+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused..

Hi all I am four days late, did a test yesterday but did it mid morning( naughty I know) it was negative as I thought being early and not first wee. I now have had a brown/ honey coloured discharge not like my normal period. I guess time will tell if it's pre period spotting. Other symptoms I have had headaches, cramps in legs, back aches, butterflies and gas in tummy and slight irritation to food and smells. All a tad soon but this would be number three bub, so may be early signs. Should I retest in a few days or assume it's a light period starting. My periods are bad cramps, clots and I can't stand without drips first thing in the morning. So I certainly know when they are coming. Just seems odd this month.. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you determine ov day?
    It could be implant blood if you ovulated later in your cycle this time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Miraclebubbas2  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might just be to early to test... I know sounds weird but consider this:

hCG doubles every 48 hours. You can have a level of 1 - 5 in a non pregnant state.

Implantation could have been later than you think. You could implant at 12dpo.

Even if a woman implants at 8dpo, with a 'non pregnant' hCG level of 1 [Which is totally normal] it would rise as follows

8dpo - 1miu hcg
    10dpo - 2miu
    12dpo - 4miu
    14dpo [Day AF is typically due] - 8miu
    16dpo - 16miu

So this lady wouldn't finnd out until 15dpo on a very senstive 10miu pregnancy test only. Obviously if she implants LATER than 8dpo [which is normal] she will find out even later.

Now, Take a lady who implants at 8dpo, But has a'Non pregnant' hCG level of 5. Hers looks like this;

8dpo - 5miu
    10dpo- 10miu and so on...

So, This lady, Even though implantation is on the same say for both ladies, Can find out MUCH sooner. Now, If this lady were to implant at 6dpo she could potentially find out at just 8dpo like many women have. But if the first lady were to implant at 12dpo, She would find out even later, Even if they have the same cycle and OV days!

I just tested bfn at 9dpo thinking I implanted on 7dpo (wishful thinking might just be af coming)...so considering the above makes me feel a bit less self sorry and could also be the explanation for you...

Good luck cxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDeFleur For This Useful Post:

Miraclebubbas2  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally think I ov later then thought as I had me at around 16/17 DPO. Will wait a few days. Thanx