Closed Thread
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Feel guilty for what Luv?? I'm with @emski72 and @Bongley...It's a smart move to hedge your bets I say It's not like you're locked in or anything like that, so you won't need to C'mon "Lucky"!!!!

@Bongley How you doing Luv?? Any word from Tassie PD???

@winsor Yep, that's what it is. My original FS was going to send us there because he knows the head honcho who runs the clinic. He got the biatch of a nurse who works there to find out about fast tracking me for an appoint and that's when he and I found out the cut off is 38 and at the time, I'd just turned 38 a few weeks before, not that it matters now, but at the time I was pi$$ed right off!!

@tuxcat How you doing today Luv?? Hope you're feeling a lot better you've got a lovely blastocyst in your oven getting ready to hatch out!!!

Hello to all the rest of the Lovelies.......

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-05-2015),tuxcat  (06-05-2015),winsor  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #13

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I reckon its smart Leyshoja - some women struggle to find someone they like when the time finally comes to get organised. Which agency is she with?
    Winsor here's hoping the new clinic is the one that gets you over the line.
    Tuxcat hope you're feeling better.
    She's with ababySA. Are they any good do you know? The response times have been pretty quick.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MaxKat  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I love them and used them - the whole team is great and they just happen to be the cheapest! Their travel packages are very good value for money too.
    ETA - their payment method is a bit odd (some sort of local PayPal) but its legit
    Last edited by emski72; 06-05-2015 at 12:48.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-05-2015),MaxKat  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Tuxcat, so so sorry you have landed on hospital with an infection! How are you progressing? Hope you're feeling better.

Leyshoja, well done on reserving your donor. Hopefully you'll be getting a BFP in a couple of days and won't need her.

Bongley, so sorry your PD got cold feet. Plan b and c are still there for you, your friend and OS donors!

Winsor, I think it's amazing that they will give 3 cycles to those 43 and over and you/ we are lucky because my FS said Medicare will be reviewing that shortly and looking at whether any of us, public or private can keep utilising Medicare for multiple cycles. They're going to put some sort of cap on it very soon. You might not need 3 cycles anyway, your frostie could be the one.

AFM, af about to begin. Then I can book my SVG, then see the new Gyno about the endo. At least get busy doing something rather than waiting.

Hi BIB.

How you going Fudge?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-05-2015),Bongley  (06-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (06-05-2015),tuxcat  (06-05-2015),winsor  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been busy the last few days so trying to keep up!

@leyshoja that sounds like a good plan, I was thinking of doing some serious research myself starting now so that we would be good to go in a few months, even though I'm planning my first IVF cycle next month and have no idea if it will be successful or not, or if we get any frosties, so it's all a big unknown, but I want to be pregnant before the end of the year as well, whichever way it's going to happen. Good on you, I hope this little one on board is there for the long haul, but I like your back-up plan.

@tuxcat I feel for you - I got really, really sick with a similar protocol, although I don't think I had an infection like you, I think I just reacted badly to that whole cocktail of drugs. My plan isn't changing for June, so I'm expecting the worst again :-( I hope you are on the mend and it hasn't all gone to waste.

@Skyler bugger about the ovulation mix-up! Hopefully it was around the right time anyway and all that DTD did the trick! When are you testing?

@winsor we're the same age, so I feel your urgency - great that your new clinic are going to do three cycles, at least you'll have a really good idea after that about it. Will you do DE if your OE don't work? I still can't quite get my head around it. I know I will go that way if I have to, but I still can't quite get out of my head that it wouldn't be my baby. I watched a program the other day on the ABC about donors and surrogacy that was really positive, but there was one couple who did IVF for ten years and then did a donor egg, husbands sperm and a surrogate, and when they were showing the first ultrasound picture the wife said "Look there's the first picture of your baby" Not "our" baby, but "yours" (his), and even though it worked out really well for them, I'm worried I'd feel that way and always feel like the step-mum, never the real mum.... Still need help with that one!

@Bongley sorry to hear about your PD possibly getting cold feet, hopefully she is on board and just being a little reserved, but like @emski72 says it does happen with Aussie donors and they may not understand the need for speed at this age! Good luck with your back-up plans and for pulling it all together ASAP!

Hope everyone else is going along OK

AFM, I had a better period this month, it lasted two days which is good for me and made me feel like I actually do have a lining in there. Just plodding along with my supps and health routine and trying really hard to be positive that we can fall pregnant naturally this month and avoid IVF. But I'm putting the plans in place for a June cycle anyway. I don't think I have any more time up my sleeve to muck around, so I have to make a move.

Hey, I met my DH online too, I don't think I would have met him without it, we move in such different circles, but he is the love of my life and I am so grateful for online dating!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-05-2015),Bongley  (06-05-2015),JulieMalooley  (06-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015),winsor  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I love them and used them - the whole team is great and they just happen to be the cheapest! Their travel packages are very good value for money too.
    ETA - their payment method is a bit odd (some sort of local PayPal) but its legit
    That's great news - thanks @emski72

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Leisylou, no luck, af appearing...
    And hoping your natural plan works for you this month

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Summer  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Thanks Leisylou, no luck, af appearing...
    And hoping your natural plan works for you this month
    Boo ! Why can't we just get lucky sometimes ???

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (06-05-2015),Summer  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou, I know what you mean about 'his' baby. When I was UTD with the donor egg embie, I joked on and off to DP about 'his' baby better not have webbed toes etc lol (yes two of his toes are webbed) but I know without doubt that if I carry a pregnancy it will be 100% mine and his. Maybe I just gloss over things in my own head a lot, but I stressed about that stuff for a very short time, then just got practical and realised that a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do so got on with it. I see myself doing that a lot - just making the next decision then wiping the last failure out of my mind - onward and upward type stuff, but hey, it works for me. A counsellor may say otherwise, which is why I stay well clear of them @emski72 I've just had a look at their holiday packages and am now even more excited about going to SA. If I get a BFP this weekend, I know there will be a glimmer of disappointment mixed up in the excitement . And if I get the expected BFN, I'll be flat out organising a two week whirlwind of events and sight-seeing. Its a win-win situation (well, that's what I'm telling myself)...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-05-2015),Summer  (06-05-2015),winsor  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @leyshoja - The Vineyard package is great - that's what we did. I'm staying there again this time I loved it so much. A bit quieter though if you're after action you might want to do the V&A Waterfront

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (06-05-2015),Summer  (06-05-2015)