+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy2shoes View Post
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm 29, been off the pill for 4years now and this will be 2nd month TTC after AF finishes. And omg i never realised how complicated it all is!! After all this research i have no idea how women do it accidently.
    For 2 years i have used period tracker app to chart everything and i love it. But will totally check out ovia. Me n the DH BD quite alot... we like to think we are keeping the flow steady and strong in preperation lol. Tmi i know. Just started temp charting but its super inconsistent and im going to purchase OPK for this cycle. I normally can tell on O day by symptoms but would love to know for sure.
    Oh and how do i change my display picture?
    Xx
    Hey Tammy welcome! Ovia is great! I use it too. I'm in month 2 ttc, I'm the same seems you have to get the timing EXACTLY how do woman just accidently do it?? Lol
    This is my first month temping, charting etc.
    Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsK1984 For This Useful Post:

Tammy2shoes  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am wondering why ovia is saying my fertile days are much later than what fertility friend does?? not temping this month but pretty sure I o'ed already yet ovia reckons my fertility score today is 9?? weird. I need a break from all this charting

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

MrsK1984  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    I am wondering why ovia is saying my fertile days are much later than what fertility friend does?? not temping this month but pretty sure I o'ed already yet ovia reckons my fertility score today is 9?? weird. I need a break from all this charting
    I don't think ovia is as accurate. I can tell it's based purely on averages from other cycles - so it probably gets more accurate as you track as long as your cycles are relatively regular.

After the cycle has ended with AF ovia recalculates and will move the fertile period.
    My last cycle ovia said I'd O after FF predicted. After AF ovia shifted it to match FF.
    My first cycle off the pill was longer, with O being later, than the next cycles - now they are quite regular. I can take that first cycle out of the stats on FF but I can't with Ovia (I could just delete all the info I put in of course) so my Ovia details are slightly off compared to FF because it is using a long cycle in its stats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bertie7 For This Useful Post:

lolly007  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    I use fertility friend and ovia and they both match up for me. Make sure your cycle length is put in the same maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @twentysomething I can definitely sympathize! I went off the pill at the start of Feb and apart from that bleed I have had one period since (when I think I had EWCM but was still so new to it that I was kind of nervous still about TTC and didn't seize the opportunity as enthusiastically as I should have!). So that was at Easter and now we are looking at 7 weeks again and no sign of AF. I have done 3 tests, all negative, so feeling very frustrated. Used to be pretty much like clockwork before I went on the pill so I am getting really down on myself, especially because DH is so keen. Look forward to hearing how you go, I am hoping that it will all sort itself out soon but I am thinking about trying vitex or something too. Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby number 1

I'm in the same boat!
    Been trying to conceive baby no. 1 for 3 cycles but still nothing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
    Oh @twentysomething I can definitely sympathize! I went off the pill at the start of Feb and apart from that bleed I have had one period since (when I think I had EWCM but was still so new to it that I was kind of nervous still about TTC and didn't seize the opportunity as enthusiastically as I should have!). So that was at Easter and now we are looking at 7 weeks again and no sign of AF. I have done 3 tests, all negative, so feeling very frustrated. Used to be pretty much like clockwork before I went on the pill so I am getting really down on myself, especially because DH is so keen. Look forward to hearing how you go, I am hoping that it will all sort itself out soon but I am thinking about trying vitex or something too. Good luck xxx
    hi @ElleDeee
    yeah I am up to 54 days post pill my dr was so supportive I think due to my history and my sisters diagnosis. It is very sad and frustrating coz hubby is keen as well and he is looking for bigger houses for kids and started getting very excited and I feel like I am letting him down I was woken two nights ago with bad abdominal pain which does happen with my AF so hoping beyond hope. I am still going to go for the ultrasound as I feel like it would give me knowledge one way or another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so frustrating @twentysomething , I feel the same about letting him down, but he kind of just dismisses it that "oh well, you can't help it" which I know is true but I don't think he understands my frustrations! I was feeling really PMS-y last week and nothing came of it, still BFN today, but when I am feeling all crampy im not really in the mood either! I feel silly about going to the doctor because it is so early but if something doesn't happen soon I guess that is my next option to rule out anything else. I wonder if it is just a combination of being stressed and coming off the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    hi @ElleDeee
    yeah I am up to 54 days post pill my dr was so supportive I think due to my history and my sisters diagnosis. It is very sad and frustrating coz hubby is keen as well and he is looking for bigger houses for kids and started getting very excited and I feel like I am letting him down I was woken two nights ago with bad abdominal pain which does happen with my AF so hoping beyond hope. I am still going to go for the ultrasound as I feel like it would give me knowledge one way or another.
    So you've been to the dr about it? I haven't been on lately so I've missed so much. Has he been able to determine if you have pcos as well? My hubby has been doing the same and it is really upsetting to let them down every month but I'm sure they are more upset about how we're feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
    It's so frustrating @twentysomething , I feel the same about letting him down, but he kind of just dismisses it that "oh well, you can't help it" which I know is true but I don't think he understands my frustrations! I was feeling really PMS-y last week and nothing came of it, still BFN today, but when I am feeling all crampy im not really in the mood either! I feel silly about going to the doctor because it is so early but if something doesn't happen soon I guess that is my next option to rule out anything else. I wonder if it is just a combination of being stressed and coming off the pill.
    Stress can have a huge effect on our reproductive system. And I don't think there is anything silly about going to a dr early on. And I know what you mean about not being in the mood when you're crampy. Lol