+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10 weeks pregnant at 43 and feeling great. Hi older mums!

Looking forward to meeting other mums who are in my age group! I'm pregnant with my fourth baby at 43, I'll be 44 and 3 months when this little one arrives. My children are aged 20, 18 and 16. This pregnancy is naturally conceived, and a little unplanned ( but I'm super delighted).

So far I feel great apart from having a flu for a couple of days. I've had two scans and heartbeat rates look great, and while I'm aware of advanced maternal age bringing extra risks but I would describe myself as very positive and hopeful of a healthy baby. I did have two light bleeds at 7 and 8 weeks that lasted only a day or so.

My OB has recommended we consider the Harmony test if the twelve week scan measurements indicate a high risk of trisomy.

I have been advised I will not be able to labour naturally because I have had two caesarians in the past, which I was a little upset about. My OB has said the chance of rupture is higher than she would like to manage.

Who else is having a later life baby?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default fourth baby at 40

I turn 40 at the end of the month and am 10 weeks pregnant with my fourth child 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 40 and am having my first, only six weeks at the moment. I've miscarried in the past so the next few weeks are an anxious wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 43 in September and just had a baby girl on Friday. She was unplanned as well but very much wanted and loved. I have a DS6. Congratulations on your opregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 9+5, 42 with my 7th pregnancy but no kids so extremely anxious, this time for the first time I got a heartbeat at exactly 7 weeks....now I dont feel pregnant at all...its sad but I have never made it this far before but at least at 7 weeks I had sore boobs and bitter mouth...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Avafox, I'm 40 and I'm 8.6 with #2.

This one was unplanned as we had agreed that we were happy with just the three of us, just one child. I am very happy, (a little scared!) but DF is not and still trying to talk me out of it, and into a termination, which I cannot even contemplate.

How far along are you? We're maybe about the same? D'OH: Just edited to see you're 10 weeks, so we ARE pretty close :-)
    x Blue Pixie

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 44 when my baby girl was born she's almost 10 months old now and my first baby. I had an easy pregnancy and cesarean birth. I did the harmony test at 10 weeks and did not wait for the 12 week scan. Good luck with your pregnancies ladies, there are much more of us older mums these days than ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations everyone,

I am 41 and a bit and due baby number 2 around Christmas. We had a miscarriage in January so very thankful to be pregnant again so quickly. I did the gensyte test same as harmony at 10 weeks as I was high risk with my daughter and had to have cvs carried out. So I am 17 weeks today......