Closed Thread
Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow good luck for tomorrow @Fudge09 and congratulations on all those embies ! I'll catch up on everyone properly later on, I've only read back a short way.
    I'll be transferring in about 9 days time I suppose. I'm debating whether to let this last 2 day embie go to 3 days before transfer but not sure there is any benefit. If it does nothing they will tfer it anyway. Either way I'll be expecting a BFN. The clinic really like to transfer early but maybe I should even consider culturing to 5 days. Any thoughts or opinions?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fudge09 good luck!! we are def in need of some good news in here

Blonde -
    leyshoja I'd prob just put it in early, is there really any benefit to waiting if you know you are going to transfer anyway? I suppose if you waited til 5 days and it didn't survive you'd know once and for all. Im so used to Drs that always insist on day 5s so its never been up to me to choose! But yeah, if it was me I would probably just get them to put it in early as your geared up for the cycle anyway.

Which way are you leaning?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    Fudge09 good luck!! we are def in need of some good news in here

Blonde -
    leyshoja I'd prob just put it in early, is there really any benefit to waiting if you know you are going to transfer anyway? I suppose if you waited til 5 days and it didn't survive you'd know once and for all. Im so used to Drs that always insist on day 5s so its never been up to me to choose! But yeah, if it was me I would probably just get them to put it in early as your geared up for the cycle anyway.

Which way are you leaning?
    I'm 50/50 because I'd like to not waste another two weeks hoping if it's a dud, but also don't want it potentially not making it just because it's not in a natural environment until day 5. Who knows. It's all a big guessing game.. I'll probably just put it in as soon as its defrosted I guess. That way I guess I have the best possible chance and what's a couple more weeks after all these years of the same grind. To be honest I'm so sure it's a waste of time that I just want it finished. Bad attitude I know....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I get it, I guess you're going to have to wait 2 weeks anyway so may as well give it a go. You just never know, it could be the one.

I know what you mean about the negative attitude thing, I feel quite that way too after so long and so much disappointment. It's hard to balance between realism and positivity.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Fudge and good luck for transfer today!!!!! So are these the frosties from your 5th stim cycle?

Tuxcat when do you start follicle scans? And I get you on the balance between realism and positivity. I totally lost that balance. Think I went from unrealistically positive, sure it would work eventually, to completely definite it would never work, I could never find that balance. A good cuddle with the kitty cat helps though.

Leyshoja, you must be exhausted with back to back transfers. Honestly I would be at the stage of flipping a coin re day 2 or day 5. Maybe go with your gut as science hasn't come up with the goods. And good luck either way.

Hi to everyone else

AFM, just started focusing on life. As soon as I opened up to other opportunities, one arrived. Something else to focus on that I really believe in and will take up some of the energy I used to devote to TTC. And then there's retail therapy!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (20-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Fudge09 Good Luck today Luv!!! for your embies!!!

@leyshoja It's not a bad attitude Luv, it's just how you become when for one reason or another you're still stuck on this sh*t of a ride after a big chunk of time!! It's not surprising to become disillusioned with it all I think. You get to the point where you start preparing for the worst but hope for the best pretty much straight away

I say just whack the embryo in and keep going about your business of organising Plan D With a bit of "BabyLuck", you'll get your "Lucky Last BFP" this time!!....Oh, and don't forget to give the Clinic the 2 finger salute as you leave!!!..Allright, you can mentally envision doing it if you must!!!

@tuxcat How are you doing Luv?? When are you due to start stimming??

@Bongley How did you get on yesterday Luv?? I hope it was really beneficial for you and your DP. How did "the talk" go??

@Leisylou Any updates Luv???

@Skylar Still trying to freaking PM!! (get your sh*t together BH please!!). When one door closes, another opens?? I'm so glad to hear that this opportunity has come along for you and it's one that you're obviously passionate about Nothing wrong with a bit of retail therapy either!!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies.......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler great to hear something new has popped up and you are grabbing it with both hands. I have a freelance business on the go which has me engulfed most of the time outside of my job and without it I would be very depressed I think. So having that thing that you can throw yourself into is really beneficial. And yes kitty cats provide hours of love, mine is currently doing soft cutesy meows to try and get some more morning cookies into her bowl. Unfortunately for her, its not going to happen, she's already a chunky monkey! I too was once so sure it would happen for us...this has definitely disintegrated and Im now swaying between hopeful but expecting it not to happen. In some ways I wish we had started IVF earlier than what we did, but because we had had natural conceptions the FS thought we would get there. And she has been wrong ever since, which is why after she said they don't usually get people pregnant after this long, Im determined to still try, hoping she is wrong about that too.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - Im doing Elonva, so its a 1 injection of slow release FSH so I had the first injection on saturday and then I have my first scan and next bloods on friday, and then start gonal f until trigger. But I start the orgalutran on wednesday, so it feels kind of weird not having needles every day, but Ive been taking the prednisolone so far and Im also going to be doing antibiotics from egg pickup onwards, plus pregnyl and clexane, so my no needles thing aint gonna last long!!! Hopefully I speak to my FS today and find out more about my NK cells results. All i know so far is that they were high, but that was just from a nurse so it doesn't mean anything so far.

