Closed Thread
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Fudge09 so sorry you've had a tough week, that does sound really hard, I'm not surprised you snapped and told every one to bugger off for a while. I'm sure those embies will be burrowing away oblivious to your stress. I've read that its only extreme stress like bereavement that might impede implantation. Easier to say than feel I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Just taking everything a day at a time. I haven't spoken to DH in a few days now so no idea what is going to happen.

I am so sure this cycle is a bust i tested this morning at 4dp5dt and it was bfn. Made me feel better some how. Thinking. ..ok that is over. It really isn't young to work. Negative i know but i am just sure it hasn't for some reason.

As for work....yeah i am going to have a sickie. I just can't do it. I can't spend that day at a baby shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja Well, I really believe you will get there one way or another in the next 6 months. I hope I will too. If you get there first you can help drag me over the line. Then we can run off, skipping hand in hand to the pregnancy forums
    Hahaaa what an image !! We will definitely end up skipping hand in hand !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh. My. God. What a shocking week Fudge - I'm surprised you haven't punched someone in the face after all that ! Honestly how dumb are some people. Naaaaahhhh she'll be right, she would be over it by now. Really, is that what they believe, expect or pretend, or do they just not give a crap? That sort of pain takes a long time to heal. Hopefully if you chuck a sickie they may just realise that hang on - maybe it ISNT ok. Deadsh1ts. I am way outraged on your behalf.
    I know how you feel about the DD's - but not exactly as my ex's kids were ok only because they hadn't hit their teens yet - but you never quite feel like you are part of that family. And it should feel like your house, your rules, you should be respected, but it doesnt quite go down like that, does it. I really feel for you @Fudge09. That is a week from hell. I hope beyond hope that at the end of all this, you get your BFP and things start looking sunny again
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 24-04-2015 at 11:17.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-04-2015),Bongley  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Oh. My. God. What a shocking week Fudge - I'm surprised you haven't punched someone in the face after all that ! Honestly how dumb are some people. Naaaaahhhh she'll be right, she would be over it by now. Really, is that what they believe, expect or pretend, or do they just not give a crap? That sort of pain takes a long time to heal. Hopefully if you chuck a sickie they may just realise that hang on - maybe it ISNT ok. Deadsh1ts. I am way outraged on your behalf.
    I know how you feel about the DD's - but not exactly as my ex's kids were ok only because they hadn't hit their teens yet - but you never quite feel like you are part of that family. And it should feel like your house, your rules, you should be respected, but it doesnt quite go down like that, does it. I really feel for you @Fudge09. That is a week from hell. I hope beyond hope that at the end of all this, you get your BFP and things start looking sunny again
    @leyshoja they seem to think that i can just swap babies. You know i will have another one some day so it will be all good! There also seems to be a frame of mind where "oh she lost a pregnancy." And it is just a blip on the radar. I have been tempted to bring in photos of him and put them in their face ands say " here see he was real... with real fingers and toes and fingernails and look at his little face, eyes and ears" just so they see he was our son. Not just a "lost pregnancy"

As for DDs you are so right. I don't feel like it is my home or my house. Even though we built our house together it feels like i am the outsider and they run the show.
    I went for an emergency counseling appt yesterday so i could talk about everything and my counselor said it sounds like a constant power play. And that is so true. .every day of them constantly undermining me so they can reassert their place. It has been a battle everyday. I am exhausted. .in the last 12 months i have had 6 ivf cycles, 1 stillbirth and 7 GAs. They have taken advantage of every weakness i have had during that time. I am so so tired. Right now just want to cry and never stop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds like you're having an awful week Fudge. I hope things settle soon. I've read that embies can survive stress if that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    can you take some days off work. sounds like you need a break away from everything for a while. hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Fudge, you poor thing. Yes there is a massive difference between losing a little baby vs an embryo - he was a little person. I lost both mine around 9 weeks and its just not the same (to me anyway). Mine didn't feel 'real' at that stage - I never got to see arms and legs and a little person waving at me on an ultrasound or got to hold that little person. I will never forget how shocked and distressed I felt reading your message about losing him and I still don't know how you dragged yourself through that. You're a stronger person than me.
    I don't think anyone will understand unless they have gone through it themselves but that certainly doesn't excuse their ignorance.
    I think you were right to stand your ground about the DDs. If your husband loves you he will have to find the solution. They are his kids not yours, so therefore it's his problem to fix. First and foremost they need to respect you. And he needs to make them respect you if they don't. You have the right to feel at home, in your own home. I hope it all works out for you - and I'll be thinking of you.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-04-2015),Bongley  (24-04-2015),emski72  (24-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (24-04-2015),Skyler  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Fudge09 Bloody Hell Luv!! @leyshoja has said it all perfectly. I felt the same way when I read your post about losing Lewis. I remember then for you and I am now after reading your last posts. It's all just BS!!!

for a BFP Luv!! You know 9dpo is too early, so am praying you see 2 big, fat lines in a few days time and that you and DH can sort this issue out on the home front too

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (24-04-2015),Skyler  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hello all!

Hi all. I was on this thread a few years ago and then stopped for a while. I want to continue my ivf journey now. Im 45 this year and I have two miscarriages and more than a few failed cycles behind me. My husband is the same age. So far doctors have tested us extensively and found nothing at all that they can point to except my age as a factor as to why we haven't been successful. We have been trying since 2009. We have 2 frozen eggs. I have put on about 13kgs and fall in the obese range at the moment. I have a thyroid problem and I just can't seem to move the weight. I also have 2 fibroids both small (1cm is).

Just a few questions:

What is the best method/treatment/advice that has worked for people our age recently?

My doctor offered me a long down reg cycle and a natural cycle. Which option do you think works better?

Is there any preparation that we should go through first that will increase our chances?

Should I use my frozen bubs or go straight to donor? The reason I ask this is because I am not sure if there is still something wrong with me that the doctors haven't picked up on and I only have 2 frozen attempts.

Really really appreciate your help. I just wanna give it my best shot!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-04-2015)