+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I borrow stationary all the time :O
    Yeap and coz i ordered it, i would order all the things i personally liked

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    Band aids, dressings, bandages...
    Yes yes yes. I get dressings from the wound care nurse if i need to if its something i cant do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    I charge my phone at work most days.

Make personal phone calls from work instead of using my own phone.
    Always charge my phone on night shift(day shift i wouldnt dream too coz we can get in a lot of trouble. I also play my music too on night shift coz there is only 2 of us on the floor compared to 9 during the day. Personal phone calls to home at least twice a week to usually ask if we need anything from woolies. Today it was coz i needed my purse so i could get a coke at work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I eat a spoonful of Nutella every time I go to work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just thought of another one - sometimes if I've finished a task earlier than I planned I will go to bathrooms and spend 5 mins sitting in a stall catching up on fb & bh...Such a rebel!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I eat a spoonful of Nutella every time I go to work
    Ok I have questions about this.

Who owns the Nutella?
    Is this frowned upon where you work?

Where are you working where there is always Nutella there for you to eat and do they have any vacancies?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

amyd  (07-04-2015),FrothyFrog  (06-04-2015),Little Ted  (06-04-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (06-04-2015),Ruby_Tuesday15  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gosh I have a million things but we own the business so I can get away with it !

I would never expect my staff to pay for any printing or photocopying or stamps for that matter , as long as they are not doing anything illegal I'm fine with that - unlike our 17 year old receptionist a few years ago who DH caught having Skype s$x at our front desk in the middle of the day!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

DT75  (07-04-2015),harvs  (06-04-2015),Little Ted  (06-04-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (06-04-2015)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Ok I have questions about this.

Who owns the Nutella?
    Is this frowned upon where you work?

Where are you working where there is always Nutella there for you to eat and do they have any vacancies?
    I'm a nanny, I don't know if it would be frowned upon but I never let the kids see And I won't lie. I have used the last in a jar before AND then put it back in the cupboard.

You're welcome to visit and have an illicit spoon of nutella some time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I don't get breaks either, and only 40mins for lunch (7am-6pm).
    Point is still valid.
    Necessity is necessity, that doesn't mean it's ok to do it whenever or for whatever.
    i worked back til 8:30pm last week (3 hours past knock off time) to finish up on a deadline. boss wasn't even in to see this, I did it out of my own time, unpaid (ie no overtime pay, I'm on a fixed salary). employees who put in the extra hard yards as and when required also enjoy the privilege of taking 5 or 10 minutes here and then when they're on the clock to attend to personal things too.

I think any boss that frowned upon this would be pretty unfair and unpopular.

by the same token, if someone is a slacker in work hours, then they don't really deserve to be taking additional work time up to attend to personal stuff.

it all depends entirely on the work ethic of the employee and the kind of job they do obviously.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (06-04-2015),harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Gosh I have a million things but we own the business so I can get away with it !

I would never expect my staff to pay for any printing or photocopying or stamps for that matter , as long as they are not doing anything illegal I'm fine with that - unlike our 17 year old receptionist a few years ago who DH caught having Skype s$x at our front desk in the middle of the day!
    that's quite generous if you're allowing them to use stamps for personal use! I took a stamp recently for personal use and felt bad. I left a note and brought one in from home to replace the one I took lol!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I used to go in and watch concerts at work, or occasionally we would prop the door to the kitchen open so we could hear it better. I saw Justin Timberlake and Foo Fighters that way

Other than that I was pretty good. I did give DF and his Dad a discount on food once and a couple times I would get free chips or hot dog for my break depending on who was cooking that day. I got a lot of free hot chocolates working on coffee.

I don't have any cool office stories though because I've never worked in an office.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a giant kid's craft supplies cupboard at work. My kids see it as their own personal DoodleDrawers and we regularly raid it for awesome craft supplies.
    IN MY DEFENCE I regularly buy things for it out of my own pocket bc I'll see something ace from somewhere that's not on our supplier list, so instead of trying to get them on our supplier list (long and tedious) I just pay cash and figure it evens out
    I can't believe some places would get uptight about printing or charging phones, lol. Glad I don't work anywhere like that!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)