Closed Thread
Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I hope all is going well @emski72 and that you are PUPO soon :-)

Glad to hear you are out of hospital BIB and I hope you are taking it easy, no matter how hard it is!

@leyshoja that is a pain in the bum - how come they just can't seem to get it right and make things run smoothly for you? Very frustrating.

@tuxcat sounds like a plan, look forward to hearing what you decide to do after your appointments.

AFM I had a massive melt-down over a few days, ended up howling my eyes out for hours, and then lost it again when DH came home from work and cried for hours more. Totally grieving all over again for our lost babies and just cried and cried that my body failed me and couldn't keep our babies alive. I'm still finding it hard to come to terms with all the losses, especially seeing as there are protocols I could have tried to prevent the miscarriages but my doctor didn't know about them, or didn't bother with them. My heart is so broken.

Anyway, I went for my two day scan and had four follicles, two in each ovary. Wazza said that we can go ahead with the cycle and then stop if they don't grow properly or only one develops, not four. So I did start on 600i.u. of alternating Puregon and Menpaur - 300i.u. morning and night. I'm using Emla and ice and so far was doing OK - I just kept thinking that in three weeks, I could be pregnant and that is the hope that is driving me forward. However today I found out the my FSH and LH are high (FSH is 23 I think) so it doesn't look promising. I will keep going until my eight day scan and see what has happened. A year ago my FSH was 5 and nicely within range, so this has deteriorated badly from a year ago.

Has anyone else had positive results from a cycle with only four follicles and FSH over 20? I keep hoping that my follicles will respond, but I have no previous cycles to compare to? Is it all over before I've even begun?
    Last edited by Summer; 01-06-2015 at 12:36.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-06-2015),MGC Bertie  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Leisylou that's right I remember now how sick you were. I thought Wazza would put you on an easier protocol but he's kept it the same hasn't he? Oh no wonder you don't want to go through it again. With the last IVF I did I felt so slammed emotionally that I couldn't face another round (with my own eggs) also I had lost faith that it would work. Sounds similar to how you are feeling now.

Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    Leisy you poor thing, I too am questioning the massive protocol you have to be on, can't they try a standard cycle with minimal drugs? Have your mc's ever been tested? If they are chromosomal due to age like mine was no drug will help that. Why not talk to the FS and tell him your issues and see if you can just try a standard cycle. I totally hear you on the fear of feeling so crap again, I think you need to voice your concerns, it's your body and your money.
    Thanks so much guys - yes it is the same protocol, so I'm just trying to take it day by day and see how I go. I think it was the Pregnyl that made me really sick, so I'll see how it goes through the first half of the cycle. I am on all the other drugs though, so I'm already feeling awful, but not really, really sick. They also delayed the Clexane until after EPU (if I get that far) so that is a good thing for me. I guess I'll find out on Day 8 if we're going any further. My m/c have never been tested - one was supposed to be, but somehow there was a mix-up and it never got done. They just say it's old eggs, although I have a double MTHFR gene which I think can cause clotting issues.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-06-2015),tuxcat  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat Don't worry Luv, the weathers on the turn here as well. Is overcast and the westerlies are slowly but surely going to get stronger and colder. Cold snap (or what passes for it up here!!) is starting tonight. Down to single digits for pretty much the rest of the week too

Really hope you enjoyed your holiday Good idea keeping both appointments. You can find out tomorrow what the new FS would do differently (if anything compared to what you have been doing) and then suggest it to your FS at RPA??

Good luck with it all tomorrow and I'll be keeping my eye out for your update

@Leisylou Oh Luv.... I'm so sorry you were/are feeling so brokenhearted still It frucken sux!!!

4 follicles to begin with is a good start they'll all grow for you too. You'll definitely know better what the go is on your Day 8 scan. The high FSH could be an indication that your ovaries are getting a bit tired plus I know from my own personal experience that it can fluctuate from Cycle to Cycle as it happened to me.

In the lead up to my final Cycle, I was retesting everything with my GP and my FSH came back high and Wazza said at our appointment that it was a sign my ovaries were getting tired. When I began my final Cycle with him, the levels had returned to normal again.

In no way do I believe that it's all over and neither does WDA or else he would've told you straight out Luv. The high FSH probably reflects more on the number of follicles/eggs that are going to be available to you this Cycle more than anything else at this stage.

Am that you'll have 4 beautiful, uniform follicles on your next scan with him

@leyshoja Oh FFS's Luv!!! Really??? Have you managed to get a referral??

Hello to all the other Lovelies too....

