+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sticker club chain letter

Has anyone got one of these letters in the mail? It's like a chain letter but for kids and stickers.
    My sister in law sent one to DS and to be honest, it's really annoying. I don't want to participate but I don't want my nephew to be disappointed if I don't follow through. Why do people send this crap??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not familiar with this particular letter, but I think chain letters are an absolute pain!

I remember receiving one when I was in primary school and my mum was quite furious about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I know the one. I'd just send your nephew some stickers, and a note to your SIL explaining Ponzi schemes and why one shouldn't participate in this kind of fraudulent nonsense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got one through one of the preschool mums and she was very apologetic about it. I felt bad and ended up doing it. I only had to send it on to 6 friends and send one pack of stickers to the first name on the list. It seems like a pain but to be honest it actually turned out great. DD loved getting all the mail and stickers and would have a chat to the postie everyday she saw him! We didn't end up getting 36 letters so I guess a few people it was sent to ignored it. But I am grateful to the 10 , or so who made the effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    I think I know the one. I'd just send your nephew some stickers, and a note to your SIL explaining Ponzi schemes and why one shouldn't participate in this kind of fraudulent nonsense.
    Thanks! I don't think this is a Ponzi scheme though. I can't see how anyone makes money off it. There is no real business attached or anything. You basically just have to send stickers to all these kids and they send stickers to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Thanks! I don't think this is a Ponzi scheme though. I can't see how anyone makes money off it. There is no real business attached or anything. You basically just have to send stickers to all these kids and they send stickers to you.
    Hahah maybe it's a secret scam by the sticker companies to boost sticker sales!
    I get what you mean though, I'm just assuming it's the sort of thing that promises you greater returns than your initial investment. Where that's only possible through infinite recruitment of participants...