+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default So... what's the weather like where you live???

I am soooooooooooooooooooo sick of the heat. We live in brisbane and I am over the majority of the year being hot. Its makes me grumpy. Today is the first cooler day we have had in a while and I'm in the greatest mood. I love the colder weather. I would love to move somewhere cooler...... not freezing/snowy weather just generally not as hot as here😄 Tell me about where you live. Whats the weather like? Do you enjoy it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

superbuns  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Sydney. It's currently sunny but windy with a bit of coolness to the wind.
    It's been a bit 4 seasons in a day of late. Sunny like now and then phishing down.
    It's supposed to be currently 22 degrees which Id say it would be in the sun.
    I don't mind it like this.
    It was pretty rainy miserable just before Easter so it's nice to see the sun.
    I hate the heat so 22 is nice.
    Cool at night, have had to crack the heater out this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m in Melbourne and it’s pretty miserable here at the moment. Temp around 16 degrees and cloudy/raining on and off.I don’t mind Melbourne’s weather too much.It’s very variable which I like.I hate the heat (though I prefer Melbourne’s dry heat than the humidity in Brisbane) and used to love winter in Melbourne (cuddling on the couch with wine/movies/books is my idea of heaven!) but since having kids it’s a loooong winter here.I don’t like how sick the kids get in winter and the fact that it’s hard to keep them amused when the weather is too cold to go out.It might be a bit better once they reach school age I guess.I think Sydney’s weather sounds like a good compromise between Brisbane and Melbourne!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It's hot. Its hot 362 days of the year. It nice 322 of those days and 40 days of OMG I feel like I am in a oven and of course there 3 days of oh it a bit chilly.
    It is it what is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in regional Victoria.

It's currently 9 degrees at 11am

Would love to live in Brisbane!

The worst thing about living here are the endless grey days. It's so miserable for a lot of the year. I don't mind the cold but I hate the gloomy days.

Also, it is common to experience 4 seasons in one day.

And then of course summer hits and it's absolutely roasting hot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 8 degrees today where I am 😳 it's really cold, windy and on and off rain. Yesterday was so cold we had the fire going. Today it's the heater so we don't use all our wood before winter.
    I absolutely love living here though 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in the Hunter Region of NSW.

It's sunny today, but cold with feral winds. This is the first day it's really felt like Autumn this year.

You would probably like the climate down here OP There are no extreme temps at any time of the year. Winter and Summer at their coldest/hottest are quite bearable.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

melimum  (08-04-2015),Soon2be4  (08-04-2015),WiseOldOwl  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in an outer suburb of Newcastle NSW. In summer we get max's of 40-42 but mostly around 35, it's humid though. At this time of the year it's usually around the 25 mark and in winter we wouldn't get lower than about 12, cold enough for a jacket but not freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I’m in Melbourne and it’s pretty miserable here at the moment. Temp around 16 degrees and cloudy/raining on and off.I don’t mind Melbourne’s weather too much.It’s very variable which I like.I hate the heat (though I prefer Melbourne’s dry heat than the humidity in Brisbane) and used to love winter in Melbourne (cuddling on the couch with wine/movies/books is my idea of heaven!) but since having kids it’s a loooong winter here.I don’t like how sick the kids get in winter and the fact that it’s hard to keep them amused when the weather is too cold to go out.It might be a bit better once they reach school age I guess.I think Sydney’s weather sounds like a good compromise between Brisbane and Melbourne!
    Agree with this. I never noticed the cold winter as much before I had kids.

Being stuck at home with children during the cold wet days is a major drag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I'm in the Hunter Region of NSW.

It's sunny today, but cold with feral winds. This is the first day it's really felt like Autumn this year.

You would probably like the climate down here OP There are no extreme temps at any time of the year. Winter and Summer at their coldest/hottest are quite bearable.
    I'm in hunter valley too and the wind is ferocious! Howling all night long and it's freezing! - I love it!