Closed Thread
Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to barge in ladies, I'm looking for someone who has any leftover Crinone they want to sell. Please pm me if you do. I'm in sydney. Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jackdemps For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #13

Does anybody have any insight into why I may be having such trouble controlling my body overheating when in bed, or whenever DP tries to cuddle me? It's been going on for maybe 3 years now, since 40 so not sure I'd blame menopause, gets better or worse depending what IVF drugs I'm on at the time, but right now I'm just on the ocp again and freezing/boiling continuously all night which is exactly how it used to be before IVF. I'm already a very bad sleeper and it just makes it so much worse. Very frustrating...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),Summer  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes Blonde the MIL roasted the duck herself in an orange sauce and i must say it was delish! Had a pinot 4 u luv.

Leyshoja I wish I knew the root cause of that problem coz i have it too. DH calls me the volcano. He tries to snuggle up to me in Winter because I radiate heat. He can't stand being too close to me in Summer! Even if i feel freezing myself, apparently I am giving off heat. Weird. Make sure your doona or other bed clothes are made from natural fibres rather than synthetics as that may help you self regulate better. When are you off OS?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),Summer  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Yes Blonde the MIL roasted the duck herself in an orange sauce and i must say it was delish! Had a pinot 4 u luv.

Leyshoja I wish I knew the root cause of that problem coz i have it too. DH calls me the volcano. He tries to snuggle up to me in Winter because I radiate heat. He can't stand being too close to me in Summer! Even if i feel freezing myself, apparently I am giving off heat. Weird. Make sure your doona or other bed clothes are made from natural fibres rather than synthetics as that may help you self regulate better. When are you off OS?
    Looks like we'll be flying out around the 6th of July, 2 days after I turn 43. Happy birthday to me !! Lol

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),Bongley  (10-06-2015),Chiefsgirl  (09-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-06-2015),Skyler  (09-06-2015),Summer  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Whoot-Whoot!!! What a great birthday pressie hey Luv?? "What did you get for your birthday??" "Twins!!" Am very excited for you and @Chiefsgirl!!!

@Leisylou Well, the quacker sounded delicious Luv!! Am sure the pinot's helped it go down easy too!! That's for tossing back a glass for me

@Leisylou How did you go Luv???

@jackdemps If I had any Crinone I'd give to you!! you've found some.

Hello to the other Lovelies..............

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),Summer  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja not long to go now! That will be the best birthday present ever!
    @Skyler yeah for the Pinot, I have to admit to having a couple on the weekend myself😜

Hi to everyone else, sorry I haven't been posting much, work has been crazy and my ph/iPad has been playing up with bubhub and I miss posts. More often I catch up on the daily email update, but they seem to miss stuff too!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),Skyler  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

Every birthday we celebrate as a 'birthday festival' and traditionally we would just eat out, go away, make pigs of ourselves for a weekend or even a week or two. This will be the biggest birthday festival yet !!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),Skyler  (09-06-2015),Summer  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Volcano! @leyshoja & @Skyler that is me too!! As soon as I get close to DH he starts sweating because I'm radiating so much heat. Really stuffs up the snuggling side of things, although he doesn't mind so much in winter. I don't know what it is either, my temp isn't up and I don't feel hot either, but he really feels it. Maybe it is an over 40s thing to do with hormones?

I had my scan this morning and only one decent follicle of 1.85 so we're doing a trigger tonight and IUI on Thursday morning. It was definitely disappointing as I'm on 600i.u. of alternating Puregon & Menopur - so not a low dose, and I couldn't even come up with any more eggs that I would have done naturally

The good thing is my lining is 10.3 which is awesome for me, normally I'm struggling to get it over 7, so that looks good in any case. I've not done IUI before, so I guess it's another option that we can try along the way - I didn't figure it was worth doing the whole EPU for just one potential egg.

So if this doesn't work, then I'll do the long oestrogen priming cycle next month and see how that goes. I know we only need one good egg, so let's hope the stars align on Thursday and the little eggy finds its way down that tube and meets some good healthy swimmers.

xxxx

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-06-2015),Skyler  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Leisylou, yay for a great lining and I'm glad you're doing IUI. I can see you're disappointed but I hope the IUI does the trick.

AFM - we were scheduled to do a back up sperm freeze. It relieves my husbands anxiety doing a collection on the day of EPU. So I dragged the kids out of the house early this morning so he could do his collection in peace at home. We had workmen scheduled to arrive the same time as well, so lot's of pressure lol.

Luckily the collection went really well, unfortunately it leaked on the way to the clinic so they couldn't accept it. (It leaked into the bag which isn't sterile apparently). So annoying. So another one scheduled for next week. What a palaver.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-06-2015),Skyler  (09-06-2015),Summer  (09-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the IUI @Leisylou. My last couple of cycles were on ridiculously high doses too and I didnt respond anywhere near as well and I don't just think it was my age. I think there is that magic dose that works perfectly for each of us, just need to find it.
    I don't so much radiate heat all over, but if DP say puts his arm around and maybe 1/10 of my body is touching him, it's like my brain goes 'hang on, that part of me is warm, my whole body must be boiling hot' and then I start sweating profusely everywhere. Yes it does put a huge dampener on cuddles. I have read that estrogen affects the hypothalamus which controls body temp, sleeping and appetite, all of which I have problems with! I'm worse now that I'm back on the pill but I thought I would have had higher doses of estrogen while cycling..? I've also read that wearing something to bed helps (I sleep au natural) because you can then just throw off the covers but still have moderated temp.
    Welcome @Corbes and good luck. I agree that it's better to do egg pickups while you can but yep the cost is a killer. Sorry can't help you with RPA. For some reason I stuck with a clinic which was the dearest in the universe and you obviously don't get what you pay for in this game so if the price is better, jump all over it I say ! I think there's plenty on this thread who've done RPA..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-06-2015)