+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help for a friend

So since this is in the 'no cry sleeping' section, I would like some advice to help a friend.

Her baby is 7 months old, she has been telling me that he has been sleeping through for ages now, but her DH often tells my DH that they had a 'bad night'.

She knows I'm against CIO and CC etc for my kids, and we have discussed it and I have tried to pass on some of our tips without trying to make her feel bad etc, but recently her DH told mine that the baby woke during the night and screamed for 2 hours until he vomited.

My friend has also told me that her DH used to stop her going in the baby's room at night for their first child (when she was a baby) (6 now)

The thought makes me feel physically sick. She is a lovely mum and I often feel like she knows it's wrong or it upsets her too and that her DH is controlling the situation.

Her SIL has said openly to her a few times to close the door and walk away.

She hired a sleep consultant who has told her that it's ok if bub cries and not to worry, I am not sure exactly what she meant by 'it's ok to let bub cry' whether that was 'a grizzle is ok' or 'a full blown CIO is ok'. Either way, she seems to be taking her advice.

I don't like to come across as judgemental and I don't want to hurt my friend but it seems like SHE is also struggling with it last time I visited she was saying how hoarse her baby's voice was because he was crying the night before

He's only 7 months old

Is there any info I can give her? Any tips in helping her bub to fall asleep without crying so much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help for a friend

Oh that poor mum and baby!

I am guessing (and may be wrong) that the baby vomited and cried for two hours because nobody went to comfort him?

There's a really nice gentle book by Elizabeth Pantly called the "No Cry Sleep Solution" which I really liked reading.

My DS (10 months) isn't the best sleeper but has never been left to cry and is rocked to sleep in my arms if necessary. Has she tried picking her baby up to console him then once he is calm put him back in the cot and pay his bum or gently rock him back and forth whilst shushing? This sometimes helps my DS.
    Last edited by Pumpkin1106; 07-04-2015 at 11:11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure what she's tried as she always says that he is sleeping through, but her hubby tells mine about the crying for hours and vomiting etc

This is another reason why I am kinda struggling to give advice as she thinks that I think her bub sleeps through