Closed Thread
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou It's more like being a contestant on "Survivor...ART Island" FFS's!!! That's how it felt to me

I never usually felt anything much besides bloating, headaches and monumental mood swings until the couple of days before EPU, so don't be worried about that for the moment. It's still early days Luv

Good plan to convert to IUI and have a go if the follicles aren't playing the game. Waz will be into that I reckon if it comes to it Yes, the Menopur are a biatch!! I always worried about knocking/spilling the vials when I was mixing it up. The needles are crap too and it always had a funny smell to it. As long as it does the job Luv

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and looking out for your update

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love that Survivor ART Island thing! Classic.. Imagine all the biatch fights with all those hormones floating around!!
    @Leisylou I too am thinking of you and sending you follie growth vibes! Glad to hear you are getting on ok with the injections. Hopefully it will all be worth it.

Im starting to feel excited about leaving work, I think its just starting to hit me that when I go back, I'll only have a month left. YIPPEE !!!! I was reading about people's resignation antics yesterday in SMH, this one was the best and gave me a laugh!

"a frazzled flight attendant who snaps one day, grabs a beer from the aircraft fridge and walks off the job via the emergency inflatable slide.(Yes, he was promptly arrested)."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-06-2015),Skyler  (04-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leisylou it's so good to see you back on the upswing. And I'm so impressed you are plowing through all those nasty needles. You're really conquering that needle phobia, it's amazing how strong you can be! Hoping for juicy follicles tomorrow.

Tuxcat, what an awesome feeling to be quitting that job which has brought you down. You don't need it or that horrid boss in your life! Lol re the flight attendant!
    I can relate to the thoughts you have been having lately about having given up but still trying anyway. Must mean there's still a shred of hope alive in there somewhere.
    I had to pick up my nieces from pre-school and school on Monday because my brother in law had been rushed to hospital and my sister had gone there to be with him. I actually went to preschool with my niece's preschool teacher can you believe, all those years ago. When I left with my niece i said 'see you soon' and she said, 'what are you...' and she made the hand signal for prego, you know the hand over the belly in an arc? Well that really got me. I said immediately, 'well that's unlikely now' and smiled and she said 'me too'. What torture for her being around all those 3 years olds every day, she's still single and 42. But what was saddest was my immediate response that reflects my honest opinion that it's unlikely now.....Convoluted story I know.

Bongley, hooray, great news! And so good you get AM again. He's your lucky charm and i hope mine too.

Emski, hoping the glass of pinot is just the glue you need for a sticky one. Safe flight home.

Hi Chiefs, you must be off soon?

Precious40 hi and good luck with this last OE cycle.

Fudge your post just the other day was amazing. Thank you for your kind words which gave every one of us a boost. I'm always blaming myself for leaving it too late, having terrible relationships in the past, this and that, bad choices, which have led me to this point. You words helped me stop the self blame.

Hi Winsor, Lucky, MGC Bertie and everyone else.

Tuxcat I am using the ipad with just the website but still can't make posts as the cursor just freezes. That's why my posts are becoming less frequent. I still sit on the lounge and read along with you all but I have to go to the desktop in order to post unless it's one line. Don't know what happened as I always just used the website, not the app, anyway. I'll keep reading along with everyone.

You are such a great bunch and I wish you all the very best of luck whatever stage you are at.

You too Blonde. You keep your feet up as long as possible ok!

AFM, af about to hit. My lap is on July 11th with Bongley's boyfriend.
    Last edited by Skyler; 04-06-2015 at 21:58.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),Bongley  (05-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (04-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015),winsor  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

It's heartening to hear all your positive news, and comforting to know that other brave people are going through and have been through the wringer and are still determined to be parents. Good luck to you all

Thank you for that reminder @leisleylou about Julia Indichova's philosophy - although there's a large degree of fatalism in that way of thinking, and the cynic in me is not sure I actually believe that anything is 'meant to be' but rather that it's all just random. However, I can see how it helps to anchor you and create a positive mental attitude that we're doing all this for a reason and if we're determined it will pay off and we will get there in the end. And it does feel like an uphill thorny scramble - what a lovely metaphor - thank you, that made me laugh!

I'm looking into egg donation and adoption (in the UK) at the moment. @tuxcat I'm also not comfortable with anonymous donor. I don't think I could reconcile telling my child in ten years time that I don't know who their birth mother is or how to find her. I'd just like to be able to locate the donor so the child would know where/who they came from.

I don't know where to look next. Is egg donation in Australia a long shot? I know there's a shortage now the law requires named donors so kids can find out their genetic parents. None of my friends are possibilities as they're all the same age or older than me. Is it worth putting an ad in the local paper? That sounds so desperate but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Does anyone know if every Australian has to get the ad approved by the Victorian Minster of Health, or is that only if you live in Victoria? @tuxcat I would love to hear about what you found in Thailand. I have heard it's easier in Spain, Czech Republic, South Africa and Argentina but I'm assuming that they are all anonymous donors?

If anyone can enlighten me on any of this I'd be very grateful. Wishing you courageous women a wonderful week. Keep smiling

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grace Willing For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Grace Willing Hi

As far as I know you only have to get the ad approved if you live in Victoria. Check out eggdonationaustralia.com (EDA) there is heaps of info on finding a donor there and you can post an ad. Also you can post an ad on eggdonorangels.com Both of those sites have very active facebook pages too, I'm on both. there is also aussieeggdonors.com but I never managed to register.

