+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    22 days per year which accrues. I have 108 days 'owing' to me which takes away all the stress when the boys are sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    15 per year accumulative.
    I have over a year of sick leave banked up, I thought it was a good safetynet for when I had kids but I've just found out I only get 15 days carers per year we just had a very bad case of hfm and ended up having to use annual leave for some of it, despite having something like 56 weeks banked up

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 days sick leave per year (it does accrue) + 10 days carers leave (non accruing). Although if you take SL on a Monday, Friday or around a public holiday or for more than 2 consecutive days you must get a medical cert.
    I also get paid out a percentage of my unused sick leave if I leave.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    15 per year accumulative.
    I have over a year of sick leave banked up, I thought it was a good safetynet for when I had kids but I've just found out I only get 15 days carers per year we just had a very bad case of hfm and ended up having to use annual leave for some of it, despite having something like 56 weeks banked up
    I'd look further into that, by law you have to get 10 a year that are personal / carers leave so can be used for either your own or your family's sickness. So they can put whatever rules they want on the additional 5 days but those 10 days are protected by law and your employer can't change the rules. They should re-credit your annual leave and take it off your personal / carers leave balance.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many sick days do you get?

The company I currently work for it is 10 days for both sick and carers leave but this doesn't roll over each year or get paid out upon leaving. We are entitled to compassionate leave too when someone close to us dies or family crises, not sure how long for maybe a few days to a week. The company I am starting with in a few weeks is also 10 sick days per year, not sure about the other stuff yet.

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 15 a year, 5 of which do not require a medical cert and the other 10 do. I can use then for when I am sick or DD/DH is as carers. I'm not sure if the other things come out of that - I think they do, but I've never had to use them. I have over 100 days saved so feel okay about that, so if DD gets very sick I can take time off to look after her, but I need a medical cert to use any of those days. I have never used more than my 15 days in a year so always have days going into the bank, and therefore I've never used 'the bank' of days. I also have been at my place of employment long enough to get LSL, which accrues at 1 week per year of work. I have 7 week banked up of that at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    @JR03 does your employer need to disclose how much personal leave you have accrued? It use to be on our pay slips but not any more

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh works in psych and has I believe 20 sick days and 6 weeks of annual leave, he also gets and extra 2 weeks annual if he works (I think) 20 weekends

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a SAHM so as many as I like I guess.
    DF get 20 days sick leave, 5 mental health days, 5 carers leave and 5 weeks annual leave. He also gets 2 weeks paid paternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    0 - I'm employed casually.