+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone had trouble ttc #3?

I hope this does not come across as selfish, as I know there are so many ttc number 1 or 2.

We have been ttc #3 for 12 mths, had a mc last march a chemical last May..then nothing. My cycles have been all over the place after my d&c, not sure what's going on really.
    My ob has sent me to a FS for follicular monitoring.
    DD we conceived first go, DS
    we conceied the 5th month of ttc. My pregnancy last year we weren't even trying. So this is a new road.

Anyone else had difficulty ttc their 3rd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't, but you're not selfish and don't let anyone tell you you are. We've been TTC since June last year. Got pregnant first go then had a miscarriage in August. Waited one cycle then got pregnant in October with twins. Lost one twin in November at 6 weeks then the other last month at 22 weeks for foetal abnormality (our 'choice' if you can call it that).

DS was conceived in 2012 in TTC cycle 2. Effortless, perfect, blissful pregnancy.

Anyway, I can't help, but I can relate and I'm sorry you're having troubles too. WTF hey?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

MyLittleStar  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We having been TTC #3 since June 2013. Since then I've had 2 miscarriages, one October 2013, one September 2014.
    My 1&2 are twins and it only took us 4 months to fall pregnant with them.
    I've just seen my gp to get a referral to a clinic now that we're coming up to 6 months since the last miscarriage.
    I've had many blood tests done, and we still have no answers for the losses or why it is taking so long.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabochan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm sorry to hear about your losses Sally & Sabochan, that sux ;(

Had ultrasound monitoring today, they told me I have a follicle ready to rock and roll (so good news that's all working, so far) we've been told to dtd the next couple of days, then I need to go back in for another u/s.

Fingers crossed it works out for us all soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP. Big hugs. I hope you don't feel alone. I have struggled too. My DS1 took 18 months to conceive. My DS2 only took 2 cycles, so I stupidly thought I had figured it out. Then we were TTC for 7-8 months for bubs #3, which was even stressful than the first time because I felt that I was running out of time. Earlier this year life got in the way and we're currently on a semi-permanent break.

Good luck with your TTC journey. I hope it works out for you and your family.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Camper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes for me i feel like I'm only giving it a certain amount of time, if nothing happens, I'll be sticking with my 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a little update, went back for an ultrasound again on CD 21 to check follicles, she said I ovulated! At least I know I'm doing that! 3 dpo now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found it hard to conceive no. 3. DS1 took over a year but once FS fixed my short luteal phase it happened second go, DS2 was first go (again with the luteal support). TTC no 3 had been tough, had 3 miscarriages in a bit over a year, lots of tests done and turns out I have some issues (low ovarian reserve and adenomyosis). I'm now 11 weeks pregnant after a cycle of ivf - we went straight to ivf because I was told I only have a year or so before my own eggs will run out.

I hope you get your third really soon and it is not selfish to want it. I found the infertility just as hard third time round as I did for the first and there's nothing wrong with wanting a baby so badly.