+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    doesn't everyone use work to charge their phones, use work phone for personal purposes, sit on gmail all day (open in the background, not actually emailing all day) and use photocopier etc for their own stuff?? I don't abuse my work but I'm there for 9-10 hours each day, I think it's fairly reasonable to use some work resources for personal purposes. your personal life doesn't just stop just cause you're at work!
    It actually says in our code of conduct that you can photocopy personal stuff etc as long as it isn't excessive or interrupts with your work. In saying that there was a policy come out that panadol isn't considered first aid so you can't take work supply of that

I printed and made my wedding invites on night shift. It was on vellum?? Paper and I could only print one or 2 at a time otherwise the printer would start smoking. I didn't care if it blew up, just didn't want to set the fire alarm off at 2am!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

DT75  (07-04-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (12-04-2015),harvs  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only naughty thing I do at my work is when the chef has made peanut butter chocolate slice (it is soooo good!) for the residents, I will take a piece for a resident that I know won't eat it and is in their room, then when I get there and they decline it.... ohhh I guess I just have to eat it then.
    But even with that excuse I would get in big big trouble if I was caught.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    The only naughty thing I do at my work is when the chef has made peanut butter chocolate slice (it is soooo good!) for the residents, I will take a piece for a resident that I know won't eat it and is in their room, then when I get there and they decline it.... ohhh I guess I just have to eat it then.
    But even with that excuse I would get in big big trouble if I was caught.
    Why? Wouldn't they just chuck it?
    Maybe you should bring it back, say they don't want it, and ask if you can eat it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit of a goody-two-shoes, but probably the worst I've done is told the boss I'd put in calls when I actually hadn't (of a hound-a-grieving-family nature, so I don't feel bad about that at all).
    I've also made coffee pit-stops while out in the company car.
    We're allowed to charge phones, use Facebook and private email at work.
    In my past (young) life doing bar work in a nightclub I'd occasionally have a drink or two myself, but I didn't want to steal so I'd buy a little bottle of something, leave it in a locker and one of the floor staff would pour me a drink every now and then. I'm almost positive my boss knew, there were cameras everywhere.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yep, definitely think a few have missed the intent of this thread.

Thread killed in 5,4,3,2......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a bunch of dodgy biatches. I may or may not have availed myself of the high quality printer at my work for my engagement and wedding invitations

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 19 I got up close and personal (just making out) with a fellow staff member when we were working. It was night shift (with nothing to do for most of the shift) and we had been chatting and getting to know each other, flirting, etc. When he kissed me, I didn't stop it. In the days after, he turned out to be a bit psycho and started stalking me 😐

14. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've misappropriated some supplies ie gloves, pens, post it notes and sterile dressings.

I've also used the printer for personal use and work phones for the Occ calls.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

harvs  (07-04-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    The problem is, one person's fun, is another person's source of offence.
    I once had 3 staff members fired for accessing my personal details for their entertainment... It's one thing to find out by accident, or through your regular job, and another to knowingly do it "for fun".
    Sure. I totally agree with you.

But commenting negatively or sarcastically and in doing so changing the tone of a thread is a choice as well :-) There is, of course, another choice people can make.

I obviously can't and don't want to control what people choose to contribute, just explaining what my intentions were originally.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (07-04-2015),HeavenBlue  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Sure. I totally agree with you.

But commenting negatively or sarcastically and in doing so changing the tone of a thread is a choice as well :-) There is, of course, another choice people can make.

I obviously can't and don't want to control what people choose to contribute, just explaining what my intentions were originally.
    I agree, but I just want to point out that if someone admitted to committing fraud, murder, etc here, it would change the tone. To some, invasions of privacy are just as bad, and expressing that we feel so isn't us being judgemental or trying to take over the thread. It's a legitimate response to something.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

bigmummahen  (07-04-2015),DailyDiversion  (07-04-2015),harvs  (07-04-2015),sunnyflower  (07-04-2015)