Closed Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on getting out of jail @tuxcat – what a relief that will be and a holiday to boot !! You couldn’t have picked a nicer time of year to come to Brisbane.
    Good luck this month @Leisylou – I’ll be trying naturally next month naturally too – wouldn’t that be a turnup for the books if successful ! Nah, all the wine I will drink between now and then will put the mocker on that. @Chiefsgirl you must be getting super excited about your trip

My head is swimming now !!
    Questions: @Skyler what is SVG ? And what did they say about medicare? @emski72 – doxycycoline antibiotics? I can get these OTC? When would I start them?
    You are saying I could take either clexane, prednisolone or plain old aspirin? When do you start those?
    As well as the pregnancy multi, take an extra folate supplement on top of that?
    What is a ‘B12 sub lingual tab’ and what on earth is MTHFR ??? @BlondeinBrisvegas – an endo scratch ??? Eeewwww that sounds painful. What if I am ttc in that month? And how does it help?
    Waah, suddenly my cycles sound like they were perhaps ‘too simple’ !!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2015),tuxcat  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lol its not as hard as it all sounds ... Let me get on the lappy and I'll elaborate x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls, yes very looking forward to a holiday, it's been a while and with all this think the timing is perfect.

@Skyler I'm 9dpo today and had my last pregnyl shot yesterday so I'm thinking that will prob push AF out a couple of days, with IVF cycles normally by 12dpo I would be spotting heavily or light AF so we'll see. Haven't been noting my symptoms this time and anyway it's all down to the pregnyl. So by Friday/Saturday should know=have AF.

Also interested in that ivf thing on abc will check it out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ok ...
    MTHFR is a genetic mutation that can cause miscarriage - treatment is easy with megadose folate and B12 so easy enough to just add in to your regime.

here's what a normal immune cycle would look like for a DE cyle
    From now take daily multi vit, Vit D, Megafol folate supplement
    add in B12 bi lingual (just means you suck it like a lolly not swallow) every 3 or so days(I forget some days)

Take BCP to sync with donor - stop when the clinic tells you to.

CD1 start synare/lucrin/Lupron (what ever suppression drug you would use)

approx 2 weeks later start (daily) estrogen tabs, 10mg of predinsolone, 100mg of doxycycoline antibiotics you and DH and continue with synarel or suppression drugs

Go to Cape Town and have lining scan - stop synarel, start gestone progesterone in oil that you pick up from CFC, start clexane one day prior to transfer - stop antibiotics day before transfer

Clexane thins blood and helps with implantation - it would be the best option, but if your GP/fs baulks at prescribing just take low dose asprin daily,doxy can be prescribed by gp or fs.
    An Endo scratch helps the embryo to implant, they stick a catheter up your cervix and move it in and out to cause abrasion which brings blood flow to the area - it's optimal to have this on CD 21 prior to transfer (I'm having one next week apparently not fun but very helpful).

I know you say you eant to keep your fs but if it were me I'd get into wazza asap as he wouldn't bat an eye at prescribing all that... hope this all helps?
    Em x
    Last edited by emski72; 11-05-2015 at 15:46.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja You have it done to help enhance implantation They're also done to collect a sample from the endometrium to send off for testing of various things like NKC's as the BT for that isn't as accurate as the biopsy results. It's usually done on day 21 of the Cycle before ET. Pain varies for all women, but it's advised to take painkillers an hr or so before hand. Naprogesic is what Wazza recommended the first time I had it done on Cycle 4.
    No, you wouldn't do it if you're TTC naturally that month

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Blonde the SVG has to be done on cd 8, 9 or 10. So looking forward to bowel prep......

Leyshoja, the SVG stands for sonovaginogram. It's an ultrasound which checks for invasive endometriosis in the pocket between the vagina and rectum. Endo in that location impedes implantation. Should be fun. Apparently this test is not done all that often, the receptionist at the ultrasound place didn't even know what it was when I rang up to book. Good luck with the planning for SA!

Yeah Tuxcat and anyone else who is interested, the abc introduced the news article about ivf and Medicare but then cut to a boring budget announcement. My FS mentioned there would be a Medicare overhaul eventually mainly targeting shonky operators. Hoping none of us are affected. Will keep my eye out for the story.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Yep, when I flicked over to the ABC to check it out myself, they were showing Joe Hockey being grilled by the journalists about the budget!!

Anyhoo, had a sniff around the website and found it!! Here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-1...s-says/6459292

You can listen to it or if you hit the "show transcript" button, can read the interview in full

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-05-2015),Skyler  (11-05-2015),tuxcat  (11-05-2015),winsor  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the link Blonde, MB, the president of the Fert.Society is actually my (new) FS.I do know our clinic has one of the highest success rates in Aus and NZ. Good to know I'm failing in the best and most expensive place. Like being the dumbest kid in the best school

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Skyler MB is one of the best in the country Luv I've seen him on Insight before I'm pretty sure. Stop it Luv!! I don't want to hear that defeatist talk before you've even had a go with the man!!!

Am blaming your self derisive post squarely on the upcoming bowel prep's bottle top(s) A total downer just thinking about it quite obviously and understandably!!

Now you've gotten that out of your system (no pun intended!!) it's onwards and upwards for you!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-05-2015),Skyler  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Ok ...
    MTHFR is a genetic mutation that can cause miscarriage - treatment is easy with megadose folate and B12 so easy enough to just add in to your regime.

here's what a normal immune cycle would look like for a DE cyle
    From now take daily multi vit, Vit D, Megafol folate supplement
    add in B12 bi lingual (just means you suck it like a lolly not swallow) every 3 or so days(I forget some days)

Take BCP to sync with donor - stop when the clinic tells you to.

CD1 start synare/lucrin/Lupron (what ever suppression drug you would use)

approx 2 weeks later start (daily) estrogen tabs, 10mg of predinsolone, 100mg of doxycycoline antibiotics you and DH and continue with synarel or suppression drugs

Go to Cape Town and have lining scan - stop synarel, start gestone progesterone in oil that you pick up from CFC, start clexane one day prior to transfer - stop antibiotics day before transfer

Clexane thins blood and helps with implantation - it would be the best option, but if your GP/fs baulks at prescribing just take low dose asprin daily,doxy can be prescribed by gp or fs.
    An Endo scratch helps the embryo to implant, they stick a catheter up your cervix and move it in and out to cause abrasion which brings blood flow to the area - it's optimal to have this on CD 21 prior to transfer (I'm having one next week apparently not fun but very helpful).

I know you say you eant to keep your fs but if it were me I'd get into wazza asap as he wouldn't bat an eye at prescribing all that... hope this all helps?
    Em x
    Wow, thanks @emski72 ! My FS is happy to prescribe whatever is required for this, he's keen as. If he baulks at the clexane I'm already on fish oil which thins my blood considerably already (my ex Botox lady used to get up me because I bled so much on it) but can take the aspirin as well. Other than that, all looks good now that you've spelt it out, thanks again ! . I'll have to copy and paste this somewhere for later reference lol...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2015)