Closed Thread
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry Leisylou

If you're not ready for IVF then don't do it, you may change your mind later and it may be too late and then again it may not be.

It's a really difficult process emotionally and I think you should be ready for it. Given your fertility I think you may have a chance with IVF (better than me), but be guided but what you want to do, not what you don't want. Maybe you can see a counsellor to help you decide?

But we're also here to help you through it. Also not child bearing need not be childless, as there are lots of ways to have kids in your life.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015),Summer  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry @Leisylou I don't want to convince you to do it at all if that's not what you want to do but if you are considering it, you could try it once and then close the door? Is it the emotional strain you don't want to put yourself through?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Leisey, take some time, have a break and see a counsellor. No need to rush in nor to 'close the door' just step aside and see how you feel in a couple of months. You've been through a lot. Everyone needs a breather sometimes. Thinking of you. @Skyler - try uninstalling and reinstalling the app...that sometimes works.
    Bongley - hope you're doing well
    Leyshoja, good luck for your scan

I'm off for my FET in SA tonight, once I'm over the flight and there I'll be a bit more excited but for now I'm waiting all day for the flight and getting everything organised around the house.

*wave* to anyone I've missed
    Em x

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015),Chiefsgirl  (27-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-05-2015),Skyler  (27-05-2015),Summer  (28-05-2015),winsor  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 how exciting! Good luck good luck good luck I'll be crossing everything for you and i hope you don't miss your DH and E too much
    @Leisylou I'm sorry you're feeling like that and agree with the others; there is no rush to make a decision right away and it might help talking to a counsellor?
    @Fudge09 hope you're recovering okay and FX your two embies make it
    @Skyler glad you've a plan in place and hope 11 July comes around quickly

Hi @Bongley and BlondeinBrisvegas how are you guys going? Hope everyone else is well

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015),emski72  (27-05-2015),Fudge09  (27-05-2015),Skyler  (27-05-2015),Summer  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 good luck in SA! Travel safely and i hope you come home with another bub on the way.
    @Leisylou ivf is a big decision for sure and from my perspective i have had to be totally committed to it as going in half baked without doing everything exactly as required seemed like a waste of time for me. I agree with the others that you should recieve some counseling before making any decisions though. My only advice would be to ask yourself if in 5 or 10 years time you will have regretted not trying all options. Everyone will have a different answer to that but for DH and i our motto is no regrets. We want to look back and say we turned over every single stone on the way and we did the best we can. It is such a personal choice and perhaps you should get more advice. Just out of curiously why are you hesitant do you think? Is it fear of the unknown? Is it the financial side? Is it fear of going through it all and not knowing the outcome? All of those would be genuine reasons so perhaps it might help you to decide if you write a list and break it down a bit for yourself to make a clearer decision.

AFM had my D&C last night and feeling totally exhausted today. This m/c has physically knocked me around quite a bit.

I did however get a bit of perspective last night. While in recovery the lady beside me had severe pain so i obviously overheard them running though the usual while giving her pain relief. What is your DOB, how old are you etc etc. (She is 39). It was the next part of the conversion that kicked me out of my pity party. I overheard this conversation "just reading here but it looks like Dr has not had to take both of your ovaries. I will double check" other nurse "no i think they are both gone" first nurse "i will go and find out more for you". I never heard the outcome as i was moved. But i am feeling alot more greatful today than i was yesterday afternoon. Sometimes we need to realise that our worst day still is not as bad as someone else's.

Please forgive me if this seems like a ramble. Still feeling quite spaced out on meds atm!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015),Chiefsgirl  (27-05-2015),emski72  (27-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-05-2015),Skyler  (27-05-2015),Summer  (28-05-2015),winsor  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler it sounds like you have a good plan, I hope the surgery makes all the difference, you just never know.
    @emski72 best of luck in SA! Hope you come home with an extra person!
    @Leisylou I'm with Fudge09, take some time to be sure that you are totally happy with whatever decision it is you make, time is precious and you don't want to have regrets down the track. For me the worst part of IVF is the day's post egg collection where you're waiting on the embryo development and fertilization results. The counseling idea is also a good one.
    @Fudge09 wow that's big, I'm glad to hear you are ok, look after yourself and stay rested. That poor woman, I know, there is always someone worse off than yourself hey. It can be very humbling to hear that stuff. Have you had any updates on your embies? Hoping they both get there in good shape!

