Closed Thread
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post

@Bongley Well, well, well Luv.... This Tassie PD is an interesting development indeed!! If she offers, would you be inclined to do a Cycle with her while waiting for the Depo shot to clear your friends system?? Is that allowed??
    Yes, that's the plan so far, depending on us getting to know each other a bit better. My counselor wanted to book in my friend (as the waiting list is very long at RPA) but I told her that we would go through IVF Australia to avoid the 3 months quarantine of the embryos. She was fine with that. So I'm being counselled by RPA and I'll line up an appointment with IVF Australia but hopefully will go through TasIVF if things pan out with the Tassie lass. *whew* *wilt*

My counselor was very positive this arvo, she just advised us to slow down a bit and get to know the new potential donor a bit better. I'm all a bit gung ho.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015),Summer  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post

My mother on the other hand found out she was adopted in her 50's and has struggled with it. Especially since both her parents had passed away so couldn't ask why they didn't tell her. Her bio mum has also passed. But she did get to meet an Aunty and have a relationship with her before she passed and found two brothers. Mum feels that she ended up with the better deal with the adopted family and is grateful to her mother for giving her up as she has a very loving family and was able to be better provided for than if she had stayed with her birth mother.
    Wow, finding out when you are 50! That is huge......

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    And in terms of it all being about the parents, isn't that the case with every child that is born? Regardless of how that comes about? It's the parents who want the child so go off and do the deed to get what they want - a child! It's no different to IVF or donor or adoption.

I personally see adoption as the best gift a birth mother can do. If she feels she can't be the best mother for the child, so gives the child the best chance at a happy life by putting them up for adoption, well to me, that's the best thing she could have ever done for them.

Hugs to you and you dh xxxxx
    yes, exactly, it's 'selfish' no matter how it is achieved, if that's what the parent desires.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (22-04-2015),Summer  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all, I've missed some of your posts and since upgrading my ipad can't seem to reply any more so back on the computer now. good luck to everyone cycling. it sounds like a lot has happened in the past few weeks.

afm, just collecting my medical records in prep for the may 5th appointment at RPA. hope it all goes well. still a few issues post-op but everything's improving. I had to go back to hospital the week after being discharge as I was having shortness of breath. they said I have fluid on the lungs. it's getting better luckily. follow up appt with my surgeon tomorrow, so will check that I'm all ok to have another cycle. not 100% sure which is day1 of last cycle though as af showed up when I was in hospital (a week early - the trauma bleeding?) and then again the following week (when expected, but most was gone by then so extremely light). so I'm a bit all over the place still. hope to catch up on you all soon

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015),Skyler  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    winsor I hope you are on the mend now, what a nightmare you poor thing!

Skyler - I didnt see the show but did see an ad which got my interest. It does sound like there are some issues with the adopted girl. To be honest though, people have kids for themselves so everyone does it selfishly. You do it because you want to have children in your lives, to have family that you can pass on your traits etc I think its just easy for people to question someones motives when they have to go to such lengths to have a child. I also know adopted people and they have no such issues, so I agree its about communication and ensuring the person knows where they came from. I think it really is something to talk to a counsellor about, its very in-depth and there are a lot of issues around it. Don't be discouraged about other methods of parenthood, speak to someone about all your feelings.

Bongley - sounds like good advice to take your time on this one.

thanks for all the folly cheering! Almost there...still petrified!
    Is it oestrogen that gives you a spike in sex drive? I had a very saucy dream this morning (and not with DH !!) and was hoping it was a good sign with the oestrogen levels..

Blondeinbrisvegas -

Fudge - hope everything is ok

YAY the wind and rain have stopped!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2015),Bongley  (22-04-2015),Skyler  (22-04-2015),winsor  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bahaa, Tuxcat love the saucey dream story And thanks for your support. Good luck on Friday!

