Closed Thread
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Leyshoja I'd be ****ed off too. I left my first clinic after they failed to do BTs prior to my FET. I mean how bloody ridiculous relying on a OPK for a $2k (or whatever ) cycle. My next clinic were horrified.
    I'm going to give you the advice I would give myself if I were in your current situation...so take it with a grain of salt if you must. If I were you I'd shelve that embie. Go to SA, get a young donor of your choosing. Have a bloody good holiday while you're at it. You'll always have that embie here as a 'back up' should you need it if SA results in no pregnancy & no frosties. The other thing to consider is do you want more than one child (and this is very real consideration to take using a 20 something year olds eggs). If you do, is it important that siblings be 100% genetically related to each other? If so a SA cycle is the way to go so you have the best chance of getting viable frosties for later. I was in this position, with 1xOE embie left here after I got utd with Edie, we ended up donating it to research as we wanted Edie to have a full sibling if possible... I also didn't want another possible pregnancy with chromosomal abnormalities.
    Re - immune issues - you can do a basic immune protocol that's not going to cause any major complications - prednisilone antibiotics, clexane, asprin ... Find a FS who will assist. I think you're in Brissy - ring for an appt with Wazza now while you're making up your mind, you can always cancel.
    I hope I don't sound too pushy but I get so frustrated seeing us get the run around. x

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (07-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),MaxKat  (07-04-2015),Summer  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja I can totally understand why you're angry and pi$$ed off Luv...I hope you tell your FS exactly what you've just told me/us about it being too early for transfer and about the bleeding concern. It's BS!!! I doubt they'll take any kind of responsibility for it though, unfortunately BUT, you can damn well make sure it doesn't happen for the next transfer!!

Of course neither or you want to keep throwing good $ after bad especially to a FC that seems, I'm sorry to say it Luv, to be a bunch of incompentent fck's!! What's done is done Luv and it can't be changed and the best thing you can do is what you're doing, and that's looking ahead The plan to go to SA is a good one Luv for so many reasons From what I've heard from the other Lovelies that have been, not only do they know their sh*t over there in terms of DE's and doing a Cycle etc, there seems to be a really high success rate too!!

I can fully understand you both need a holiday and you have the added bonus of having that while you're over there and from what @emski72 has said when she went, it sounds brilliant!! Plus, I don't think it takes all that long to get things happening either from start to finish, so I don't think the downtime would be all that long between Cycles for you??

Yep, go and have your BT today so you can draw a line underneath it and get on with the next FET. I understand there's no point in waiting it out when you know it's going to be a BFN. A few day won't change anything I really am very sorry you and your DP have had to go through this with these idiots!! You will get there Luv ok?? Of course I'm you won't have to end up going the SA route, but one way or another, you will get that baby into your arms!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 07-04-2015 at 08:56.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),Summer  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou There's nothing P.I. about saying you feel drawn to Asian children Luv IMO. Why wouldn't you go there for DE's if that's how you feel and what you both want?? I know Wazza's also affiliated with an American place too, but can't remember what it's called?? How's things looking for you?? Any sign of anything this morn??

@leyshoja @emski72 makes a good point...you're going to need a FS/FC who are going to co-operate to help facilitate this overseas DE gig and be supportive of your decision to go there. You'll get that with Wazza I'm sure there's many other FS/FC too that would do the same, but you might as well head to the best Luv!!

Could you get the ball rolling on the DE/SA trip AND have the FET at the same time, if you know what I mean?? Again, Em makes a good point about the sibling/genetics question. I did a basic immune protocol as part of my last 2 Cycles. Wazza does it as a matter of course with his Ladies...treats them empirically in a way that obviously isn't going to compromise anything.

Lots to think about Luv and look into

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),MaxKat  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it was a bfn again this morning. My fs who is affiliated with the ivf clinic but doesn't actually work there is aware that I may be going to SA and happy to support me. He's not sure what's involved but I think I'll make an appt to discuss with him. I'm happy to stay with him as he's done his damndest to help me and is not the one responsible for any mistakes. I will talk to him about the immune protocol too.
    Maybe on a day when I'm in a better mood though

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

emski72  (07-04-2015),MaxKat  (07-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hugs leyshoja. you're having the worst luck. the suggestions above sound good, esp about the possible future siblings. though if you do decide to transfer the remaining one i wonder if you could move it to another clinic (& still keep your fs?) my fs had mentioned similar ie genea frostie cylce running at rpa (though i may have misheard at the time as i hadn't thought about doing that)

take care

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    hugs leyshoja. you're having the worst luck. the suggestions above sound good, esp about the possible future siblings. though if you do decide to transfer the remaining one i wonder if you could move it to another clinic (& still keep your fs?) my fs had mentioned similar ie genea frostie cylce running at rpa (though i may have misheard at the time as i hadn't thought about doing that)

take care
    No plans for any siblings. It would be career suicide for me due to some upcoming long term projects. Twins would be 'manageable' but not two pregnancies. Plus our ages turn me off that.
    It will cost us around $1000 to use that last frosty. May as well give it a go I suppose. What's another grand on top of alllllll those others ?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    leyshoja so sorry this is all happening, it really is so crxppy. When I think donor eggs I just assume its going to work, so the disappointment factor must be enormous, not to mention the money spent. Take care of yourself and take some time to think about your options. And yeah, once you are ready to talk to your FS put all your concerns on the table. That SA holiday does sound like a really good option, and the NZ holiday comparison really makes sense.

Im going to my appointment as my temp has gone up so looks like i O'd when i thought I did.

BTW the other night i found this list of info about learnings from failed cycles - I thought it was really interesting so heres the link..
    http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=283000.0

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),MaxKat  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    **** it - stark white BFN again. My body is just playing tricks on me this month. No AF CD31 - this just sucks! In know my BFN is not as bad as @leyshoja & @Bongley & @Chiefsgirl @Luckyme1 and anyone else I've forgotten but it still sucks balls.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (07-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    leyshoja so sorry this is all happening, it really is so crxppy. When I think donor eggs I just assume its going to work, so the disappointment factor must be enormous, not to mention the money spent. Take care of yourself and take some time to think about your options. And yeah, once you are ready to talk to your FS put all your concerns on the table. That SA holiday does sound like a really good option, and the NZ holiday comparison really makes sense.

Im going to my appointment as my temp has gone up so looks like i O'd when i thought I did.

BTW the other night i found this list of info about learnings from failed cycles - I thought it was really interesting so heres the link..
    http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=283000.0
    Everyone's bfn is a bfn. They are all the same @Leisylou. We all get our hopes up and we all get disappointed. We probably all use curse words too. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself on that one

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),Summer  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post
    **** it - stark white BFN again. My body is just playing tricks on me this month. No AF CD31 - this just sucks! In know my BFN is not as bad as @leyshoja & @Bongley & @Chiefsgirl @Luckyme1 and anyone else I've forgotten but it still sucks balls.
    @Leisylou this easter has been cursed. I would have thought someone would have good news by now.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),emski72  (07-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),Skyler  (07-04-2015),Summer  (07-04-2015),tuxcat  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)