+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't blame the kid I blame the parents. Why aren't they hearing you yell at him? What if he was in trouble?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (08-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    What does it mean that your dog is on the run?
    A dog run is normal a long cage type thing or a chain or wire that runs between 2 points that a leash type thing is attached to. So they can go the length of a yard but only as far the leash let's them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What you've done is fine. At 3 it's about prevention and deflection - the adults (his parents) need to step up.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (08-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be more annoyed at his parents. The kid is bored so he's causing trouble to get a reaction from the dogs and you. You react and he gets attention for negative behaviour. I would think carefully about how you approach the parents because if they are going to leave a 3 year old outside to play a lot by himself they seem to be more absorbed in something else. I would hate to see a curious child punished because he's annoying the neighbours when his parents should be fulfilling his needs.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (08-04-2015),VicPark  (08-04-2015),Wise Enough  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummbearPapabearNCubs View Post
    I would def say something to the parents. Sorry but the kid sounds like a little turd.
    He's 3. 3 year olds stick their hands in holes. That's what they do. It's up to the parents to deflect and prevent.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (08-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (08-04-2015),Wise Enough  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What you've done is fine. At 3 it's about prevention and deflection - the adults (his parents) need to step up.
    snap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Chords View Post
    I would be more annoyed at his parents. The kid is bored so he's causing trouble to get a reaction from the dogs and you. You react and he gets attention for negative behaviour. I would think carefully about how you approach the parents because if they are going to leave a 3 year old outside to play a lot by himself they seem to be more absorbed in something else. I would hate to see a curious child punished because he's annoying the neighbours when his parents should be fulfilling his needs.
    Absolutely this.

Where the hell are the parents and why haven't they done anything to stop it? Personally, I'd be mortified if my kid was doing this and my neighbour had to be the one to come and tell me about it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    We had this same scenario with our neighbours behind us. The twins who were stirring our dog up were about 10 though.

I caught them on camera jumping our fence and I also caught them stirring the dog up off camera quite a few times. They watched me film them too! Cheeky poops! But I gave them 3 warnings and on the third warning after they had decided throwing oranges at our disconnected solar hot water system (but they didn't know it was disconnected) I told them they have the choice to tell their mum (who was the softer parent) what they had been up to, or I would tell their dad (who sounds tough). Luckily their mum was off in the shadows listening to everything and stepped forward so I could tell her what they had been up to. I had explained the previous warnings and their behaviour and she accepted it. Over the next few days though there was some yelling at the kids and lots of cleaning around their yard being done. They didn't play up too badly after that though. A few minor incidences but nothing major.

As for a 3 year old? Maybe a straight chat with the parents and go from there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I don't blame the kid I blame the parents. Why aren't they hearing you yell at him? What if he was in trouble?
    Im not yelling at him, ive called out across the yard a few times as has the other neighbour- but we do this with our kids too so maybe the parents think we are talking to our kids? Thats if they can even hear it, if their glass doors are anything like ours they are pretty sound proof. I get what you are saying though, and its a massive concern of mine. Dh actually pointed out they have a dog as well and the little boy is unsupervised with it whenever he is outside so again like you said, if he was in trouble i doubt the parents would hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    What does it mean that your dog is on the run?
    She is on a leash type thing that has wire running between 2 poles then another length of wire that moves along it, so she can run around the yard fairly freely but cant reach the fences (she digs out).