+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I work shift work and deliberately save jobs to do on work time, like phone calls etc.

I once broke $2000 worth of glassware in one day. Three different things. I fessed up to the first two but not the third. I left it for someone else to find, I think they knew it was me but couldn't prove it.

I work in a lab and often take in my pool water to do the pH on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok... Here goes *deep breath*

1. Personal printing
    2. Personal Internet use
    3. When I was a smoker regularly setting the ash tray on fire but blamed the people in the building next door who shared the same car park
    4. Use work vehicle to go and have coffee with friends
    5. Use office stamps for personal use
    6. Use the last of the milk/coffee/sugar
    7. Eat 2 pieces of slice/cake/whatever
    8. Always forget to take out the rubbish from the bin under my desk on a Friday and come back in on Monday to stink office and act shocked, dismayed and annoyed that SOMEONE would do that!
    9. Stationery - ALL the stationery
    10. Manky cup lady - leaving dreg cups lying about the place.

I'll come back if I can think of more

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    doesn't everyone use work to charge their phones, use work phone for personal purposes, sit on gmail all day (open in the background, not actually emailing all day) and use photocopier etc for their own stuff?? I don't abuse my work but I'm there for 9-10 hours each day, I think it's fairly reasonable to use some work resources for personal purposes. your personal life doesn't just stop just cause you're at work!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

Anndrosa  (07-04-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (06-04-2015),harvs  (06-04-2015),TanD  (06-04-2015),Wise Enough  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    When I used to work FT, I used to have to use my phone twice a day as I had to set an alarm for when one of my students needed her diabetes meds. I figured the importance outweighed anything else.
    Ya, I said to my superior, "I will wear my (brand name) watch if you will pay for any damage caused to it. If not, I need to use my phone as I cannot afford another watch, and the cheap ones cause skin irritations".
    They prefer for me to use my phone, lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I worked in a supermarket when I was younger and broken Easter eggs and blocks of chocolate used to get written off as damaged and thrown out. Occasionally on a slow Sunday night we would "accidentally" break some chocolate so we could eat it. Now I see it as stealing, back then it was a genius way to get free chocolate.
    I used to work in a supermarket and we were given the broken chocolate. Never had to break any intentionally, as there was always a kid (or 12) that broke some.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @littlelove this made me giggle so much.

I've signed someone else's name on a work birthday card (which was confusing for all concerned) but I think I've managed to always get the occasion right!

ETA @~Marigold~ was it you who posted the card that your friend sent you and it was like a birthday card and shed written happy easter inside or something like that? My memory bone is being tickled.
    Yes it was me who posted that, lol. It was an Easter card and she had written "Merry Christmas" in it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015),littlelove  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    doesn't everyone use work to charge their phones, use work phone for personal purposes, sit on gmail all day (open in the background, not actually emailing all day) and use photocopier etc for their own stuff?? I don't abuse my work but I'm there for 9-10 hours each day, I think it's fairly reasonable to use some work resources for personal purposes. your personal life doesn't just stop just cause you're at work!
    Well, technically, it does. You're being paid at work, not at home. They are allowed to expect that you will only do work stuff at work.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (07-04-2015),harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Ok... Here goes *deep breath*

1. Personal printing
    2. Personal Internet use
    3. When I was a smoker regularly setting the ash tray on fire but blamed the people in the building next door who shared the same car park
    4. Use work vehicle to go and have coffee with friends
    5. Use office stamps for personal use
    6. Use the last of the milk/coffee/sugar
    7. Eat 2 pieces of slice/cake/whatever
    8. Always forget to take out the rubbish from the bin under my desk on a Friday and come back in on Monday to stink office and act shocked, dismayed and annoyed that SOMEONE would do that!
    9. Stationery - ALL the stationery
    10. Manky cup lady - leaving dreg cups lying about the place.

I'll come back if I can think of more
    This post made me laugh! 😀

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Doesn't anyone's workplace have fraud and ethics training? I would get the sack if I pulled some of the stuff mentioned in this thread!.

And yes I cringe when I recall some moments from my first job as a teenager. So embarassed - and I was a 'good girl' would hate to think what the bad kids got up to!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

DT75  (06-04-2015),harvs  (06-04-2015),PinkPopsicle  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Well, technically, it does. You're being paid at work, not at home. They are allowed to expect that you will only do work stuff at work.
    if you put in a decent slog whilst you're there and your boss can see that, I think it's also fair that concessions are made when you need it.

eg: if I'm buying a house and my solicitor needs to speak to me urgently, do I tell her to phone me back after 7pm as that's when I get home? I mean you need to be realistic as well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-04-2015)