+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bertie7 View Post
    Temping is good, I'm a scientist so I really like data!!. Attachment 69886
    The temp shift confirms O but I have not got a positive OPK (on IC or digital). I think my surge is too quick (I've only poas once a day). I am going to try ferning this month too!
    My sister in law said she always showed negative OPK's yet ultra sound (she was doing ivf etc ) showed she had ovulated!
    I've only just started temping the last few days and it's quite fascinating. Lol
    I'm a midwife and it's so strange being on the other side of it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only temped the 1 month (because I got a BFP) but I really liked it. Coming off the pill it reassured me I was ovulating.

Also because my cycles were 49 then 31 days I had no idea when it would all happen. On the 3rd month it said i ovulated on day 22, which also confirmed my other symptom of really sensitive nipples around that time of month which was the give away as well.

I will def be temping again 😊 plus it's easier to do than opks they are so ambiguous I found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default TTC baby number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Hi @GemimaPuddleduck,
    I haven't had any test done as I have just come off the pill and I thought the dr wouldn't take me seriously? Any thoughts on seeing a dr so soon? I am worried though as I dont want to wait a full year to see if something happens, its just seems crazy😕 both sides of parent grand parents have thyroid issues to so really very confused? How long to wait before seeing dr? Thoughts?
    I don't think you should have to wait at all, there is no harm going for the test, if there is nothing there you will get peace of mind. Tell the doc about your family. I really think it's something you should push for. I have visited so many docs over the years and kept telling them all of my symptoms and they all looked at me like I was a hypochondriac and thought I was crazy. It just took one guy to listen and now I know I have PCOS but no cysts (didn't even know that was possible) so I have the insulin resistance and low progesterone (amongst other things) that will explain most of the symptoms I've been whinging about for years. Just push until someone does something. Also, chronic stress can lead to low progesterone too, fairly sure that's how mine started. So get it checked. There is absolutely no need for you to wait a month or so and definitely not a year. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gemima, its really nice to have some were so supportive. Its really hard to talk to hubby has i dont think he really understands how much this effects us. I do have a fairly high stress job... I think i will give it a little longer as I think AF might finally be on her way i have been pmsing like crazy. Insane moods swings, atm which was always a classic sign for me but if notjing in another two weeks I think i will go. I actually have found a really lovely dr who seems to know what shes talking about so I think she will help. I will keep you posted.
    Its such a cruel joke of nature when a woman body doesn't do the one thing its supposed to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Thanks Gemima, its really nice to have some were so supportive. Its really hard to talk to hubby has i dont think he really understands how much this effects us. I do have a fairly high stress job... I think i will give it a little longer as I think AF might finally be on her way i have been pmsing like crazy. Insane moods swings, atm which was always a classic sign for me but if notjing in another two weeks I think i will go. I actually have found a really lovely dr who seems to know what shes talking about so I think she will help. I will keep you posted.
    Its such a cruel joke of nature when a woman body doesn't do the one thing its supposed to do.
    Hang in there babe I thought we had a bad month last mth and was very down on my body as we were activity TTC turns out I was too quick. I thought too I was PMS ing last week. Had massive cramps etc and today we are waiting to be confirmed ;-)

Good luck babe

Thanks
    Reviews
    @twentysomething it can be really stressful when our bodies don't do what we want them to and the time when we are waiting for it to happen can feel so long!
    How many cycles have you been off the pill for now and if this isn't your first one how long have they been?

If your family has a history I would go to the doc and explain your situation and say that you would like to rule these out sooner rather than later, it is your right to ask this. You will probably find that your doctor is really great

Update on me at the moment - still waiting for the miscarriage to flush out of my system. I had a blood test last night so will get my levels back and see what they are, hopefully low! The bleeding seems to have subsided which is good but I have heard it can come back? I only bled for 6 days, seems short but maybe not, hopefully not!
    When I get my blood results will ask when we can start ttc again, I am think I will have to wait for at least 1 cycle - that feels like forever away!!! 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    So just realised I may have been testing with the OPK too early in the day?? Thought I was meant to do it with first urine of the day but have now read otherwise. Just
    wondering when you test if you use them? Thanks girls xx
    P.s don't have instructions as they were given to me from a girl from work who used them for one month and fell pregnant so had a heap left over - they are still in date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    @twentysomething it can be really stressful when our bodies don't do what we want them to and the time when we are waiting for it to happen can feel so long!
    How many cycles have you been off the pill for now and if this isn't your first one how long have they been?

If your family has a history I would go to the doc and explain your situation and say that you would like to rule these out sooner rather than later, it is your right to ask this. You will probably find that your doctor is really great

Update on me at the moment - still waiting for the miscarriage to flush out of my system. I had a blood test last night so will get my levels back and see what they are, hopefully low! The bleeding seems to have subsided which is good but I have heard it can come back? I only bled for 6 days, seems short but maybe not, hopefully not!
    When I get my blood results will ask when we can start ttc again, I am think I will have to wait for at least 1 cycle - that feels like forever away!!! ������

Hi Lauzie,

This is my first cycle, well attempted cycle of the pill i stopped taking it on March 20 had my with draw bleed and have had nothing since then, so now at 48 days. which I know not totally terrible since I did just stop contraception but a little disheartening I have done two preg next to be sure and so far Bfn. I thought I might wait till the end of this month and see what happens.

I have been feeling very bloated and crampy the last few days so hoping this might be a good sign. as bloating is usually a sign for me. I have been VERY weepy burst into tear yesterday at work! VERy unlike me lol so I am hoping this is my body trying to sort it's self out and I just need to remain patient which I am desperately trying to!

However with my history of irregular periods and my sisters pcos and I am quietly a little worried and sad. As I guess like every one here I was hoping a one month try and OH LOOk i'm pregnant never mind. good things come to those that wait. But I dont wont to jump to conclusions just yet.

I hope you get back to normal soon and can start TTC again!
    Much love xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsKastanas View Post
    So just realised I may have been testing with the OPK too early in the day?? Thought I was meant to do it with first urine of the day but have now read otherwise. Just
    wondering when you test if you use them? Thanks girls xx
    P.s don't have instructions as they were given to me from a girl from work who used them for one month and fell pregnant so had a heap left over - they are still in date.
    Yeah the IC OPKs are supposed to be used with afternoon urine because fmu could be too concentrated and give false positives. I use fmu as I also use the clear blue OPKs (which say to use fmu), so I just use the same sample for both tests. I never get a positive IC (and have only ever had one peak/high on the digi). I want to test twice a day with the ICs because I think I miss miss the surge. But I drink so much water that I think my urine will probably always be too dilute.
    I temp to confirm O.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bertie7 For This Useful Post:

MrsK1984  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bertie7 View Post
    Yeah the IC OPKs are supposed to be used with afternoon urine because fmu could be too concentrated and give false positives. I use fmu as I also use the clear blue OPKs (which say to use fmu), so I just use the same sample for both tests. I never get a positive IC (and have only ever had one peak/high on the digi). I want to test twice a day with the ICs because I think I miss miss the surge. But I drink so much water that I think my urine will probably always be too dilute.
    I temp to confirm O.
    Have you ever had a positive with clear blue and negative with IC using the same urine? Wondering if I should try clear blue...
    Think I should be ovulating in the next couple of days so if no luck this month might try clear blue x