Closed Thread
Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the rationale behind the low dose thing in older women is to get a similar amount of embies but better quality since you're not blasting them with drugs. Realistically if the one egg makes it to a good embryo at day 5 then you are achieving the same result as most cycles, its just that those days in between collection and transfer are absolute hell. I want to give it 3 cycles there, I really like the FS, she's so easy to talk to and is totally on my wavelength with giving anything a shot. Don't get me wrong, the RPA Dr's have all been good, but they weren't offering me anything new to try and just didn't have that attitude that lets just throw some new things into the mix. I would have stayed there no doubt if they had of.

Hopefully I get a phone call pretty soon..urrghh

Hows your donor stuff going? ETA - just saw your post, that all sounds really good and quite easy in the logistics of it all. Wow..imagine getting 5 blasts!!!
    Last edited by tuxcat; 27-04-2015 at 11:45.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),Summer  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat Ahhh, Faaarrkk it Luv!! I was hoping the other one's would've kept growing too with the Gonal-F. I wonder if your FS will still advise you to go ahead or scrap it and try another tactic?? Maybe the Elonva is no good for you?? Or too low a dose?? So hard to know what protocol will get the ovaries moving Maybe AACEP or a close version of it?? I'm sorry Luv... It's not fair it has to be so difficult for you (or anyone else for that matter!!)FFS'S!!!

@Bongley Sounding very promising Luv!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (27-04-2015),tuxcat  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    I think the rationale behind the low dose thing in older women is to get a similar amount of embies but better quality since you're not blasting them with drugs. Realistically if the one egg makes it to a good embryo at day 5 then you are achieving the same result as most cycles, its just that those days in between collection and transfer are absolute hell. I want to give it 3 cycles there, I really like the FS, she's so easy to talk to and is totally on my wavelength with giving anything a shot. Don't get me wrong, the RPA Dr's have all been good, but they weren't offering me anything new to try and just didn't have that attitude that lets just throw some new things into the mix. I would have stayed there no doubt if they had of.

Hopefully I get a phone call pretty soon..urrghh

Hows your donor stuff going? ETA - just saw your post, that all sounds really good and quite easy in the logistics of it all. Wow..imagine getting 5 blasts!!!
    Yeah, I understand, you need to throw everything at it to feel like you gave it a good shot. I did it the other way around, went to Genea first and then to RPA. I doubt I would have stuck it out with RPA as long as I did except that I knew it had worked once before......

I know right, 5 blastocysts. I would faint if I ever got even 1 frostie. Never did though. Boo.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),tuxcat  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hearing all this talk about alternative clinics, FS's etc makes me wonder if I shouldnt have left mine a long time ago and tried elsewhere. I keep thinking that if I hadnt just jumped into IVF at 40 that maybe I would have just fallen pregnant on my own - ah well... what if, what if, what if. The story of our lives. @tuxcat I can just imagine how stressed you are - poor thing. 1 farkin follie jeeeeezzzzzz life bites sometimes. I hope its a good one ! @Leisylou - any BFP yet ??? @MGC Bertie, my ex hubby lost his ring as well. I was very upset, and so was he, so after about 6 months of keeping our eyes open for it, we ended up buying the exact same ring - which wasn't quite the same, but better than nothing. A year or two later my niece turned 16 and I decided to give her my car, so cleaning it up for her (because I never cleaned my car - ever) I found his ring in the crease of the car seat. (He used to take it off to do weights at the gym). It will turn up when you stop looking for it I reckon. (I reckon you just raced outside to check your car lol) @Bongley - wowee 19 and 5 blasts !! Jump on that baby bandwagon @Fudge09 - how are you holding up .... any better news on the hubby front?
    AFM, I'm a bit 'meh' about the FET on Thursday. I've kind of put it out of my mind and really just waiting to get on with plan D. Don't get me wrong, I will still be hanging out to poas, but no expectations. Not at the moment anyway. If on Thursday they say its a great one and has redivided already etc, then I'll go off and get my hopes up again..... its a vicious circle.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),MaxKat  (27-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-04-2015),Summer  (27-04-2015),tuxcat  (27-04-2015),winsor  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Fair enough Luv. I'll still be and sending your way though!!! I really hope it has reexpanded and started dividing again by the time you transfer

@winsor How you going Luv??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (27-04-2015),winsor  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @leyshoja Fair enough Luv. I'll still be and sending your way though!!! I really hope it has reexpanded and started dividing again by the time you transfer

@winsor How you going Luv??
    hi feeling a lot better now. not 100% but getting there. just waiting for appt with RPA next tues to see what our next move is. my surgeon said there's nothing to stop me going ahead, though perhaps waiting a few weeks if there's bloating from the meds. so hoping this won't be too much of a problem. the good thing from all of this is I've lost a fair bit of weight.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-04-2015),MaxKat  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck for your FET leyshoja. and tuxcat, you never know. even if the numbers are low, it's still a chance

14. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww @tuxcat was so hoping you'd have four good follies there It will be interesting to see what your FS does and if they change your program for the next round.

@leyshoja totally understand your feelings, good luck for Thursday though, hope the embie is a good one and sticks like glue.

Good to see you're on the mend @winsor and ready to get back into the swing of things.

@Bongley your donor sounds pretty awesome, fingers crossed it keeps going smoothly for you!

AFM I POAS this morning and BFN of course! What was I thinking - it's probably only 8 or 9 dpo I don't feel pregnant, so I'm sure this month is a total bust, one more month of natural before I find the guts to do an IVF cycle.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou way too early but we live in hope hey!!

winsor - glad to hear you are feeling a lot better, the weight loss is a bonus! Is it your first apptmt at RPA next week?

leyshoja hoping your last embie is the winning one! you just never know..

Hows Fudge09 and Killarneygirl travelling?

The FS is happy to have a next scan and see where the other follicles are at, she hasn't given up on them yet. Me on the other hand.. I just know that every cycle I have had more follicles start than what I actually end up with which is why Im not going to be surprised if the one that is actually growing is the only one. So another scan on thursday and then I guess I will find out what the go is. My estrogen is 1200 so its doubled whatever that means! anyway thanks for all the thoughts ladies

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @winsor Glad to hear you're well on the mend now Luv Good luck at your appointment next week!! Hopefully your FS has a few tricks up his/her sleeve The unexpected weight loss is a bonus for you too by the sounds of it

@Leisylou Pfffttt!!! Well that's no surprise is it Luv?? I'm not going to even consider conceding defeat this month for you until Thurs/Fri allright!?!?!? Until then It's your b'day this week isn't it??? When???

@tuxcat and for more follies on Thurs!!! Well, something's going on as your E2's definitely on the rise????

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Summer  (28-04-2015),tuxcat  (27-04-2015),winsor  (28-04-2015)