@Leisylou We should have a "BH Legends of ART" conference where we can all get together I reckon!!!
Would love to meet everyone here too
I haven't posted for a while only reading. But I had to jump in and send a virtual hug to Fudge... your words from your doc were beautiful xx thank you. Everyone needs to read this. Just magical
im jumping back in with both feet. Eeekkk
this is my last cycle with my own eggs. Next is donor eggs and I have already found her which is wonderful. Technology is awesome sometimes
im cheering you all on ladies
and thank you all
best of luck @Precious40 ! Hope its the lucky one!
its weird isn't it, we all share such intimate personal details with one another yet have never met in person! You guys are all wonderful and as said earlier, if someone is down, there is always someone to pick them up in here.
Had the FS appointment yesterday and she was basically supportive of me going to back to RPA. She gave me all my cycle paperwork and NK cells results and said that I could basically suggest we do all the things I was going to do with her-nkcells meds/antibiotics etc. She also said we should start thinking about the donor option and get some counselling. So last night I started doing some reading about the donor thing. I think my biggest issue with it is from the point of view of the child and whether they would feel ok about it. DH and I haven't talked about it properly really, I started a conversation about it a while back but we didn't go into it much. Probably something to get into in the next few months whilst cycling. Im considering trying with my own eggs til the end of this year and then if we do decide to go that route start it next year. Its a vague plan. Dont know how that plan would go if we decide to remain childless. Once Im out of my job I might have some time to really think about this stuff.
@tuxcat I'm so glad to hear your new FS was so supportive of you going back to RPA. Good one's aren't in it for the money alone. They genuinely do want to see you get a BFP take home baby which is why they don't mind giving you a protocol to take back to your previous FS to use.
Yes, I think it's a good idea to suggest..(I mean be a little bit assertive to be honest if you have to), the immune protocol you would've done if you'd gone with this FS. Do you think your FS at RPA will be open to it?? If not, you could virtually do it yourself with the help of your GP to get scripts and such (if you've got a good one that's happy to give you what you need) and go ahead anyway???
I agree it's probably a good idea to wait until you've stopped work to start really considering the DE situation. It could become too overwhelming trying to Cycle and be thinking about that too all at the same time. You've made a tentative plan on what you want to do, so putting the DE talk/research off for a short time until you've got the mental space to really devote to it is a good compromise IMO.
So when's your appoint with RPA Luv?? And how is the work situation going?? My sister's just gone on stress leave from hers.
Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-06-2015 at 11:55.
@BlondeinBrisvegas I never thought of that with the NK cells protocol. Ive got scripts and drugs left over anyway as I didn't get all that far with it all. Our FS from the start and who Im seeing at RPA was never a believer in it, she has a conservative approach. Im happy to do what she suggests for a couple of cycles but I will also book in another appointment for a few months time and perhaps book in with another Dr - maybe Bongley's fave man..Ive never seen him but he's done my EC once.
Its next thursday in the afternoon which means I have to either work from home that day or leave early and the thing is that I know I'm going to be flat out as Ive got a deadline the following tuesday. So if the boss says no, I will have to take a sick day and then come in friday to hand in my good news!!! I quit Biiatch! Or if she says no I might just resign after she says it and take the sickie the next day as well. Hopefully it won't come to any of that and she is ok about it. Im going in prepared for any response basically. But Im still on hols so trying not to think too much about it. Just feeling totally confident that Im doing the right thing leaving there. You know when you just feel like a whole bunch of things have happened that completely back up your plan. I cant say that has been happening much in the past couple of years but the time leading up to me landing in hospital until now - the universe is telling me to do it.
Your poor sister! I cant wait to get the fruck outta there!!!
@tuxcat Bahahahahahha!!!! "I quit biatch"!! That's the spirit Luv!!!
If your RPA FS doesn't want to give the immune protocol a go you could always just do a conservative one yourself with baby aspirin, prednisone (on the lowest dosage) and clexane injections if you wanted to?? Don't know what scripts you've got, but am happy to let you know what I was on. Some of the other Lovelies can share their drugs/dosages regarding that as well I'm sure
Yep, the Universe has a funny way of making things happen that give you signs of what direction you should be going in etc. I know with myself, if I didn't heed the early warnings, so to speak, then bigger things would happen down the track which made it virtually impossible to ignore!!!
My sister can't wait to get the fruck outta her shizhole too!! Her Psychologist has told her she can never go back to that toxic environment for the sake of her mental health!!!
@tuxcat yeah just mull the DE option around in your head. That's how it starts with most people I imagine. Although I seem to recall thinking about it quite early on, after my third cycle failed. I think it was comforting to have a plan B. Also, the guys tend to take longer to come around....I was surprised mine did. I think they have to admit to themselves how much they want it.
Speaking of plan B's I was going to wait until after my consult next week to officially declare but now Genea have pushed it back another week. Argh. So, seeing as I'm busting to say something (hopefully I am not jinxing things here) I have found a donor. We are due to go for an initial consult with my usual RPA doc but through Genea in 2 weeks. It's more expensive but at least appointments will be easier to organise and I know AM will be doing the EPU and I trust him. Also Genea will waive the quarantine period of 3 months that RPA will not and we all know, time is of the essence.
My donor is relatively local and absolutely lovely, we've met up and really get on well I think. We have lots of interests in common. She has donated before so that is comforting too. I really hope I will be able to cycle with the usual suspects in July
good luck everyone
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!