With finding a known donor you can specify in your ad what type of contact you are looking for with the donor. Or at the very early stages of contact at least. I was looking for someone who didn't want to really be in the childs life but was happy with the occasional update. However if we become friends then that's fine too I found my donor on EDA after about 3 months of being active on the site and going to a meetup. There were a few bumps in the road as it is a bit of an emotional process. If you want any more info just PM me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler thats sad about the pre-school teacher friend, I too have a friend who is single and 42 and would love kids but hasn't found the right man. I guess there is a shred of hope as the percentages arent zero and thats why we are all still trying. Up until this year I was adamant and sure it would work eventually, but so many Dr's have been looking at me with sad faces now that its hit me that they all don't think it will. I will work out how Im feeling at the end of the year if nothing works up to then.

The iPad stuff is weird - mine is old, its an iPad 2 so its slower on everything and things crash more now but its still working to post stuff. Do you need to do any updates on it? You can also download Chrome and try it on that if you cant get it to work?
    @Leisylou just wondering how your scan went this morning? Hoping to hear you've got lots of follies all progressing well. x

All the DE girls about to embark on their cycles must be getting excited!! Hopefully we will see a truckload of BFPs in here around August!! I will actually be starting a cycle in July too come to think of it. Lets hope its a lucky month! @Skyler will you be doing a cycle straight after your surgery? Whats the plan there?
    @Gracewilling I think it was Leisylou who was researching Thailand for DE. I haven't got very far with that stuff yet, I think for me I will start with looking here, as I would be leaning towards finding a known donor. I think maybe similar to Bongley's criteria in that no real contact with the child just the occasional update. But its early days for me with all that yet. I think @Bongley has given some great tips though.

Hi also to Blonde, Winsor, Leyshoja, Emski72, Fudge09, MGC Bertie, Lucky and everyone else

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),Bongley  (05-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (05-06-2015),Skyler  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015),winsor  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies,

Well today was a bit of a bust - only two follies of the four have grown, one is 7mm and the other 10mm which is apparently OK for Day 8, and lining is 5mm but I don't think I'll be doing an IVF cycle for just two (has anyone done that?) so maybe we'll move to IUI this month and then do the long oestrogen priming cycle next month and see if I get a better result that way.

Had a really crap morning too - it's an hour and a quarter drive to the clinic, then I had to wait a while, then after the scan I had to have bloods and pick up meds, so I sat where I usually do to wait. There were lots of people there and one after the other went in and I waited for nearly an hour, and then the nurse comes and tells me that I should have gone and gotten bloods next door. So of course, being me, I burst into tears at that. I'd been waiting nearly an hour and I was in the wrong place. So then I went next door and they were lovely, then back to where I was to pick up the meds and waited another twenty minutes. So all in all for a ten minute appointment, blood test and meds pick up took nearly five hours So feeling a bit fragile after not great news and a bit of a muck around at the clinic.

Anyway, nothing I can do except keep going and head in for another scan on Tuesday and see what's happening.

Thanks for your encouragement @Skyler I dread the injections so much and have to psyche myself up for it every time - but at least I'm doing it and won't have regrets in the future because I know I will have done everything that I could.

@Grace Willing - that quote is a positive one, and the nice thing is she doesn't speak about just our own biological child as the one walking towards us - it could be a DE child, an adopted child, a foster child etc - so I think she allows for a greater scope of what it means to have a connection with a child in your life, which is really nice for those of us who are facing the potential of not having our own biological children. I haven't done a lot of looking into Thailand for egg donation as yet - there is a thread on here with information about it, and I will be looking into it later this year if this cycle and the next one are not showing any positive results.

Have a good Friday everyone! all round

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),winsor  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    big hugs @Leisylou
    Ive done a cycle with 1 egg before and it was super stressful getting to all the milestones i.e.. fertilisation/day 3 etc. It is early days for you yet though and things may pick up so try and stay as calm as possible (i know its hard). At least there is the option to go IUI, so you would still be in for a chance. Sorry you had such a sh!t morning, its doesn't help all this does it. Treat yourself to something nice today xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry @Leisylou Just feels like repeatedly getting kicked in the teeth doesn't it? I know what it's like having days like that as tuxcat says I hope you can treat yourself to something nice over the long weekend.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015),tuxcat  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou Oh Luv..... Was hoping all 4 of them would be on the go, but 2's better than none Luv. The measurements are good too and they're both growing pretty evenly which is what you (and Waz) wants. Yes, the IUI option's a good fall back and we know from @MGC Bertie that it happens!!!

Have you had the endo scratch/tubal flush?? Just trying to remember??? Being frucked about is just what you don't need when you're in the middle of stimming Thankfully the Girls in Waz's office and the Vampire's next door are all really lovely which helps. They're used to seeing us women in various states of dropping our bundle at any given time

I think clinkers, vino and a movie marathon is in order Luv!! A nice massage wouldn't go astray either IMO You're doing really well with everything, so just keep doing what you're doing and see what Tues brings ok??

Hello to all the other Lovelies too..........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-06-2015 at 12:05.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-06-2015),Summer  (05-06-2015),tuxcat  (05-06-2015)