Closed Thread
Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @tuxcat I wonder if you maybe had a virus just to top things off. It seems a lot of things these days get written off as the 'flu'. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better anyway..
    AFM, I'm not dwelling on the tww much. We aren't even talking about it at home... you know all the sentences that start with 'If I end up being pregnant we will etc etc etc'. I too, am very over this joy ride. I'll probably start busting out the tests on Friday at 10dpo with zero expectations.
    Hi to everyone, I hope you all had a nice weekend. @Fudge09 I particularly hope that you had a better few days with your DH than your recent weeks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-05-2015),Skyler  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so unwell Luv I hope you're feeling better today. I was wondering if it might've been a side effect of the Prednisone??? The ovulation pain sounds truly bloody awful Is that normal for you to be in such pain when you do?? Anyhoo Luv, that you're on your way to a BFP!!!

@leyshoja Fair enough Luv, but I'm still and sending for "Lucky" who is hopefully hatching out of his/her shell today!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies..... Hope you all had a lovely weekend and that @Skyler didn't wake up with a hangover!!!

P.S.... @Fudge09 I echo @leyshoja sentiments and hope your counselling session today/tonight goes well too You having anymore BT's before your scan Luv??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-05-2015 at 13:48.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIB hatching huh? You sure do know how to keep your finger on the pulse !! I wouldn't expect anybody but me to know today is hatching day . I wish I could keep up with everybody that well but my memory is sieve-like...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    So's mine Luv...believe it or not!!😀

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha ha BIB may have had a smidge of a hangover on Sunday morning! Thoroughly worth it though. And yes you have an amazing knack for knowing exactly what everyone is up to. Doesn't seem like you have a brain like a sieve at all!

Hey Leyshoja, good luck with the POASing. So just out of interest when you have had an ivf BFP, what DPO did it come on? I resisted POAS the one and only ivf cycle that was a BFP .

I never talk like that with DH anymore either. We are in the mode where we're not expecting it to happen. Sad isn't it. I used to avoid buying fitted clothes because I thought any moment now, I won't be able to wear them. These days, eff it I'm buying skinny jeans like there's no tomorrow. And I haven't looked at my list of baby names since about November last year.

Hoping you QLD girls are all ok after the floods.

Hi Tuxcat, MaxKat, Lucky and Fudge, also MGC Bertie and anyone else I've forgotten or who hasn't popped in for a while.

Could some of our BFP girls please pop in and cheer us up?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),MaxKat  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler ooh, yeah the baby names thing is one I avoid like the plague. Think I didn't start considering that until after the 12 week mark. I got my ivf BFP on 11dpo.

So gals look like my potential donor has got cold feet. I started asking about time frames and I think that scared her off, plus, I don't know, maybe she didn't like the sound of me on the phone, I do have an annoying English accent . I was probably too gung ho but it's difficult to know how to proceed with all this stuff. I don't think younger donors really understand the time pressure we older gals are under, so we get a bit frantic. We know how it all drags out for months and then you get a BFN and it's back to the drawing board minus thousands of dollars and a quarter of a year.

Also, I had a chat with a lady that is heavily involved with running one of the egg donor sites who has decided to go O/S herself as it was all taking too long. She told me not to wait and it made me stop and think (and that was before my PD pulled out). I still have my friend as a backup, have to decide my next move. Anyway, enough about me.

Xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),MaxKat  (05-05-2015),Skyler  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Last edited by emski72; 04-05-2015 at 23:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Skyler Bahahahaha!!! As long as you had a good time Luv Oh, I do have a brain like a sieve hence having to write everything down in my numerous visual reminders...personal diary, calender, phone sometimes or else I'd honestly forget!!!

My skinny jeans are still in storage...methinks I won't be wearing them this winter All good here after the rain thanks for asking Luv How are you going?? Has the biatch AF turned up or what???

@Bongley WTF?? I'm sorry to hear that about your PD Maybe she's just taking a time out to have a think about things??? I doubt you've done anything wrong or scared her off etc. Who knows why, but it's not like it's the first time she's donated. She knows how it all works.

@emski72 and the other lady you spoke to make a good point Luv I think. Would the NZ PD reconsider?? Or if you are thinking of going o/s (if you can afford to) maybe it's better to just go to one of the clinics wherever you choose and just get on with it without all this frucking about and uncertainty???
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-05-2015 at 07:07.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas there were too many various issues with the NZ lady (medical issues, costs, time) and we're going to give it a good shot at trying to find a known donor. Otherwise I would be on safari right now ;-) But I will bring the O/S option forward in my thinking.
    Yes, tassie PD could be just taking a breather but for the sake of my sanity I will err on the side of caution and still keep planning/looking while chatting with her.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone @Skyler, my last BFP was on CD11, so that will be this Saturday. @Bongley, I'm sorry to hear about your PD backing out . Yep, I know exactly what you mean about all the quarters of years we lose while waiting/cycling and it bites. I know you want a known donor, but I love the fact that SA is a 10 week turnaround. I just can't do this waiting anymore. I'm over it (stating the obvious).
    I'm currently interested in a lady in SA who is 23 and has her own kids already, but has not donated before. She is available in July/Aug when I would be going (if BFN) so this time next week I may just have booked her in. By hook or by crook, I will be UTD by xmas. Either way my poas'ing goes this week I will be happy - either I have a holiday/baby to look forward to, or a baby.
    As for the fitted clothes, I've started giving away all my skinny jeans. When my ex hubby left me a couple of years ago I dropped from 63 down to 56 kg and had to buy a tonne of new stuff. Over the last 2 years, with all the ivf and reduced exercise due to tww's (thats my excuse anyway) it has gradually crept back on - plus a couple of kg. I'm only a few kg's over where I'm comfortable, but keep telling myself it won't matter because I'll be UTD soon and if I'm not this week then I'll get back into my exercise regime next week (as if).
    Anyway, when I was pregnant last Oct/Nov, I bought a heap of new dresses for work, all nicely fitted, but made out of that stretchy stuff so they will still fit me well into a pregnancy. I still remember the conversation in the shop when I was telling the staff that I can't get anything too tight because we had just found out I was pregnant . We were so excited that day.
    On a brighter note, I had a revelation yesterday. If we ever have a girl I absolutely love the name Jasmine and am set on it. I'm not usually thinking about names these days but I was thinking about the scientist at my clinic who is Jasmine and it just clicked. A long time ago I decided I loved Hunter for a boy but my partners last name is Fox, so that could be a bit wanky. Shame.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),Bongley  (05-05-2015),MaxKat  (05-05-2015)