+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry, this post is purely a test, I haven't been able to post all day as I'm having problems when I try to submit anything. @harvs I know you won't mind using your thread to do so, you're clearly obsessed with me anyway. *flicks hair*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Workplace Confessional

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Sergeant Buzzkill.
    There appears to be some confusion so let me clarify. I think the intention of the OP was fine - quite fun.
    It's only a few cases that I feel have crossed the line from funny to not funny - cases I feel have either likely breached legislation or an employers code of conduct. I don't think there's anything wrong with speaking out in general terms against this. As much as it has pained me I have tried to avoid mentioning specific cases - in order to reduce conflict. That being said I'm not going to apologise for calling a turd a turd in general terms.

I am surprised that people are surprised this thread went a little of track. Surely people know that people have different lines in the sand regarding what is ethical behavior. If anyone has posted information in his thread they feel would subject them to discipline from their employer if their identity was discovered then that's on them.

Anyhoo Sarge Buzkill says have a great night ladies!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When payday is a few days away and we've run out of toilet paper, garbage bags, spray and wipe, work is always open for shopping.

We can't get internet connection at home so I use the work computer and the printer.

I covered the bosses computer in sticky notes lol waste of a stack of sticky notes

When preparing the kids food ive sometimes taken one chip or a piece of cheese. Never enough that the kids miss out, just a tiny piece.

Sometimes childrens music just gets too much so I turn the radio on, shhh dont tell the boss that one but the rest they dont care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Me personally:
    - personal printing
    - stationery has slipped into my handbag from time to time
    - used computer during lunch break to access Facebook and bub hub or other websites

I happen to know someone who actually did the deed while at work. A late night security guard for an embassy. Funny story now

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    There appears to be some confusion so let me clarify. I think the intention of the OP was fine - quite fun.
    It's only a few cases that I feel have crossed the line from funny to not funny - cases I feel have either likely breached legislation or an employers code of conduct. I don't think there's anything wrong with speaking out in general terms against this. As much as it has pained me I have tried to avoid mentioning specific cases - in order to reduce conflict. That being said I'm not going to apologise for calling a turd a turd in general terms.

I am surprised that people are surprised this thread went a little of track. Surely people know that people have different lines in the sand regarding what is ethical behavior. If anyone has posted information in his thread they feel would subject them to discipline from their employer if their identity was discovered then that's on them.

Anyhoo Sarge Buzkill says have a great night ladies!
    Well I assume I'm one of the turds you're speaking of as you have previously quoted me then condescendingly spelled out how you would treat such actions.

We're not stupid. Let's just clarify that. We all know about code of conduct training etc. I don't need an online reprimand for something a coworker did. Even if it had been me I still wouldn't need a reprimand for telling my story in a thread labeled confessional and non judgmental. If you can't not judge people don't join the thread.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

DreamyMummy  (07-04-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (12-04-2015),lilypily  (07-04-2015),Mopoke  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used craft supplies, the printer, photocopier and laminating sheets/laminator to make wedding related things lol we didn't have the things I needed at home and there were loads at school! To be fair I shelled out £100s to set up my classroom at the start of each term so I figure even with everything I used front the school I didn't even break even!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Me personally:
    - personal printing
    - used computer during lunch break to access Facebook and bub hub or other websites

I happen to know someone who actually did the deed while at work. A late night security guard for an embassy. Funny story now

how is accessing fb and personal use websites during your lunch break breaking the rules?? I've been told in previous jobs (same job role but different companies) that a bit of moderate Internet use is fine ie checking the news for a few mins between tasks. it's excessive and ongoing use that's frowned upon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Me personally:
    - personal printing

Before I started apparently the boss would hook up with the maintenance man in the laundry , I work in childcare, during business hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ordered free samples of incontinence products online and had them posted to our General Manager.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

bigmummahen  (07-04-2015),CakeyMumma  (07-04-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (12-04-2015),harvs  (07-04-2015),JR03  (07-04-2015),jussi  (07-04-2015),LaDiDah  (08-04-2015),Little Ted  (07-04-2015),MaximumStarlight  (07-04-2015),VicPark  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes but how much did the actual printer cost? Plus the colour cartridges are $300 each for our printer - I don't mind my staff printing stuff but it costs us more than just paper costs which people forget