Closed Thread
Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Fudge09 don't be sorry, that's what we are here for. No wonder your head is so scattered. That sounds totally the right thing to do by asking for mediation. Get the professionals in to help!
    Really hope this is a sticky bean for you. Xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

fudge I am totally thrilled for you getting a BFP given the immensely sucky week you've had. Please God you have a very uneventful remainder of your nine months.

I too am bringing positivity to the over 40's club with my confirmed BFP, my beta at 17dpo was 905. I don't get another blood test until Thursday to see if it's doubling appropriately which feels so far away. I am very nervous given my chemical in January but my first beta then was only 67.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-04-2015),winsor  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Bongley xx

I am having a total freak out this morning as i poas and the line is lighter. It is still there but it took a while to come up and is a much lighter. I have no idea of this means anything or not.

Good luck for your beta @Killarneygirl

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-04-2015),Killarneygirl  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Fudge09 You don't need to apologise for anything Luv as far as I'm concerned ok??

No, I can imagine this wasn't what you had in mind at all, but it's not like you orchestrated the whole thing Luv I think it's wise of you to tackle the DSD's issue via mediation. The last thing you want is discussions with your DH to descend into arguments etc and having that 3rd independent person there in a neutral position to "referee" things and make sure you're both heard and hearing each other etc I hope will lead to you both working things through and resolving the issues

Yes, it can't be an "us against them" mentality anymore. You can't live like that and why should you?? Sometimes a parent/parents don't want to acknowledge that their child/children are capable of such behaviour, etc as they tend to see them through "rose coloured glasses" plus that's not their experience of them. Doesn't make it any less true though. If you want to see the definition of "evil stepmother" look no further than mine!!! She really is a faarrkking b8tch!!

Can you bring your BT forward to Thursday Luv then maybe have another on Sat to check doubling times, etc?? Might take some of the stress and pressure off as you've got enough of an emotional load to bear that day as it is being Angel Baby Lewis's DD?? Or would confirmation of a BFP that day bring some ray of happiness and hope in the midst of your sadness for Lewis IYKWIM??

Try to rest up as much as you can among the emotional minefield you're doing your best to negotiate and get through to the other side in one piece ok Luv?? Best of luck today with your DH and I hope he'll get on board with the mediation. At the end of the day, he loves you so I'm sure he'll do whatever it is that's required for the both of you to get through this crisis and hopefully come out the other side a stronger united front

Have another helping of for your onboard passenger/s while I'm at it!! GROW EMBY/S GROW!!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge09 View Post
    Thanks @Bongley xx

I am having a total freak out this morning as i poas and the line is lighter. It is still there but it took a while to come up and is a much lighter. I have no idea of this means anything or not.

I had this happen to me this cycle too but the next day was darker again, I hope it is just a dodgy test like mine was.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge09 View Post
    Thanks @Bongley xx

Give it a few days, your wee could have been more diluted. Come on embie, stick!! Its a form of mental torture isn't it?
    If I haven't been drinking enough water and have a bit of a dark coloured wee I always think 'oh that'd be good to test with' *sigh* I just always seem to be thinking about it. It would be nice to relax and truly forget for a while.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-04-2015),Summer  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarneygirl View Post
    Morning all,

fudge I am totally thrilled for you getting a BFP given the immensely sucky week you've had. Please God you have a very uneventful remainder of your nine months.

I too am bringing positivity to the over 40's club with my confirmed BFP, my beta at 17dpo was 905. I don't get another blood test until Thursday to see if it's doubling appropriately which feels so far away. I am very nervous given my chemical in January but my first beta then was only 67.
    congrats @Killarneygirl ! best of luck for second beta , it really sounds a very good start!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-04-2015),Killarneygirl  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #13

OMFG what a thing to wake up to - massive congratulations to @Fudge09 and @Killarneygirl. And about damn time we saw some BFFP's I might add !! You both deserve it.
    Good luck today fudge, I'll be thinking of you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-04-2015),Killarneygirl  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    OMFG what a thing to wake up to - massive congratulations to @Fudge09 and @Killarneygirl. And about damn time we saw some BFFP's I might add !! You both deserve it.
    Good luck today fudge, I'll be thinking of you.
    Fudge on my last bfp I think I had around 10 days worth of FRER tests (ok I see the addiction, no need for you all to be laughing at me ) and in that lot a couple of them were lighter than the previous day's test.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, two BFPs! Go embies, stick, stick, stick!!!

Congrats @Killarneygirl, that's awesome results, and @Fudge09 I have everything crossed that this little one hangs on for you. I've done the same thing in the past, POAS every day if not two or three times a day (another addict @leyshoja!) and panicked if it wasn't the same or lighter. At such an early stage it would be very dependent upon dilution (I hear you @Bongley - dark urine = great POAS opportunity!) so even though it is hard, don't give up hope.

With regards to DH and his girls, I think what you have said about having mediation to discuss the situation is brilliant and exactly what you need to do. As BIB says parents can be very blind to their children's behaviour and need a third person to be objective and point out the obvious. As a step-mum myself, I made sure very early that DH was on the same page about being a united team in front of DSS even if we disagreed behind closed doors, but I was adamant that he had to back me up and not accept any crap behaviour towards me from his son. And so far, so good - but when we had a discussion about having DSS 50/50 I had some concerns and my very valid and genuine concerns DH heard me say as "I don't want your son". So I took him to counseling the next day as I'm having none of that ****, and the counselor was fantastic at putting him back in his place and pointing out that what I said and what he heard were two very different things.

So I applaud you for taking the high road and getting DH to mediation to sort it out. He needs to back you, the girls need to see you two as a strong, united front that won't put up with their garbage. How are they going to grow into balanced and healthy girls who make good choices in relationships without good role models? DH has to step up and stop making you the evil one and get those girls sorted!

I hope you're still planning to have Friday off work - actually if I were you I'd take the whole week off - stuff it! You need a break. Glad you've got a great Mum too - that must be a big help. Keep us updated and take care of yourself.

And good luck tomorrow @Skyler with your second opinion, I hope they have something to offer you, and @tuxcat we'll be waiting to hear about how those follicles are growing!
    Last edited by Summer; 26-04-2015 at 09:28.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-04-2015),Bongley  (26-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (26-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (26-04-2015),Killarneygirl  (27-04-2015),MaxKat  (27-04-2015)