Closed Thread
Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok ladies, late night rant.
    I need advice. Wtf is going on here?
    I got my usual definite pre af signs earlier in the week, severe bloating, endo pain and pink 'staining' not even spotting really. Then I was debilitated with af pain Thursday night so much so that I could not even cook or do anything. We had to get take away because I could not even stand up.
    I think I know you ladies well enough to give tmi ....
    For me af is super heavy, clots, murder scene material. But this time, nothing. One day of slight brown spotting, now she's gone. Not.one.drop.of.red.
    Now I can't be prego, we missed ov this month and I POAS twice just b4 the pink staining happened and clear BFN's. I refuse to go through any more self flagellation so not gonna POAS tomorrow.
    Do any of you ever skip an af altogether?
    Is this the dreaded peri menopause that so many have talked about lately?
    I haven't stimmed since January so it's not the ivf meds.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #13

Wow @ skyler, that IS weird? You know sperm can live for 5 days inside you, right? I'd be poas'ing.
    Although I just did and still BFN for me too at 11 dpo. Try again tomorrow..
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 09-05-2015 at 07:28.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015),Skyler  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Could it have been an anovulatory cycle this month?? Did you POAS when you *thought* AF was due?? I had a breakthrough bleed on the night of 13dpo...just light pink staining..a musk colour..barely anything at all as that's when AF usually came for me (13/14dpo).

Luv..I know you don't want to, but you might have to test again just to be sure because of the OPK bugger up. I'm not trying to get your hopes up, more to rule it in/out for sure then you can start looking at other causes.

That's all I can think of as I've never skipped AF before when TTC. I'm still secretly hoping for a surprise "you-know-what" for you anyway!!😊xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Good Luck this morn Luv!!! Finger's crossed/Babydust for a squinter!!! (on the ph so can't do icons...boo!!!)
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-05-2015 at 07:27.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (09-05-2015),Skyler  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @leyshoja Bugger Luv!!😦 Must've posted at same time. Still early days...C'Mon "Lucky"!!😊

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Bugger Luv!!😦 Must've posted at same time. Still early days...C'Mon "Lucky"!!😊
    Lol. I haven't given up yet. If not tomorrow though, I'll be starting to accept defeat. Not too concerned as I'm keen on a holiday to SA...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015),Skyler  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja bugger, come on DPO12.....
    @Skyler jeeze that is confusing, could af still be coming? I know my periods have been all over the shop but that's due to the constant rounds of stims. Hm....... not much help sorry.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-05-2015),Skyler  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,
    @Fudge09 so happy to read your positive news about working things out with your DH. try not to stress out about the lack of symptoms I think it's very common, more likely to start feeling more later on I think.
    @Skyler I think it sounds like you def need to POAS. That way you can rule that out if it's BFN. I hope it's an amazing surprise!
    @leyshoja the holiday does sound great, but still hoping for that shiny BFP tomorrow.
    @Bongley so has the tassie lady def pulled out? That's disappointing if so, but better to know asap I guess.

well I'm still in hospital! Feels like I've been here for weeks, have been much improved by the day though and just am trying to enjoy the rest. Funnily enough they've just started giving me Clexane because I'm in bed not moving much. So I actually get out on Wednesday morning as the antibiotics are a 7 day course. It's funny how all the nurses have been so optimistic about the IUI working, such naivety is actually quite nice to be around. So I'm just watching a lot of movies, eating crappy hospital food and looking forward to the next visitors arriving. I can get up and walk around now as I'm not tied to the drip, so looking forward to leaving this room and having a change of scenery. I do at least have my own room as I've been classified "infectious" yes lovely huh

DH just took a pic of some food goodies he's got for me, bless him. I haven't eaten so much white bread in years!!! Was hoping to lose a few kgs whilst being here.

hope everyone is enjoying their weekend

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (10-05-2015),Skyler  (09-05-2015),Summer  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fudge, good to hear you're getting things sorted out with DH and the step kiddies. And hoping the Pregnancy is going strong!

Bongley what's the latest?

Thanks for your very helpful and insightful advice re my af no show ladies. I took your advice and POAS, BFN. Af showing signs that she may arrive. But I still don't understand wtf she popped her head in then disappeared. Don't think it has been an anovulatory cycle as I def got ov pain, just way after the clear blue gave the smiley. Dumb test.

Leyshoja, not giving up on you yet

Tuxcat, yum, white bread hospital sandwiches! Good thing your DH has made up a food parcel for you. Hope you're having a lovely Saturday night in your private room. Know what you mean about the naivety. I still have friends/family who despite the evidence, still believe it will happen for me and sometimes it's a relief or helps me stay delusional?!

Hi Leisy, thinking of you.

Hello Blonde too! Know what you mean about the musk, I had that for a day.

Can I tell you ladies a work story that cut me up?
    I had to do a Caesarian today on a dog who had been in labor since Thursday night. I had a nurse tell me she knew what the dog was going through (better than I did) because she had given birth. This nurse knows full well my fertility struggles. How dare she infer that I could not empathise with my patient as well as she could! I have made a complaint about her to management for shooting her mouth off inappropriately about that and some other issues. All this on the eve of Mother's Day. On other occasions I have been told by friends that I cannot possibly understand the impact of global warming because I am not a mother. Wtf??? Mothers should be more upset about global warming because their children will suffer in future, was the explanation. Fed up of these types of comments.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg sometimes I am blown away by people's 'dumbness'. I wonder if later they think 'oops maybe I shouldn't have said that'? I hope you gave the stupid mole a death stare. Lol, mole. I haven't used that word in ummm.... 20 years! if I didn't already feel old, I do now .
    Back on topic - thoughtless biaatch. I hope that dog bites her.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-05-2015),Kelly70  (09-05-2015),Skyler  (09-05-2015)