Are you going to try for another bub? Or are you way over the IVF rollercoaster and just enjoying life after that sucky experience?!
    @leyshoja how are you going with your decision? I agree the back to back transfers must be killing you mentally, I think I always need a month off between to get my head back into shape!
    @Fudge09 let us know how you go today, crossing everything for you that this is your turn!!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-04-2015),Skyler  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! @leyshoja normally I would say let it grow to day 5 but it does seem pointless seeing as this is the last one.
    @Fudge09 how did you go today?
    @BlondeinBrisvegas ahhhh, well. A LOT happened over the weekend. I'll try to keep it short......

After the counseling I changed my mind about accepting my friends help (thats a whole essay in itself), also after talking to my partner he seemed much more comfortable with that. I happened to meet up with my friend on sat, I told her everything, all my worries etc and she is still happy to help. So, I must admit I still have my doubts but after doing a pros and cons we decided this was the better way.

HOWEVER. My friend took a contraceptive shot,depo-provera, last week which means (I think, still have to speak to the nurses about this) that we just have to wait for it to leave her system which could take anything from 3 to 10 months.

Also, I told my potential donor in NZ what had happened, as I didn't want to waste her time and she understood. She then said she had wanted to skype this week as she was going to make me an offer. So I spent most of sunday morning crying, hoping that I hadn't done the wrong thing. I feel like I have swapped an excellent chance at pregnancy in three months in New Zealand for a less costly and more convenient option with my friend but I have to wait an undetermined time AND she is 37 and the more risky choice by far. So yep, didn't make it to the egg donor meet up on sunday morning as I was bawling my eyes out at home from the stress of it all.

So now I think my partner FINALLY understands the stakes and urgency when he saw me break down like I haven't before.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-04-2015),Skyler  (20-04-2015),winsor  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat That's right Luv!! I do recall you posting about that some pages back. Excuse my vagueness won't you?? I believe I've gotten you and @Luckyme1 confused Sorry Luv!!

Anyhoo...Never had Elonva but have heard good things Are there many side effects or is it the same as Gonal-F/Puergon in that regard?? Yep, I remember feeling like a dartboard myself when I did Wazza's Cycles!!

Good luck on the NK results. Hopefully it's nothing too severe Luv!! No, no more IVF for us. We were incredibly lucky to get a BFP and like I've said many times, are more than happy to quit while we're ahead One's enough for us (me mainly) and I know that in a sense that's sad for DD that she won't have any siblings, but there's plenty of only children out there that seem to be just fine and I'm sure she will be too.

@Bongley Oh, you poor Luv I can only imagine the stress you must of been feeling So much pressure, doubt, anxiety, second guessing etc, etc. Bloody awful Luv!! If going with your friend is what you and your DP feel the most comfortable doing in spite of knowing it may be more difficult because of her age plus the delay in starting etc, etc then it's most definitely the right decision for you both. If deep down inside this way is the way that feels right to you, then you have to go with that I think regardless of how "bad" it may look on the surface.

it leaves her system in 3 months Luv, but if it takes longer, I guess that gives you and your DP a bit more time to organise things to do the Cycle or to save more $ etc and really get your heads around everything. Plus there's more time to iron out any other fears, anxieties, questions, legalities, etc with your friend so everyone knows where they stand by the time you start.

I'm not surprised it all got on top of you Luv and you had a bit of a breakdown on Sunday morning Hope you're feeling better today. Now that you've made your decision, best just to focus on the road ahead with your friend and let go of the PD. No good can come from looking back now I don't think, so best to focus on the DE journey you're about to begin with her in the very near future
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-04-2015 at 12:49.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tuxcat, this is by far the most negative I have felt about a transfer, but I’ve balanced it with my positivity about SA. Onward and upward, so to speak, the same direction you’re heading @Skyler, actually I’m not that exhausted as I find the FET’s reasonably easy physically, but tiring mentally I guess, so yeah, maybe I am a bit tired of it. I am also pretty peeved with it right now though. I realised last week that when I told the IVF clinic that I was on cycle day 1, all they did was send me the invoice and tell me when I was booked in for my first scan. There was no ‘make sure you start on your medications’ or ‘do you have enough pills to get you through to the scan’. They really don’t give a crap anymore. Two finger salute is right @BlondeinBrisvegas. Maybe even just one finger.
    I can’t wait to follow your lead @Skyler and just start focusing on life. This current life sucks. I’m tired of everything being on hold.
    It sounds like we have quite a few ‘mad cat ladies’ on this thread lol, myself included . The things we do for substitutes hey ?
    Wow @Bongley, what a mind fruck. I would have been a blubbering mess too – what to do what to do what to doooooooo – it’s the story of our lives these days. I have always stuck by a saying – whatever decision you make, it always turns out to be the best decision at that time, and it has always been true for me.
    Waiting for some news from @Fudge09 !

AFM, tomorrow I have my CD10 scan to check the lining at the IVF clinic in the AM and in the PM am off to see my FS about the SA cycle and to make sure he can supply all the medications IF I get to that point. (I have to keep saying if) I feel like I’m dealing with all this IVF stuff pretty well, but boy I feel like I have a lot of anxiety lately. I always feel like I’m forgetting to breathe – you know, needing to take a deep breath all the time. I don’t ‘seem’ to have lots on my mind but I have never slept so poorly as in the last two weeks and have this permanent tight feeling in my chest. It must be anxiety I’d say. Not surprising I guess.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-04-2015),Bongley  (20-04-2015),MaxKat  (21-04-2015),Skyler  (20-04-2015)