hi to everyone!

we are heading down to Byron bay tomorrow for a couple of nights which I'm looking forward to. Then heading home on Saturday. Have been stressing a little about the next cycle and what to do. We will see the new FS next week and also have an RPA clinic appointment the week after that, however I don't know whether to change it or cancel it as I'm worried about work saying no but also whether we need the appointment since we haven't done any cycles there since the last one, so we still had a plan from the last appointment. And if we do decide to go back there instead, would I actually need to tell them about the cycle we just did at IVFA? The RPA appointments are hard to get as there is often a 2-3 month waiting time, so I'm wondering if we do one more cycle at IVFA and I change the RPA appointment to the next available which would be maybe August and then if we need it we have it lined up. Or just decide all this after our appointment next week.

sorry for the ramble!! Hope everyone is well x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skyler, we had a CGH normal one transferred. Wishing you the best for a quick recovery from the surgery and hopefully you'll be able to wave goodbye to all that endo. I'm feeling completely normal post transfer, no symptoms at all. I should be feeling a bit more optimistic, but I'm planning out what to do next. We have one more CGH normal embie, one unknown and two more untested ones. I think if the next tested one doesn't work, we'll start exploring donor options o/s.

Fudge, glad to hear you're recovering from your D&C, best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

BiB, thanks for the good wishes. Hope you DP and Lilly are doing well and settled into the new house.

Em, hope the flight went well and you're relaxing in CT now, ready for transfer

Winsor, glad to hear your FS consult went well, hope you can start sooner than later.

Leyshoja, lovely to hear about something going up for a change instead of down! I hear you on the eggs being all shrivelled up.

Bongley, I hope things are going well in locating a donor.

Leisylou, I hope this cycle turns out well. Best wishes in making the right decision for you.

Tuxcat, well done on getting an RPA appointment, I've heard the waiting list is very long. Hope both appointments go well, maybe after you've gone to both you'll be in a better place to make a decision?

Bertie, congratulations on 25 weeks! Time is just flying....

Hi to anyone else I've missed, hope Wednesday is treating you well.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-05-2015),Summer  (28-05-2015),winsor  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Winsor, so have they strongly suggested you have a lap? Endo is a b@ast@rd of a thing. And I can tell you, if you had it you would likely be showing some kind of symptoms e.g. spotting before af, severe debiliating af pain, the type that keeps you home from school/uni/work your whole life. Then there's the infertility. However they have found that the amount of endo in there does not correlate with severity of symptoms. The recovery from a standard lap should be better than what you went through with the appendicitis, depending on what they do when they get in there and what they find. Interesting re long down reg. MB said antagonist has the propensity to go wrong more easily than long down reg. I've done 2 long and 3 antag. Good luck with this next cycle.
    thanks. no it was just mentioned as an option as it's something that hasn't been checked before. had I known it was same procedure as appendix I might have asked them to do a quick check at the time appendix was coming out. ha. I get a couple of spots just as AF starts (basically it lets me know 'here it comes') but none at other times of the cycle. and there's really only 2 (or 1.5) heavy days that ache. I don't think it's as bad as some ladies suffer though. yeah I'm looking forward to trying something different to see if things behave differently in any case. will have to read up more about long reg. am guessing it makes the cycle longer? (& different meds)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015),Skyler  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to hear Leisylou. I hope you can think it through and make your decision. can you think about it a bit longer than a few days?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    I had a fair bit of endo, not severe but moderate and I didn't really have that many symptoms. Just some sharp stabbing pains when having a bowel movement during my period. My periods have never been really painful, usual cramping etc but nothing crazy. The main reason they went in and had a look was because it was standard procedure after 3 failed cycles to investigate further. My recovery after the lap, D&C, tube flushing was fine, off work the next couple of days perhaps. Everyone is different though. AM told me that it wasn't necessarily where they find it, even just having endo affects egg quality.

I booked through the public system at RPA and I think I had to wait about 3 or 4 weeks.
    thanks, I'll think about it some more and let them know at the next visit. I ahd 3 cycles at genea. 3-4weeks is ok. I thought she said 4 months. maybe I misheard! oops

20. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-05-2015)