+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks blue marlin. I will definitely get a second opinion. My FS did put me on steroids and blood thinners and also gave me a HCG injection at time of my last transfer. This time he was also going to give me IMI progesterone instead of pessaries incase I was having trouble absorbing progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny you should say that my sister has already said to me that I can use her eggs if her eggs are good. My sister is a bit younger than me and hasn't had any children of her own yet. So it would mean waiting until she has had her kids then using her eggs. My sister also has PCOS and she also has chrons so I am hoping that she doesn't have as much trouble as I am.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shell23 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shell if you are on the GC then travel to Brisbane and see Wazza

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

bella25  (06-04-2015),Blinky76  (11-05-2015),shell23  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP, you are young enough to take some time in researching and getting on the waiting list of which ever FS you want for a second opinion. And I'd say do it straight away. I've done 5 cycles with the one FS and have my second opinion consult tomorrow with my new FS. Looking back, 3 cycles would have been a more ideal time to move on. But age is a factor for me and I did not want to be sitting for months on a waiting list.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Since u r in Gold Coast, dr Ong at Monash IVF has a good name. I was recommended to pick him when I planned to have a donor cycle with the clinic. I didn't get that far because a donor popped up at my clinic in the end. He has a good reputation but I don't have personal experience with him. Someone mentioned that he is more of an one step at a time FS to identify issue. While wazza is kitchen sink kind of FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I just wanted to add my 2 bobs worth as I've been in a similar situation. I was with my FS (who I loved) for years and just seemed to be having one disastrous pickup after another (eg no fertilisation, then next one no embies to freeze, then when we decided to do pgd next time had not enough embies to pgd, so did another pickup and tested 2 rounds with at once and had no normal embies to transfer. I booked in for a second opinion with wazza ( before giving up), but the final cycle with my FS I got 4 embies to pgd and 2 came back normal (amazing considering my history!!). One is on board and I'm now pregnant. So I guess I just wanted to say, yes, by all means get another opinion as often a change in approach can do the trick, but don't loose hope as things can turn around in a cycle, even when things seem so against you. As it happened, I had to cancel my second opinion appointment with wazza... Good luck.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josi For This Useful Post:

bella25  (10-05-2015),Wise Enough  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Josi for the insight and congratulations on your pregnancy. That's great news! Do you have PCOS as well? I do feel like giving up but I won't. Think this will be my last cycle for a while then ill have a break and may try a new FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shell23 View Post
    Thanks for the advice wise enough.

I forgot to mention above that on my last failed transfer my FS put me on the whole works - steroids, blood thinners and I also had an HCG injection just before my transfer to trick my body into thinking it was pregnant.

I live on the gold coast. My FS is Dr Michael Flynn and I am using Queensland Fertility Group. I will definitely get a second opinion and have a look at the best in my city on this site.
    I had a similar experience to yours, I got a second opinion from Wazza (Warren De Ambrosis ) he is with QFG in Brisbane - he is your best bet.

After 5 failed cycles with another FS I sought his opinion. It took one more OE cycle and 2 DE cycles with his kitchen sink approach but we got our BFP. He is the king of second opinions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I don't have pcos, we've got endo, funny looking sperm and largely unexplained infertility and miscarriages. If you get a second opinion, I'd definitely go with Wazza. There is a long waiting list, but if you are happy to drop everything and go when there is a cancellation (the backup list), you can get in much sooner..

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can always ask for a second opinion. Nothing is keeping you from not doing that.