AFM: Am feeling better Girls Been well looked after thanks @tuxcat The tiredness I've been getting is slowly abating so I know it won't be long before I'm 100% again

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (01-06-2015),Summer  (01-06-2015),tuxcat  (01-06-2015),winsor  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad you've started the cycle Leisy. it's ok to cry about your losses. what range should the FSH be? mine was 16. I remember the doctor saying it was a little high for early part of the cycle (I think it was day 4 or 6 depending on which was real day1). I didn't think to ask what it should have been (usually I don't think of the questions till I get home, am too busy writing it down)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-06-2015),Summer  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @winsor and any of the other Lovelies who may be interested. Check this link out for baseline bloods as well as a plethora of other stuff

https://books.google.com.au/books?id... be%3F&f=false
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 01-06-2015 at 16:56.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (01-06-2015),tuxcat  (01-06-2015),winsor  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

Leisylou, I'm sorry that this is s stressful cycle. I know that Wazza is one of the best in the business and I hope that he can get you pregnant. I hope that your FSH doesn't prevent you from doing this cycle.

I'm praying that this is the cycle that gets you pregnant. You deserve this.
    It's ok to grieve your lost babies, it's terrible to go through that many miscarriages and it will always be a terrible loss and pain that is part of your life, but the pain will get easier.

AFM - I'm gearing up for my lucky last cycle in two weeks. I don't really want to do it if it's just going to be a bust, and I feel so unhopeful going in. Especially being 42 and given my doctors last comments, that it is likely to be disappointing. My husband keeps reminding me that that is the same as a 20% success rate, which is what he told me in January, I just am scared that his opinion changed since we saw him in April again. The trouble is even if I make an appointment to see him again to question him again I wouldn't be able to get one until after my period started. So basically it's now or never.

Somebody please tell me that I'm not wasting my time doing this next cycle and I should just give it a go anyway. But is there anyone out there who can give me hope that it will work?

Prayers, hugs and kisses to all you ladies traveling this hard road with me. Baby dust to us all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-06-2015),winsor  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Luckyme1 You are not wasting your time doing this Cycle Luv!!! You know this is something that you have to do so that you can finally get off this shiz of a ride and get on with life one way or another. If you don't you'll always wonder "What if/If only" which is just a mindf*ck you don't want or need

A 20% chance is better than a 0% chance Luv. for a "BFP Finale" Luv!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Leisylou, I'm sorry that this is s stressful cycle. I know that Wazza is one of the best in the business and I hope that he can get you pregnant. I hope that your FSH doesn't prevent you from doing this cycle.

I'm praying that this is the cycle that gets you pregnant. You deserve this.
    It's ok to grieve your lost babies, it's terrible to go through that many miscarriages and it will always be a terrible loss and pain that is part of your life, but the pain will get easier.

AFM - I'm gearing up for my lucky last cycle in two weeks. I don't really want to do it if it's just going to be a bust, and I feel so unhopeful going in. Especially being 42 and given my doctors last comments, that it is likely to be disappointing. My husband keeps reminding me that that is the same as a 20% success rate, which is what he told me in January, I just am scared that his opinion changed since we saw him in April again. The trouble is even if I make an appointment to see him again to question him again I wouldn't be able to get one until after my period started. So basically it's now or never.

Somebody please tell me that I'm not wasting my time doing this next cycle and I should just give it a go anyway. But is there anyone out there who can give me hope that it will work?

Prayers, hugs and kisses to all you ladies traveling this hard road with me. Baby dust to us all.
    Oh honey, thank you for your love and support I am with BIB, you are definitely not wasting your time with this next cycle. You have to give it a go, there's only one way forward and this is it for you. You've made your decision, so just roll with it and give it everything you've got. Where there is life there is hope, so it's not over yet and it is completely within the realms of possibility that this could work for you. I am praying this is the one for you too

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, your right. Just do it and then I will have no regrets.

Leisylou, you are a star and surrounded by people who will live and support you through this.

Thanks BIB, hope you're very painful elbow is getting better.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-06-2015),winsor  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Leisylou Oh Luv.... I'm so sorry you were/are feeling so brokenhearted still It frucken sux!!!

4 follicles to begin with is a good start they'll all grow for you too. You'll definitely know better what the go is on your Day 8 scan. The high FSH could be an indication that your ovaries are getting a bit tired plus I know from my own personal experience that it can fluctuate from Cycle to Cycle as it happened to me.

In the lead up to my final Cycle, I was retesting everything with my GP and my FSH came back high and Wazza said at our appointment that it was a sign my ovaries were getting tired. When I began my final Cycle with him, the levels had returned to normal again.

In no way do I believe that it's all over and neither does WDA or else he would've told you straight out Luv. The high FSH probably reflects more on the number of follicles/eggs that are going to be available to you this Cycle more than anything else at this stage.

Am that you'll have 4 beautiful, uniform follicles on your next scan with him
    Sweetheart, thank you so much for being there for all of us (especially me at the moment with my massive melt-down), you have no idea how much it means to be able to come on here and cry and vent and chat and be supported.

Thanks for your positivity - I am hoping that the high FSH just means that things are ramping up to produce some good quality eggs! Fingers crossed. Interesting that your FSH went up and down, I was wondering if mine was up because of all the drugs I've done this year - three rounds of letrozole, one full ovulation induction cycle, all the DHEA, melatonin etc - maybe my ovaries are a bit stressed and tired and this is how it shows up? Anyway, I will know on Friday how it's all going. Glad you're feeling a bit better too

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-06-2015)