+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Well I assume I'm one of the turds you're speaking of as you have previously quoted me then condescendingly spelled out how you would treat such actions.

We're not stupid. Let's just clarify that. We all know about code of conduct training etc. I don't need an online reprimand for something a coworker did. Even if it had been me I still wouldn't need a reprimand for telling my story in a thread labeled confessional and non judgmental. If you can't not judge people don't join the thread.
    Your turd wasn't actually one of the turds I was thinking about. Sorry but I've already forgotten what your confessional was - not saying your turd wasn't important rather my memory is not the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Depends what your internet use policy is.

Completely fine if its on your own personal device using your personal mobile internet service - its if its using a work computer and work internet that its the issue.
    unless you're ********* full length feature films in HD I wouldn't have thought checking your gmail or reading ninemsn would chew through a lot of a company's data allowance.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    unless you're ********* full length feature films in HD I wouldn't have thought checking your gmail or reading ninemsn would chew through a lot of a company's data allowance.
    For us, it's not the data, it's apparently the security risk and impact on the network. I don't understand either of these things! I don't understand IT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of these are just GOLD! Thanks for the laugh guys!

My confessional is from when I was quite a bit younger and the purchasing manager of a large hotel, so I had access to several large storerooms in the basement of the hotel. I also happened to have a massive crush on one of the chef's. Every month I had to stocktake all the food storerooms with one of the chef's, and each time it was him I was SO excited. Eventually he must have picked up on something, and we ended up having a very hot, steamy affair in those storerooms! The beauty of them was that only myself and the head chef had a key, and there were no cameras and no-one about - oh the things that went on!!!

There were many crazy things that happened in hospitality - I remember one of the chef's throwing a steak in a customer's face because he complained it wasn't cooked properly. And one of our duty managers was on shift when a guest walked through a glass door and cut themselves - so he decided to stitch them up. WTF?? He was a 28 year old duty manager, not a doctor - and who would let someone like that stitch them up??? He got the sack over that one!

I can't tell you the amount of times I'd go into my storerooms of a morning and there would be the General Manager, sitting on a pallet of Heineken with a dozen or more empties around him, passed out for the night. Oh, and the security guards putting camera's in the penthouse to presumably "catch the drug dealers" but really wanted to watch the big orgies that were going on when a certain group checked in... And the "day use" ladies who would answer the door for room service in their birthday suit. It was endless!

OMG now I remember another thing. When I was doing night auditing it was just myself and one security guy on from 11pm to 7am. Every night we would go through the kitchens and cook up a storm! Pots of coffee, fillet mignon with cream cheese sauce and tiramisu - gourmet meals every night, lol :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

DT75  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing too serious really. Mainly Panadol or nurofen for a headache, but as I have my own personal pharmacy in my handbag I only use the work stuff when I have no time to go to my locker. I've also been sent home from work once with half a dozen Maxolon tablets when I'd been vomiting with a migraine.

A friend of mine managed to take a whole slab of water bottles from work (1-2 bottles at a time) as she realised you could take the lid off without breaking the seal. She then took the slab of water to splendor in the grass after emptying some bottles and filling them with vodka and ouzo...

I'm contemplating calling in sick for work tomorrow because I already know I'm being pooled to another ward (which has a reputation for being staffed poorly, crap allocations etc) and I don't want to go, not because there's anything wrong with me. I probably won't though, as I'd feel so guilty about it. Doesn't mean I'm not hoping to be struck down by illness in the next 4-6hrs though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, and I also carry my phone in my pocket with me.. Big no no at work. I do it so when I need 5 mins to just space out I can go to the loo, check FB, message DH etc. We can't access anything decent on our work computers. Facebook is blocked, you tube is blocked, basically anything fun is blocked so I carry my phone with me as a safety blanket. I do use the calculator on it a lot so I can justify it to myself (as long as the boss doesn't see)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ok cool - we have a massive commercial printer that's costs us a lot more !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    In my last job we had this one particular office that we were meant to go in and vacuum the carpets. That's all they paid for. Thing is the receptionist also did this several times during the week. I went twice with the regular on the run and she would get the carpet sweeper that was kept in the office and give a quick going over. We were paid to be there for an hour so we'd then sit there reading or checking our phones for the rest of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only been a rebel and allowed a few note pads and pens fall into my hand bag and now I have a boss who doesnt care when I turn up to work as long as everything gets done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had 4 hours sleep on Wednesday night due to an unwell toddler so was exhausted at work yesterday. So I may have snuck off to the toilets for a little nap. It was only a couple of minutes but I felt fantastic afterwards.