+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have started 4 out of my 5 pregnancies obese. No complications at all, no GD, no BP issues, all vaginal births with no tears, all big babies (8lb8oz - 11lb8oz).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 115 kg when I conceived my oldest boy and failed the GTT but never had high sugars and was never medicated. I did get hypertension which led to preeclampsia but no probs once he was out.

I was 104 kg when I conceived this baby and am 28 weeks. I failed GTT again but am diet controlled (very strict) and I elected to go on medication as soon as my BP started going up. I'm on the lowest dose BP meds and feeling great with no problems at all.

It has hurt my ego that I've had the BP and GTT probs because I'm otherwise fit and well and hate the idea that I'm being judged as a fat mum (who is 40 too lol!) but the baby is healthy and that's what matters. And my first baby came out perfect despite fat-shaming midwife and radiographers. My OB didn't care about my weight though lol!

I'm currently 112kg and feeling really well and baby is great. Having a sizing scan at 34 weeks to check bubs. If you do run into pregnancy problems just have a look at all the skinny people who have problem pregnancies too cause there's plenty of them. Pregnancy is hard on your body for some people no matter what their size. There are books for plus size mums out there too that might help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you :-) It doesn't help when professionals make us feel bad!
    I might have a look around for a book.
    Wishing you all the best for a safe and healthy delivery of your baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    They tried to tell me that is have a slow labour etc cause of my weight but from my first contraction til birth, it was only 6 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 100kg when I fell pregnant with ds, I am very short so by bmi I am morbidly obese, I had to do the gtt twice, passed both times, perfect blood pressure, no other issues, I did have a very long labour however my son was posterior, chin up, don't let them make you feel bad, it is what it is, good luck for a smooth happy pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure I've got a book somewhere called Big, Beautiful and Pregnant. I bought books off Amazon.

I think it's really great that so many ladies here have defied stereotypes and have gone through preg/birth with no complications at all, but I just want to reinforce that if you do have complications that does NOT make you a failure. It just means that complications happen to all people - fat, skinny, tall, short, any colour. I read so many threads about women who are thing who are absolutely horrified that have complications because "OMG - but I'm not fat".

I am fat and have had complications an it might be because of my weight and it might not too. Maybe I could be 70 kg and have these problems too. If you really have that sorted out in your head it will make it easier if you DO have complications. My MIL is very judgy about my weight and complications and I can confidently say to her "well lots of thin people
    Have these problems too - being pregnant can trigger lots of auto-immune conditions due to the placenta and baby" If I didn't get myself ok with that then my heart would be broken when people comment. I see lots of thing pregnant women who smoke or drink alcohol or use recreational drugs whilst pregnant but nobody just judges them on their weight the way many of us get judged even when we do everything right. So be proud for all the things you are doing that are great