Closed Thread
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No worse luck than anyone else here @Bongley good luck with your donor search!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

What I lack in luck, I make up with determination

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-05-2015),Bongley  (10-05-2015),emski72  (10-05-2015),Fudge09  (10-05-2015),Summer  (11-05-2015),tuxcat  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy mother's day to you delicious ladies. That is for all the babies we have concieved and lost and the ones that i know will be with you in the future. You are all mums to me xx
    @Skyler...omg I would have lost my ****e. But of you follow her theory i think you should just quit. I mean how can you be a vet at all? How can you treat a dog when you have never been a dog? And you have never been a cat! How can you possibly empathise with the trauma of hunting a mouse for an hour only to bring it back to your owner and have it rejected? You can never understand their pain or rejection. I think you should just give up until you come back as an animal. Actually now i think about it I should give up to. I have shown horses my whole life. ..obviously i don't understand what they go through when the are stabled, rugged, fed top quality feed and live a life of pampering. I am probably just hindering their development with my lack of empathy. D!ckh $#d!
    @leyshoja i love the word mole! I use it and many others regularly! I understand also about being so convinced things aren't going to work that you are already planning the next cycle in your head. Even with my current bfp i am doing it. I am imagining that when there is no hb on Thursday i can start planning my next FET. I think it is a coping mechanism. Sad but true.
    @emski...wow to MIL ...ouch! That would hurt!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-05-2015),Bongley  (10-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-05-2015),Skyler  (10-05-2015),Summer  (10-05-2015),tuxcat  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You know what Leyshoja - one of the reasons I chose the donor I did was because she wrote that she thought her best quality was her resilience, that's something that struck a chord in me and something I really admire in others and think that every woman who has done ivf holds - you my girl have it in spades and I've no doubt you'll be a mama soon... xxoo

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (10-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-05-2015),tuxcat  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

Thanks @emski72. I think the more I spend the more determined I am not to give up. It will seem like such a waste of money if I gave up before I reach my goal. And it will seem like a pittance anyway when I have that baby at the end of all this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (10-05-2015),tuxcat  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Happy Mothers Day Girls!!!

You are all Mothers to me too Whether you've had a BFP, lost a bub, have one onboard, took one home, are a step parent, have furbabies, feather babies or any other kind of "babies" in the animal kingdom, are "mum's" to friends kids, nephews, nieces, etc, you're all Mum's and deserve to be recognised for everything that you do!!!

@leyshoja BFFBOO!!! I hope you enjoyed your bbq breakky with your mum. Yep, it's a cracker of a day up here!! for tomorrow's POAS

@Bongley I second @Chiefsgirl's sentiments. Am keeping everything your DE journey can begin asap!!!

@emski72 That must've made you feel like absolute sh*t at the time Luv Hope she's gotten you something really special this year.

@tuxcat you've got more reasons than that for the HCG in your system!! That person did right to wish you a happy Mother's day too!! Refer to my opening paragraph

@Fudge09 I think it definitely is a defence mechanism to protect our hearts for Thursday Luv!! Will there be one sticky bean in there or two??

Hello to all the other Lovelies too.............

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (10-05-2015),Summer  (10-05-2015),tuxcat  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I just wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy Mother's Day, and that I hope you've been able to smile a little through the tears. What a tough day for you - being two firsts - the first as a Mum yourself and the first without a Mum. Life takes some pretty rough turns at times, and that must be one of the roughest... I know that you must have had an amazing Mum, you are such a loving, thoughtful, kind, supporting, giving and generous person, she would be so proud of you, and so proud of the mother you are. What a bittersweet day for you, I'm sending you love and hugs

Well, I got through today OK, just trying not to dwell on it too much. I sent a beautiful message to one of my good friends who had a baby last September in the same week that I was due, wishing her the best Mother's Day for her first one ever - I'm so happy for her, but I so wish I was celebrating my first Mother's Day too.

My gorgeous DH was so thoughtful. He got up first, then came back into the bedroom with some of our feather and fur babies (a parrot on each hand!) and a doggie jumping on the bed, and my DSS and they gave me a card and present, love from all of them and listed all our pets names (nine!) in the card to "Mum" and from DSS too. So that was really sweet. I felt a bit awkward, but it was very thoughtful.

The we had brekky out with the family and spent a few hours before going to put flowers on DH's Mum's grave. I had five little flowers for each of my five angels as well and I had a little cry and that was that. Now we've ordered in pizza, opened a bottle of red, and we're going to watch a comedy. We're usually health nuts, so this is a big departure :-)

I hope everyone coped OK in their own ways and did what they needed to, to get through the day.

Happy Mother's Day @emski72 - you always inspire me, and I hope those with children, even if they are on this journey too, have had a lovely day with their family. Will write more tomorrow.

xxxxx

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2015),Bongley  (10-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-05-2015),MaxKat  (10-05-2015),Skyler  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Leisylou Thank-you Luv for your kind words @ thoughts...has set me off 😢 yet again FFS's!!😊

I'm so glad your DH @ DSS spoilt you rotten even if it felt a little awkward. You bloody deserve it Girl!! Am equally sorry for the hurt @ heartache the loss of your Angel babies brings on days like today😦 Also feel for your DH's loss of his Mum. It must be hard for him too.

You are also a loving,kind,supportive, giving @ generous soul yourself Luv. To be able to push through your own hurt to wish your friend a sincere @ genuine happy Mother's Day speaks volumes in my book. It wouldn't of been easy for you. Not to mention taking the time to acknowledge me @ my Mum too. I very much appreciate it.

I hope you both enjoy your vino @ pizza!! I'm sending love @ hugs your way as well!xoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 10-05-2015 at 21:23.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another BFN today at 13dpo. That's it as far as I'm concerned. I'll try again tomorrow regardless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja i am so sorry for your bfn. Testing tomorrow wouldn't hurt. Us poas addicts just need to make sure! Treat yourself kindly today. Xx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (11-05-2015)