Thanks also to Leisylou, Chiefsgirl, Bongley and Blonde for your thoughtful comments about that adoption show and the issue in general.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2015),Bongley  (22-04-2015),tuxcat  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    hi all, I've missed some of your posts and since upgrading my ipad can't seem to reply any more so back on the computer now. good luck to everyone cycling. it sounds like a lot has happened in the past few weeks.

afm, just collecting my medical records in prep for the may 5th appointment at RPA. hope it all goes well. still a few issues post-op but everything's improving. I had to go back to hospital the week after being discharge as I was having shortness of breath. they said I have fluid on the lungs. it's getting better luckily. follow up appt with my surgeon tomorrow, so will check that I'm all ok to have another cycle. not 100% sure which is day1 of last cycle though as af showed up when I was in hospital (a week early - the trauma bleeding?) and then again the following week (when expected, but most was gone by then so extremely light). so I'm a bit all over the place still. hope to catch up on you all soon
    @winsor Ah gee, you really went through the wringer. Hope you're 100% and ready to go by the 5th. Hang on in there.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2015),winsor  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @winsor Oh Luv, what an ordeal you've been through!! Am so glad to hear you're on the mend. Hope your Surgeon gives you the all clear to get going again at tomorrow's follow up.

Good Luck with your upcoming appointment at RPA!! If AF hasn't shown up again by then, I'm sure they'll do some BT's to see where you're at

@Bongley So, IVF Aus don't mind you being counselled at RPA?? Is the 3 month quarantine at RPA in case anyone changes their mind?? Is TASIVF affiliated with IVF Aus?? Talk about "Musical FC"

Anyhoo Luv, am pleased for you that things went well at your counselling session and that you will have a go with the PD if she offers I get why you're antsy to get things happening asap Luv, but your counsellor is right to advise you to take a little bit of extra time to get to know the PD. You strike me as the sensible, thoughtful and considered type anyway, so can't see you rushing right in even though you might want to.

@tuxcat PMSL about your saucy dream!!! I had a few in the very early days after getting my BFP and none of them were with DP either!!! Come to think of it, the best one's I've ever had never are!!!

it is a good sign of things happening for you!!!

@Skyler You're welcome Luv Would hate to see you and your DH close the door on this possibility over one person's unhappy experience.

@emski72 Thanks for the clarification Luv!!

@Chiefsgirl Hello Luv...how's the organising going for your DE USA trip??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-04-2015 at 20:32.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (22-04-2015),Skyler  (22-04-2015),tuxcat  (22-04-2015),winsor  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Bongley So, IVF Aus don't mind you being counselled at RPA?? Is the 3 month quarantine at RPA in case anyone changes their mind?? Is TASIVF affiliated with IVF Aus?? Talk about "Musical FC"
    Haha, yes I have probably made it seem more complex than it is. I have been going to RPA counseling since my last IVF with them, to cope with giving up on my OE moving onto DE. The RPA donor cycle would include a 3 month quarantine period from EPU to transfer to test for hepatitis in the donor (which has a 3 month incubation period). All clinics are supposed to do this but normally waive it. RPA have to stick to it as they are publicly funded. And this is why I doubt I will go with RPA (despite knowing the fert clinic like the back of my hand) as I cannot wait 3 months between EPU and transfer. Longest TWW ever!!

If I was to go with a donor I will have to do all the counseling with a new clinic. Which will be tasIVF (tassie donor) or IVF australia (friend donor). *whew* No idea if the tassie clinic is affiliated but I can tell you they are really cheap, around the same cost as RPA which is about $1500 per cycle. Perhaps TasIVF are public too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor you poor thing, I hope you're feeling better soon xxxx
    @tuxcat gotta love a saucy dream every now and then!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas where would we be without you? I have chosen my donor. Now just waiting for the paperwork and my schedule and then we can book. I have pretty much said we can go anytime in July, but I need to be back in Sydney for 5 August as my mum and some friends arrive that weekend to go to the rugby with me (gosh that makes me sound like I've got my priorities all wrong!).

Looks like we might head back to nz next week too as dh's pop had his leg amputated yesterday and seems to be recovering ok from the surgery so we're thinking of visiting to cheer him up. Just gotta check we can get time off work tmw then I'll book tickets.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015),winsor  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Winsor sorry to hear you had complications, but glad to hear that you're on the mend now. I've started my medication today currently on provera and waiting for aunt flo hopefully within 10 days and then I start my drugs properly for the donor cycle... so the show is now on the road! Currently watching baggage battles, it reminded me to get travel insurance!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (23-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015),tuxcat  (23-04-2015),winsor  (23-04-2015)