Closed Thread
Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Yep, best do as he says Luv Sounds like you and DH have a lot to consider first especially if doing these Cycles could jeopardise your marriage!! I'm assuming your DH is perhaps ready to move on but you're not quite there yet??

Yes, you'll have to factor in all the travel, etc as well but I know you'll find a way to do it if you both decide to I had to twist DP's arm to keep going at first as we thought we were done after Cycle 4 as we were broke. We'd spent our savings on the first 4 Cycles, but I did some "creative accounting" and worked out a way we could do another 2 Cycles which is why there was a 6 month break between 4 and 5. It took us that long to save up again.

@leyshoja Oooh Luv, that is a tough one isn't it?? All the other Girls have given great points of view/advice, but if you honestly feel in your heart of hearts you have to do another Cycle with your OE's to be able to move on whatever way it pans out, then I feel you probably should try one final time

You know who i'm going to tell you to go and see, but I fear his wait list would be too long by now (unless you got on the cancellation list and snared an appointment quickly)

@Chiefsgirl Bloody ouch allright!!! But Luv, it's really happening now!!!

@Luckyme1 Bugger you AF!! Always turning up when you don't want her!! Biatch!!! I agree with @leyshoja , there are lots of reasons your cycle could be out besides peri menopause . I'm sure your FS will do some BT's on Fri to see where things are at (or else ask for them..will be a good time to gauge how the hormones are faring Luv). Hoping he/she's got something different for you to try that gets you over the line!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 28-04-2015 at 18:12.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (28-04-2015),Skyler  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aargh hopefully this FET will just work and I can stop wondering...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja That's the spirit Luv!! "Lucky" (as in "Lucky Last") will be exactly that!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Hey Bongley, you saw AM at RPA at one stage didn't you? I'm seeing him in his private practice for my endo. MB said he's "the best surgeon I've seen in a generation". From memory you liked him didn't you?
    @Skyler Yes, I do but then I think you do tend to adore the doc that helps you get UTD He's very cheerful and has a silly laugh and I did notice that the egg pickups were always much better and less painful when he did it. He did my lap and hysteroscopy, D&C etc and removed a moderate amount of endo but I was up and went home that night. (got UTD after that) is MB Mark Bowen? That's high praise indeed! Shame he couldn't work his magic with me the second time around. Still, say hi and tell him I looove him Are you booked in for a lap yet?
    Last edited by Bongley; 29-04-2015 at 14:22.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luckyme1 yes, it could just be the drugs, my periods are all over the shop and I've always been a regular girl. I also think that I do ovulate but because of the really heavy bleeds during IVF that I just don't shed anything for a cycle after IVF. That's my theory anyway.
    @Chiefsgirl wow, that is so exciting, you do move fast!! I am really hoping to see a round of BFPs in a few months. Including mine, weee!!
    @leyshoja yes fingers crossed for this lucky last embryo, where are you now? When will you be testing?

AFM I'll be chatting to my Tassie PD on the phone on friday, wish me luck and I hope I don't get a spontaneous case of tourettes and start C bombing and F bombing the conversation out of nervousness.
    Last edited by Bongley; 29-04-2015 at 07:48.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Luckyme1 yes, it could just be the drugs, my periods are all over the shop and I've always been a regular girl. I also think that I do ovulate but because of the really heavy bleeds during IVF that I just don't shed anything for a cycle after IVF. That's my theory anyway.
    @Chiefsgirl wow, that is so exciting, you do move fast!! I am really hoping to see a round of BFPs in a few months. Including mine, weee!!
    @leyshoja yes fingers crossed for this lucky last embryo, where are you now? When will you be testing?

AFM I'll be chatting to my Tassie PD on the phone on friday, wish me luck and I hope I don't get a spontaneous case of tourettes and start C bombing and F bombing the conversation out of nervousness.

good luck on Friday @Bongley - maybe have a wine beforehand to calm yourself down lol. Although that could make your tongue a bit loose(r).
    AFM, transfer is tomorrow. I spoke to DP last night about having one more go and he said I'm the one who keeps quoting statistics to him and from those numbers its obvious that its just a waste of money. So no more EPU for me. I'm in two minds about it and probably always will be until I get UTD. Argggh hurry up and get pregnant will I !!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    good luck on Friday @Bongley - maybe have a wine beforehand to calm yourself down lol. Although that could make your tongue a bit loose(r).
    AFM, transfer is tomorrow. I spoke to DP last night about having one more go and he said I'm the one who keeps quoting statistics to him and from those numbers its obvious that its just a waste of money. So no more EPU for me. I'm in two minds about it and probably always will be until I get UTD. Argggh hurry up and get pregnant will I !!!
    Yeah, that's true I think I will always think.....maybe we could have got it in one more or two? But once I'm UTD I don't think it will matter anymore. Once you have that little baby you're hardly going to want to swap them out!

Well this PD doesn't drink so that would be interesting if we talk at 1pm and I'm slurring my words and revealing all the skeletons in my closet (not that I have any)

Seriously though this is one aspect that you other ladies don't have to go through with your donors. I feel like I am having to sell myself to any potential donors. Like I am being judged (which I certainly am!) So it does make it more stressful and you have self doubts. Still, hopefully she will make an offer soon and that will be one step closer to that BFP.

I am dying to figure out the earliest timeline I might be duffed. heh, although I know realistically with only 1 embie going back at a time it will probably take a few transfers.
    @leyshoja Ah tomorrow, great. Its a day 3 transfer isn't it?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    How old is she Bongley?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Skyler Yes, I do but then I think you do tend to adore the doc that helps you get UTD He's very cheerful and has a stupid laugh and I did notice that the egg pickups were always much better and less painful when he did it. He did my lap and hysteroscopy, D&C etc and removed a moderate amount of endo but I was up and went home that night. (got UTD after that) is MB Mark Bowen? That's high praise indeed! Shame he couldn't work his magic with me the second time around. Still, say hi and tell him I looove him
    Are you booked in for a lap yet?
    Hi Bongley, yes MB is Mark Bowman, the medical director of Genea. For some reason I don't usually spell their names out on the forum. So AM comes very highly recommended indeed and I'm impressed that you had good experiences with him! Not booked in for lap yet as I need a sonovaginogram and a consult with AM first to nut out a) whether the lap is required, b) whether to pickup some eggs first. Appointment is late May.
    Lol if I am to tell him you love him, I am sure he will not know who I'm talking about when I say 'Bongley says she loves you'
    Good luck with the Tassie lady. It's a lot of pressure feeling you have to sell yourself. Bit like the dating game again???!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    How old is she Bongley?
    @emski72 she's 35. She went through IVF to get all 4 of her kids, her tubes were no good I think. Plus one cycle donating to another couple. She gets a good embryo haul. Just hope that hasn't changed from the last cycle 2 years ago.
    @Skyler it IS just like on-line dating, I should know, that's how I met my partner!
    Last edited by Bongley; 29-04-2015 at 11:26.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015)