Closed Thread
Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks guys, you are all awesome :-)

This is a frucking roller coaster for sure, and with DH away for Fri, Sat, Sun next weekend, I'm now wondering if I should take sperm in with me on Tuesday and get it frozen, just in case I end up doing an IUI or EPU late next week? Might call and ask about that one.

Anyway, in the interests of "go hard or go home" I've just spent the last couple of hours reading (instead of working, which is what I'm meant to be doing ) about ladies who have only had one or two follicles at this stage and what's been recommended to get things moving and potentially increase numbers.

Some ladies have gone from only seeing two follicles on day 8, to seeing up to six or eight appear in a matter of a few days, so I figured I might as well have a go.

The recommendations are to increase protein levels (as I type I am eating a five (yes 5!) egg omelette), keep the ovaries warm (I have a hot water bottle down my jeans), drink lots of water (doing that), lots of uterus massage (DH, that's your job when you get home, and not internally with your penis as I'm sure you'll suggest ), exercise daily (yep), supplements of royal jelly, maca, bee pollen, evening primrose oil, iron, zinc, raspberry leaf (taken), pomegranate juice and pineapple juice (will get this arvo), and lots of rest and sleep (will try - might have to add clinkers and a movie marathon to this routine BIB!). That is on top of the melatonin, baby aspirin, nitrodaur patch, trental, prednisone, thyroid hormone, puregon, menopur, orgalutron, b vitamins and fish oil I'm already taking. Fruck me!

So there you have it - the go hard or go home program. Will let you know on Tuesday if it has done anything!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Isn't that what they all suggest???? Actually, bloody Wazza suggests it too the day/night before ET as he reckons it helps the lining!!!

You go hard Luv!!! No point in not turning over every stone I reckon!! for Tues!!!

P.S...Yes, definitely give them a call regarding sperm sample in advance and make sure you find out what the optimal wait time is for DH to get his swimmers up to capacity before he has to go do the "5 knuckle shuffle"!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-06-2015 at 12:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL men !! It's not that bad an idea though Keep in mind that sperm can supposedly live for 5 days, so the internal massage could pay off hahaaaaa. You gotta give them points for trying. Good luck @Leisylou.
    Sorry everyone, I just haven't kept up. My internet restrictions at work limit me as that's where I do a lot of my BH 'work'. And the iphone is just a pain to type on. I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. AFM, donor has had tests but I have received no communication so far, early days I suppose. I have no idea if we are even still on for the 8th July appt. Starting to stress about flights and accomm..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Leisylou Oh Luv..... Was hoping all 4 of them would be on the go, but 2's better than none Luv. The measurements are good too and they're both growing pretty evenly which is what you (and Waz) wants. Yes, the IUI option's a good fall back and we know from @MGC Bertie that it happens!!!

Have you had the endo scratch/tubal flush?? Just trying to remember??? Being frucked about is just what you don't need when you're in the middle of stimming Thankfully the Girls in Waz's office and the Vampire's next door are all really lovely which helps. They're used to seeing us women in various states of dropping our bundle at any given time

I think clinkers, vino and a movie marathon is in order Luv!! A nice massage wouldn't go astray either IMO You're doing really well with everything, so just keep doing what you're doing and see what Tues brings ok??

Hello to all the other Lovelies too..........
    Thanks BIB! I don't think the ladies there have actually seen me without me crying over something! I'm sure they have notes in my file about me being the emotional one that loses it over the littlest things No I haven't had the endo scratch and flush - I've had no testing or treatment on the physical side at all, as I have had several pregnancies they figure there's nothing wrong with my bits, that it's just either clotting / immune / old eggs. If this month isn't successful, then I think I'm doing the long program in July, so I think that would give me the opportunity to do the endo scratch and flush that month, before starting the full stim part of the program which would fall at the end of July or early August. So I'll keep that in mind as an option to help improve implantation if I get that far.

Waz just mentions my age and suggests donor eggs every single time I go in, so I don't know what to think about that. We haven't even tried a proper cycle yet, so I assume his negativity is due to the fact that at my age the chances are slim and he's just looking at it statistically, because otherwise I don't think he has enough information to warrant being so goddam negative all the time. I know full well the odds are against me, but having had so many pregnancies in the last couple of years naturally, I would have thought that gave me a little more of an edge in the statistics? Especially as I did no immune / clotting protocols with those pregnancies, so we don't absolutely know that my eggs are all bad, there may have been other factors involved... Clutching at straws here!

