone but DH took off back to the uk tonight and DS senses mum is weak so bear with me!

In regards to pain, have you tried giving her nurofen? I find paracetomal rarely touches the sides for some of DS' teething pains. That probably makes me sound bad....

Also, I think as far as what you say for separation anxiety that she sounds pretty normal 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Just do all of that for the next 18 years 😉

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (10-04-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (10-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Isn't vernox a one off treatment? I wouldn't give that to her tomorrow night. Just do bepanthen and dymadon tomorrow night and drop the dymadon the next night.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (10-04-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Isn't bepathen for nappy rash or am I wrong. Persist. Good luck.
    Yes but it stops worms from itching as an interim treatment until the medicine kicks in. Late night googling with a screaming 5 year old occasionally pays off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Isn't vernox a one off treatment? I wouldn't give that to her tomorrow night. Just do bepanthen and dymadon tomorrow night and drop the dymadon the next night.
    Yes one tablet will kill whatever worms are there if there are any at all.
    I'm in with her now so she went just over three hours. I think I've managed to settle her but she keeps doing the "snore, snore, whimper, whimper, whimper, snore, whimper, snore" etc thing. I'm trying not to touch her unless she really needs it but I suck at remembering that when I'm half asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the thread from the start Noms, (I know I should but I'm getting tired), if one of our kids was having problems sleeping...I'd probably trial the following:

* diet - are there any preservatives, additives, colours, flavours in much of her food? (we know kids that are really affected by such things)
    * consider teeth, needles, dirty nappy, hunger, growth, illness
    * Start setting a new routine (which it sounds like you are doing from the very small amount of thread that I've read). Remember it takes a good 3 days to set a new routine. Hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    from experience (I was a wormy kid) nappy rash creams etc dont stop the itching, they actually drove me mad as they made it worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    from experience (I was a wormy kid) nappy rash creams etc dont stop the itching, they actually drove me mad as they made it worse
    They may have improved since then? My boys tell me it helps until I can go and get some medicine