+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Great stories ladies.

Just had another example regarding clocking on at work. Hubby and I have often had discussions about staff members at his work that clock on at work, log into their computers and immediately go get a coffee and then arrive back at either desk 20 -25 minutes later ready to start work. I think it's unethical - they basically get paid for 20-25 minutes when they are not working. If my staff did that I would tell them to either grab their coffee before checking in... Or wait until 10am or so when they would at least have a chance at justifying playing the "I need a break" card.

What would others do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    So.. @VicPark I've got one for you.

I rang my TAFE once to find out what my old student number had been so had to give a lot of details for them to access my file.

No dramas. All sorted in about five minutes, get off the phone. I'm just a student bumming around at home so of course this means spending most of my days on the Internet.

I log into my hotmail account and find that the receptionist that I rang has
    a) taken it upon himself to use my email address from my file to add me to messenger (which I never ever had used before so was very confused), and
    b) sent me an unsolicited picture of his junk.

What would you do with this guy?
    OMG what the hell? Im sorry but imagining that i have to have a bit of a giggle!

Now that the giggle is out of the way, i would have called the police..Thats technological flashing! Who knows how many young women he attacked that way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    So.. @VicPark I've got one for you.

I rang my TAFE once to find out what my old student number had been so had to give a lot of details for them to access my file.

No dramas. All sorted in about five minutes, get off the phone. I'm just a student bumming around at home so of course this means spending most of my days on the Internet.

I log into my hotmail account and find that the receptionist that I rang has
    a) taken it upon himself to use my email address from my file to add me to messenger (which I never ever had used before so was very confused), and
    b) sent me an unsolicited picture of his junk.

What would you do with this guy?
    I wouldn't respond to him, would report him to tafe authorities and tell them that I will need to be satisfied with whatever action they take otherwise I will go to the police.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Great stories ladies.

Just had another example regarding clocking on at work. Hubby and I have often had discussions about staff members at his work that clock on at work, log into their computers and immediately go get a coffee and then arrive back at either desk 20 -25 minutes later ready to start work. I think it's unethical - they basically get paid for 20-25 minutes when they are not working. If my staff did that I would tell them to either grab their coffee before checking in... Or wait until 10am or so when they would at least have a chance at justifying playing the "I need a break" card.

What would others do?
    People at my work do this. The one that grinds my gears is the girl who does PT in the morning, then leaves an hour early in the arvo to also go to the gym, essentially taking 2.5 hours off work while i am stuck at my desk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to be a sales manager, I've fired people over the most minor things.

Phones at desks, Facebook, being late, taking extra breaks, not wearing a tie...

I work in education management now and it's a whole different world... Everyone has their personal phones out, Friday is casual day, I wear thongs to work every day unless I have external meetings, I consider my morning chats in the kitchen to be valuable networking and consultation...

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't respond to him, would report him to tafe authorities and tell them that I will need to be satisfied with whatever action they take otherwise I will go to the police.
    Ah...

Sorry I meant if you were his office manager :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thank God my boss is flexible and understanding. Due to having 2 daycare drop offs last year, which were unavoidable, I never arrived at work on time once. I hated it. Was always between 10 and 25 minutes late. But my boss turned a blind eye because I has never been late in the previous 9 years at work and he knew it. Was never docked pay or anything. I am grateful I work with such family friendly colleagues.

ETA - back to only one daycare drop off this year and arriving on time again!
    Last edited by BigRedV; 07-04-2015 at 20:03.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ah...

Sorry I meant if you were his office manager :-)
    Got to HR and ask them to start the ball rolling in getting him sacked under the employers code of conduct. And ask grit advice on whether to notify anyone else (police etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Great stories ladies.

What would others do?
    I assume thats an office job?

I do that and most of my colleagues do it too. It makes sense to start computer and then leave, so that all that time wasted waiting for starting processes to finish is not wasted. You're actually getting coffee!
    Once you're back, computer is ready and we are ready with coffee kick.

It probably depends on the position level. They couldn't care less whether I clock 20hrs or 60 within the one week. They want the job to be done and I have to manage the work load myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Thank God my boss is flexible and understanding. Due to having 2 daycare drop offs last year, which were unavoidable, I never arrived at work on time once. I hated it. Was always between 10 and 25 minutes late. But my boss turned a blind eye because I has never been late in the previous 9 years at work and he knew it. Was never docked pay or anything. I am grateful I work with such family friendly colleagues.

ETA - back to only one daycare drop off this year and arriving on time again!
    Did you have to work back late to make up the time? If not what did your colleagues think?