+ Reply to Thread

Default Seeking pregnant women birthing at any hospital in Brisbane

My name is Selena Olive and I'm a final year midwifery student. I'm sure you would've heard about 'student midwives' before and the positive impact and extra support it gives you and your partner throughout your pregnancy and birth journey.

I would love to follow you through your pregnancy. By doing so, I will attend at least five of your appointments whether they're through the hospital or your GP, attend the birth as an extra support person and visit you and your bub postnatally. It doesn't matter if this is your first or fifth baby, whether you're a complicated case or straight-forward pregnancy or even if you're having a c-section, I encourage all women to message me. I can go to any hospital in Brisbane, I'm based at the RBWH but any hospital would suit.

One point I would like to stress, however, is that I do not replace your primary care provider. I simply provide continuity of care and is a support person.

I would love any expression of interest as this will help me with not only my degree but I learn valuable lessons for my career and I get to share my passion for midwifery with you and your family. I can meet up for coffee before I attend your appointments if you would like so we can get to know each other. I encourage any woman who is pregnant to have a student midwife!

Thanks for reading this and enjoy your journey! Feel free to email me if you would like any further information or expressions of interest. I would love to be your student midwife, hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Selena Olive

Last edited by StudentMidwife94; 07-04-2015 at 21:08.