Closed Thread
Page 68 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chiefsgirl that view looks heavenly!! Good on you for doing it in style. You deserve some loveliness.
    @leyshoja wow you are organised, i know what you mean about needing a plan, not that Ive got one at the end of this cycle!!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - LOL at the BlindinBrisvegas!! Ahhhh we've all been there, although I don't think Ive ever been blind in Brisbane. lots of other cities around the world tho Gave it a great shot in London thats for sure!! Ive often had the guilts about the amount of drinking Ive done and whether thats my problem why this has all been so hard. But then Im not alone amongst my friends and all of them have popped out babies with no problems, including the "surprise" my 40 year old friend had happen last year. She and DH used be up drinking til 6am whilst I went to bed at midnight trying to be good. Then she gets UTD without even trying!!!

Im 11 dpo today and this is the first cycle I think Ive done (IVF related) where I honestly haven't googled once. Ive barely thought about it at all given what happened, and have never had pregnyl so late in the piece (8dpo) so I have nothing to go by. I haven't had any spotting and have had a few twinges/cramps and the sore boobs but nothing that screams yes or no. So Im going to end up with AF before I get to the blood test or be able to POAS with any reliability. I know I had a faint positive from the pregnyl before 4 days after the last shot so it would probably be at least 15dpo before i could realistically test. No doubt AF will arrive before that.

The thing is, I don't know what to do next. When I got sick and landed in ER I was really thinking how can I keep doing this to myself when this kind of thing can happen. I just don't know how many more goes I have in me to be honest, and I actually never thought I would get to that point. Dont even know if I want to do the donor thing either, I don't think I can answer that until we have given up on IVF altogether. Sometimes I don't know whether Im so determined because I have gone through so much and have to make it worth it or if its really the deep desire to have a child. I think its also partly that Im scared to have no one to be there for me or DH when one of us dies. Who looks after us if we have no kids? I do have a couple of friends who probably won't have kids for different reasons and we've all talked about it and all feel sad about that stuff.

We are going away on holidays so maybe I will have a clearer idea then. Probably have another cycle in me, to have a proper go with the new FS, maybe just need to see what she suggests.

hope everyone is having a good day

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-05-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-05-2015),Skyler  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat Bloody Pregnyl makes things difficult that's for sure unless you test it out. When's your BT due Luv?? The Pregnyl might stop AF arriving if she's going to. I'm and sending truckloads of that she doesn't!!!

I think this holiday will be a good opportunity for you to take a step back from all of this TTC/IVF stuff and just "BE" for a little while. Hopefully being away from it all will give you the clarity you're looking for so you know which direction you want to head in when you get back.

I also feel after everything you've been through you definitely need a decent rest and a good dose of R&R. I don't count your recent stint in hospital as "resting" I hope you and DH have a great time with lots of laughing and loving and living it up too!!! Try your best to forget about this sh*t while you're away ok?? Give yourself permission to have some fun!!!

P.S....London would've been a blast!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 13-05-2015 at 20:07.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

tuxcat  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you Tuxcat, I've been through the whole cycle of quitting mentally even though I thought at the start it would never come to that.
    You've sure been through a lot, especially lately.
    One of the things I also get upset about is that I'll be lonely in old age too
    Anyway I will be having one more go I think.
    Hoping this one has worked for you.
    Have a good holiday.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-05-2015),tuxcat  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Oh and Girls...Was reading about this on another thread "Vaginal Steaming" You heard me right Ladies!!! If only I'd known about it years ago, we could've saved ourselves a fortune in IVF!!!

The "How To" paragraph is frucking hilarious!! I got a visual as I was reading it..... @Skyler...I know you're already familiar with it all from the other thread

http://www.naturalnews.com/041487_va..._medicine.html

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (13-05-2015),tuxcat  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    Sometimes I don't know whether Im so determined because I have gone through so much and have to make it worth it or if its really the deep desire to have a child. I think its also partly that Im scared to have no one to be there for me or DH when one of us dies. Who looks after us if we have no kids?
    @tuxcat It's like you're reading my mind. I'm also keeping going just because I CANT stop. If I stop, what will I do then? What will my life look like. What will be significant in my life. What can I be proud of? My proudest thing in my life so far is building the entire front verandah on my Queenslander completely on my own from footings, beams, flooring, handrails and stairs up to the roof beams and rafters. Mind you it took me about 6 months to build it lol. If that's the best I've got, I need something much more meaningful in my life.
    Chiefsgirl, I'm hoping to be going end of July but CFC indicate that it could be 3 weeks until the donors initial appointment, so not sure if the whole thing will only take the estimated 8-10 weeks? The sooner the better because I am so sick of being patient. It doesn't come naturally to me. At all. How long till you go?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-05-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-05-2015),Skyler  (13-05-2015),tuxcat  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Oh and Girls...Was reading about this on another thread "Vaginal Steaming" You heard me right Ladies!!! If only I'd known about it years ago, we could've saved ourselves a fortune in IVF!!!

The "How To" paragraph is frucking hilarious!! I got a visual as I was reading it..... @Skyler...I know you're already familiar with it all from the other thread

http://www.naturalnews.com/041487_va..._medicine.html
    Omfg really ?? Fess up, who has tried this ??

Other than Gwyneth Paltrow I mean

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @leyshoja I think I just created a "Cheat's Version"....Sling all your herbs in a Vaporizer, plug it in, position it between your legs, drape a towel over and Voila!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!:
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 13-05-2015 at 20:45.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Omfg really ?? Fess up, who has tried this ??

Other than Gwyneth Paltrow I mean
    And how could it possibly help with haemorrhoids?? Bringing more blood to that area would only make it worse...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja I think I just created a "Cheat's Version"....Sling all your herbs in a Vaporizer, plug it in, position it between your legs, drape a towel over and Viola!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!:
    I'd like to see that LOL

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My fanoir needs more than a steam, I think an extreme makeover is in order.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-05-2015),Skyler  (13-05-2015)