Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    No pgd testing
    Like you say you wouldn't think it'd be the nk cells as you've got pregnant before....if you had them they stop the embryo implanting. And you'd think with the donor eggs cos they're younger they'd be okay. You have one left don't you? Are you going to do one more cycle? Is it a bit bad form of the clinic to just keep putting them in without further testing? I mean after a couple failed maybe they'd look into why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat I had endo scratch done on both Cycle 4 @ 5 Luv. It's usually done on Day 21 of the Cycle before stimm's/FET though I know I had it done either earlier or later on one of the Cycles??

I'm not sure what time your appointment is tomorrow, but if you can, maybe see what the go is in the morn with your temp and then could you give them a call and tell them of your suspicions?? If not, perhaps shooting an email off to them tonight that they'll get first thing tomorrow would be best and wait for them to call you. My IVF file is packed away downstairs in storage, but I'll have a look through the AACEP thread here and try to find out exactly when I had it done

@leyshoja I agree with you Luv r.e NK Cells. To my mind, it's either dud embryo's or in this particular Cycle, too early of a transfer??? Still sux either way you look at it Luv

@Leisylou Did you get hold of a test or what??

@Skyler to you too Luv

Hello to all the other Lovelies....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat Found it!!! Ok, I had it done last Cycle on CD 13 of the AACEP protocol. I was still taking the pill at that stage which I was due to stop on CD19, wait for AF to arrive then begin stimm's

No doubt that piece of info has been of absolutely no help to you whatsoever!! Now, @emski72 was having a bit of a conundrum recently with when to have the scratch done, so I'm hoping she might be able to chime in here if she can help

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

tuxcat  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear you should be our FS @BlondeinBrisvegas 😉😉😉

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @MaxKat thanks Luv!! Just put it down to a sh*tload of research I did continually the whole time I was Cycling. The more BFN's I got the more research I did, reading everything and anything I could get my hands/eyes on in a mad frenzy trying to find anything I thought would help us etc.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (06-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #13

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKat View Post
    @leyshoja i think that explains why you haven't got tested. You are right, you wouldn't get that far. What about doing pgd testing on your embies before transfer? Don't want to sound to harsh but if all of them come from same donor and you had these issues, better get them checked. I wouldn't be going through another transfer dear.
    There's only one left, may as well just transfer it... Then we are giving that clinic the arsse

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-04-2015),MaxKat  (06-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @leyshoja I agree Luv but if they want to transfer it on a day you honestly feel is too early, then do whatever you have to do to make it happen on the day you feel is the right one of your cycle. Not sure how you could do that though??? Bend the truth about when AF starts or something??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks leyshoja, it could be that this donor is just not that fertile anymore.

Fertility starts to decline after 30. Hopefully if you try another donor and if you can go to SA you get to choose a beautifully fertile 20 something lady.

Good luck.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually Blonde, that is the first time ever they have transferred that early. I suspect they made a mistake. Usually I have to wait until around CD20 which just about kills me. Too bad for me its going to be a $10,000 mistake which is what we will spend going to SA.
    Spoke to the other half again last night as he's not overly committed to continuing to throw good money after bad, and in the end it was simple really. My argument - after all this whether its successful or not, I want an o/s holiday. Now, we can either go to SA and spend around $10,000 which includes IVF or we can go to NZ and spend maybe $7000 which doesn't include IVF. He opted for the SA option. Jeez I'm angry today. I feel so down about this as that was our best chance and a. I feel it was too early for a transfer, and b. the dr was concerned about the 'bleeding' so why not put me back a month ?? I'm going to try to get my BT done today to get it over with (instead of Thurs) and just get on with the next one. I started stalking the IVF in SA thread last night... jeez this frown will not quit !!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),MaxKat  (07-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (07-04-2015),winsor  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Actually Blonde, that is the first time ever they have transferred that early. I suspect they made a mistake. Usually I have to wait until around CD20 which just about kills me. Too bad for me its going to be a $10,000 mistake which is what we will spend going to SA.
    Spoke to the other half again last night as he's not overly committed to continuing to throw good money after bad, and in the end it was simple really. My argument - after all this whether its successful or not, I want an o/s holiday. Now, we can either go to SA and spend around $10,000 which includes IVF or we can go to NZ and spend maybe $7000 which doesn't include IVF. He opted for the SA option. Jeez I'm angry today. I feel so down about this as that was our best chance and a. I feel it was too early for a transfer, and b. the dr was concerned about the 'bleeding' so why not put me back a month ?? I'm going to try to get my BT done today to get it over with (instead of Thurs) and just get on with the next one. I started stalking the IVF in SA thread last night... jeez this frown will not quit !!
    Oh @leyshoja that is just completely ****ed :-( It is possible they made a mistake and did the transfer too early - is there any way you can look further into it? If they did make a mistake, then is there any way to pursue some funds back? I know that's not the main issue, but geez they seem to have done the wrong thing many a time. No wonder you are so ****ed off. You put your faith, trust and $$ in the clinic's hands, expecting them to do the best for you.

I am so sorry this one doesn't seem to have worked out. I assume you got another BFN today? It is just so heartbreaking, everyone really thought this could be the one, with a double transfer... FFS...

It is good that DH is on board with the SA thing. We'll be looking at that a little later in the year. Although if thailand is an option, which I think Wazza mentioned, honestly I think that would definitely be an option for us. I don't even know how to word this without sounding politically incorrect - but I've always been drawn to Asian children, I just think they are so beautiful and in my dreams I always had adopted from Asia. So that could be something for us.

Hon, I feel for you, you've been through so much. Hang in there. The book I'm reading at the moment - The Fertile Female - is very philosophical about every step you take being one step close to the child that is also stepping towards you. For some the path is a lot longer, but just imagine that little one on the path too, walking towards you. At some point you will make it together and the little child will be the one that was meant to be yours (as quoted by some wise lady on here!).

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (07-04-2015),MaxKat  (07-04-2015)