Anyone got any exciting plans for the long weekend?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to go to the drag car racing tomorrow with DP (ugh) as its apparently something I MUST see and I will be blown away by it More likely just annoyed at how noisy it is. Sunday I have my grandmother coming over for dinner who can tell me yet again how she fell pregnant naturally at 42 and again at 44 - thanks Nan, I get it alright !!! (take note Leisy) then try to relax on Monday as I will be working for the next 3 weekends rolling out some new servers to replace our 15 yr old ones. My boss had a panic attack yesterday realising that I'm going O/S in 4 weeks and will be pretty much uncontactable so wants me to get this done before I leave. Can anyone better that ?!?! (not too hard to do)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas & @leyshoja - LOL - yep, men! DH takes Wazza's recommendations of "lots of rooties" very, very seriously. It's the only thing he does take seriously (rolls eyes). Hahahaha five knuckle shuffle! My sensitive DH is really bad at performing on command, so it will likely be my five knuckle shuffle that does the job

Anyway, drag racing leyshoja??? OMG, you win already! Can't better that one :-)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou From what I've read, the flush can help increase natural conception for the 3-4 months after you have it done, so yep, worth having them both done if needs be. I'm keeping everything and sending that you won't need that regardless of what Cycle you end up doing this month!!

I know Waz isn't exactly a ray of sunshine for the Girls in our age group But the thing with him is that he likes to prepare us for the worst straight away as yes, you're absolutely right, in that statistically, the odds are against us, hence the live birth rate being so dismal for women in the 40+ age group Plus I know he wants to see his more mature Ladies getting their BFP as fast as possible and not be wasting too much time on their OE's when it's more than likely to be an exercise in futility.

However, you are also correct in the fact that you haven't done a full Cycle or even 2 or 3 with him yet, so that's definitely worth exploring particularly because you know you can get a BFP Plus it's your and DH's decision how many you want to do before you go looking at other avenues. I know Waz will support your choices in that regard whether you want to do 1 Cycle or 10 with him

You know he's a straight shooter, so I reckon just tell him to stop with the DE talk for the time being. That you know all the odds, etc and you are hearing him loud and clear, and yes, even you and DH have discussed it, but for now, you don't want to hear anymore until you want to talk about going down that road if needs be. Believe me, he won't be offended. That's nothing compared to some of the things I've said to him during my tenure!!!

I still remember him coming into ET saying to the Nurse about how I'd spoken to him earlier regarding something to do with our embryo's grade, when to transfer, what to do etc and I said to him over the ph words to the effect "And I don't want you blowing smoke up my ar*e either...Just tell me how it is" He was chuckling all the way while he was telling her and looking at me shaking his head. And I'm like "What?? Call a spade a shovel I say"

Anyhoo, my point is he doesn't get offended easily and wouldn't be if you asked him to cease and desist about the DE talk for a bit. Yes Luv, you have to try to find that Golden Egg, it could still be there and you won't know if you don't try You're not clutching at straws, but you've not had a true level playing field before with the immune/clotting issues, so at least you know from now on you do
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-06-2015 at 13:29.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas & @leyshoja - LOL - yep, men! DH takes Wazza's recommendations of "lots of rooties" very, very seriously. It's the only thing he does take seriously (rolls eyes). Hahahaha five knuckle shuffle! My sensitive DH is really bad at performing on command, so it will likely be my five knuckle shuffle that does the job

Anyway, drag racing leyshoja??? OMG, you win already! Can't better that one :-)
    I'd really rather give it a miss, but he did score points when I said 'why not go with your mate' and he replies 'because I want to take you' awwww. Mind you if he'd said 'ok see you later then' I would have been p1ssed !! Men just can't win sometimes

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @leyshoja I feel your pain Luv!!! One of my ars*hole exes from way back in the day was a rev head (not saying your DP is one...revhead that is not A/hole!! LOL) and I got dragged to Willowbank etc on a regular basis. I say make him the deso driver and have a few drinks as you'll need them to help you deal with all the bogans, smoke and burnt rubber smell!!!

In fact, best get a box of vino in to see you through the rest of the weekend especially the ordeal that sounds like your Grandmother No doubt you love her to bits, but nobody likes a show off!!! Yes, Monday must be a "You" day Luv before all the work craziness begins!!!

@Leisylou Bahahahahahhaha!!!! Your poor DH...Mine's a bit the same..had to virtually walk to the end of the property to help ease his "performance anxiety" so he could do his "sample" at home when we first had his side of things checked out to find out WTF was going on back when we were TTC naturally

Fat lot of good Wazza's recommendations were for us as DP's swimmers are stuck in transit!!! I remember him saying to do it the first time and then straight away he was like. "Oh, that's right..Do it anyway"!!!! I much prefer the valium and alcoholic beverage of your choice recommendations that were for me!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-06-2015 at 13:39.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    you guys are hilarious..5 knuckle shuffle / lots of rooties!! @Leisylou that go hard thing sounds major!!! but yeah why not!! Ive often done the lots of protein thing when Im cycling, it certainly cant hurt and the healthier you are eating and making sure you are getting enough sleep, the better you will feel generally as well.

poor you @leyshoja Drag racing!!! def pack the ear plugs!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post: