Closed Thread
Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi all
    quick one from me, AF arrived yesterday, not unexpected and Im fine. I think Im mostly resigned to none of this working anymore, Im just going through the motions to make sure I don't have any regrets. Not sure what the next step is.

I am planning to resign at work, I got back to work after my hospital stay and was given a grilling by my boss first thing about me having annual leave and not telling anyone ...umm you actually approved it not long ago. So it was the straw that broke the camels back. And I decided that I just can't do it anymore. I had been thinking a lot about it in hospital as my boss had barely replied to any of my messages and seemed so uninterested. So Im going to hand it to her the day I return from holidays and ruin her life even more!!!! Fruck them, its been a toxic environment for a while and I just don't need another frucked up thing in my life.

So Im contemplating whether to go back to RPA so we don't completely run our savings into nothing. After all the dramas with the IUI and infection and non response, Im wondering whether I just have a few more goes at RPA and hope for the best, they are essentially Genea after all so its not really any lesser of a clinic. If anyone has any advice on this please go for it!! The other option is to do one more cycle at IVFA and then go from there. The money does worry me if Im not working.

anyway I hope everyone is well.

Fudge I hope you are coping ok, sending you lots of love xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat F.U AF!!!! Am sorry Luv.. I was so hoping you'd get over the line this time

Sounds like resigning is a good idea. What a frucking biatch she is by the sounds of her!!! The resignation letter will be a nice little welcome back present for the cow when you get home from holidays!!! "I bought you a souvenir while I was away".......... F.U. all and see you later!!!

What to do???? Do you want to try IUI again or head back into another stim? Will RPA do IUI if you do?? If you want to stim again, what will IVFA do differently protocol-wise than RPA?? If the answer isn't much or they'll do the same using the same drugs etc, then I say go back to RPA as you'll be able to do more Cycles than at IVFA.

If you want to IUI again and RPA don't do it, then I guess stay at IVFA and have another try then reassess. I'm trying to remember if you've ever stimmed with IVFA?? If you haven't and they're going to do something different, then it might be worth a go with them. Will you have a follow up before you go on holidays??

I'm assuming you won't have to decide until you get back from your holiday, so maybe just hit the pause button in your brain as best as you can until you get home and just go and have a frucking good time Luv and worry about this sh*t closer to when you're due to return IYKWIM???

@Fudge09 Thinking of you and hope you're hanging in there Sending more love and healing your wayxoxox

Hello to all the other Lovelies...... It's high time you all check back in when you can with an update please!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

tuxcat  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tuxcat.... gosh I can't believe that you were given a hard time about your annual leave - like as if she couldn't care less that you'd been ages in hospital. Shaking head here at yet another example of these type of people that we all seem to be surrounded by.

AFM... I'm now 25 weeks and still can't believe that this seems to be happening for us. Three years of all those stims, clinic visits, so much money, many, mnay crying and howling episodes, and eventually thinking is was never going to work, but kept trying, and then here we are. Keep trying everyone xx

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015),Bongley  (18-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-05-2015),mrsmac123  (06-06-2015),Skyler  (17-05-2015),Summer  (18-05-2015),tuxcat  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tuxcat, I can totally sympathise with you in regards to the work situation. You've worked hard and gotten no appreciation for it. I find myself in this scenario quite often and am constantly on the verge of quitting. The only thing that used to stop me, was thinking I would go on mat leave eventually. But have totally give up on that idea too. Now my career moves will not be based on possible mat leave or babies.

In terms of whether to go on or not and which clinic - I would say don't quit yet as you're still only 41. But I've been given the hard stats by my FS (world leading) and they're not good in terms of how many cycles to do before quitting. The graph of cycle attempts vs success is asymptotic and 4 attempts is the beginning of the flat line. On the other side of the fence, there are always exceptions to the rule and these threads are full of them, ladies who are successful after 5 or more rounds. And we all like to think we could be one of them. At some stage our lives need to stop being put on hold for ivf though. And only you can decide how long you can tolerate it. As far as clinics go, I'd be more inclined to go with RPA seeing as you will be seeing Genea Dr's there.

AFM, sonovaginogram tomorrow.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-05-2015),tuxcat  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas love that souvenir idea for my boss!!! Ive been tossing over my spiel that Im going to say when I resign! As for the IUI thing, nah, I think given the ambiguity of my tube situation I will just do IVF. Its worked in the past (chromosomal mc), so this is why I have always kept some faith in it working again.
    @MGC Bertie congrats for hitting 25 weeks!! You're an inspiration for us all, Im thrilled for you that its all going well, enjoy every moment!
    @Skyler I know what you mean about thinking your days are numbered in the job with maternity leave. When I first started this one, a few really crap things happened to me, namely the ectopic, so it seems that for the whole time Ive been there, Ive had a lot of bad luck. I too have not gone for jobs that I perhaps should have thinking what if i got pregnant. I cant go down the road anymore. Good luck tomorrow for your scan.

Ive wanted to quit for years really, now Ive finally reached the point where I cant go back any more. I have to make a change and after the complete shock of ending up in hospital for 8 days, its kind of turned things on its head a bit and I don't feel the same in many ways as I did before it happened. I also want to spend some time looking after myself properly. Exercising every day, eating really well and feeling a lot less stressed with not having to deal with crap at work. Hoping it might make a difference to my eggs and ability to fall pregnant.

Im not going to quit IVF yet, I guess with RPA the cycles are OOP around $300ish now that we have reached the safety net so that is affordable as opposed to $4000. I will speak to the new FS and tell her about quitting my job and that we are considering going back to RPA purely for financial reasons. Now that I have the NK cells testing results I could also show them and see what they think. The other thing is that Im not realistically going to be able to start a new cycle until Ive left work, there was also a mix up with all my leave hours due to me being 4 days a week and its been calculated incorrectly since last year, so I won't have the sick leave to take and I cant see my boss being understanding whilst Im in my final 4 weeks of work. This was also thrown at me by my boss on my first day back in. So it will probably be mid July before I can do my next cycle. That will mean though that I could possibly get an appointment in the clinic to discuss the NK thing and see what they say in regards to the next cycle.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-05-2015),Skyler  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tuxcat it sounds like the right move to be getting out of your work situation - I'm sure that type of drama and stress isn't good for you - definitely time to move on. I'm sure you'll feel huge relief at that and be able to really focus on yourself and getting pregnant. Your plan sounds good and July isn't that far away. Where are you going for holidays?

I've just done kind of a similar thing? I'm self-employed though, so at the other end of it - and my staff were toxic and causing me a lot of stress, so I've just sacked the lot of them and am now just working on my own and the relief is incredible. I realise now how much they've been affecting me and how much I've lost my confidence because of the lack of respect I've had from them (long story, but one previous staff member who was an absolute biatch got in the ear of my other girls and unfortunately was really influential). So that is really liberating, and I've got one big project I'm working on that will be finished in a few months, and my husband is looking at selling his business - so by the end of the year we will be pretty much retired!!! Both of us are workaholics, so we will have other projects, but no more pressure. We're moving onto a big acreage and will be growing our own food, we'll have lots of animals and some way or another we'll be breeding a tribe of children :-) Hopefully the stress levels lowering will help.

@Skyler good luck today with your test - hope it all goes really well and gives you some answers.

AFM I've just gone though what should have been "ovulation week" - unsure of when I ovulated, I think I got some EWCM early last week, but again I'm not charting or anything. Sexy hubbie and I DTD heaps, so we won't have missed ovulation if there was one. I have to confess, I had some Puregon (FSH) left over from when I did my stim thingy in Feb, so I used it up Did a few injections of 250 for a few days just to rev things up a bit. Not approved and probably not helpful, but thought I'd have a go!!! Still doing all my supps, baby aspirin, melatonin, DHEA, Trental, etc, so hopefully that has to make some difference. I guess I'm in the TWW. I fell pregnant exactly this time two years ago, which was the first time we actively tried, so I hope that's an omen and this is a good week in the stars or whatever!

to everyone else. I think @Fudge09 knocked us all sideways with her heart-breaking news, it's such a hard thing to deal with and most of us have been there Hope she's OK.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-05-2015),tuxcat  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Good Luck with today's SVG Luv!! Hope the hideous "bowel prep" did the job and they get a decent view!!! there's nothing serious going on in there!!

@MGC Bertie 25wks and counting!!! Am glad to hear all's going well Luv

@tuxcat Yep, fair enough Luv Definitely run everything by the new FS and see what her thoughts are. I'm interested to hear what her recommendations will be. July will be here before you know it and you never know what she may say about the NK Cell thing. She might think it's a good idea to treat you empirically for immune issues with Prednisolone/baby aspirin/clexane "just in case"?? Enjoy your holiday too!!!

@Leisylou LOFL the Puregon!!! That's Gold Luv!!! I love the plan you and DH have of moving onto acreage and growing your own produce plus having a yard full of animals and kids!!! DP and I would love to do the same thing one day (if we won the lotto that is!!!) minus the "tribe of kids"...One's definitely the limit for me
    Anyhoo.... you get accross the line this month Girl!!!

@Fudge09 I hope you're ok too Luv

Hello to all the other Lovelies........

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (19-05-2015),tuxcat  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Skyler 💖

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you @tuxcat for giving them the arrse. If they don’t appreciate you then they don’t deserve you :P
    I can’t believe its been 25 weeks already @MGC Bertie !! I am so envious – you must be feeling soooo pregnant by now.
    Hope your svg went well today @Skyler
    Good luck on your tww wait @Leisylou – fingers crossed.
    AFM, it looks like it should be end of July for Capetown. People are asking why Capetown and I’m just going to use DP as my excuse – yep, he’s dead keen on a great white shark cage dive – good enough excuse !! @emski72 you must be leaving soon. Have you decided on one or two for transfer yet? I’ll get some SA travel info off you later if you don’t mind too much. I’ll get a list together lol ! One initial question – did you need any vaccinations?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-05-2015),Bongley  (18-05-2015),Summer  (19-05-2015),tuxcat  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No vaccs unless you're going to the malaria zone like Kruger... Happy to offer tips etc. I leave Wed week!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (18-05-2015)