Closed Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladiez

its been a while since i was in.. (3/4 days or something lol!)

Skyler you sound more upbeat which is good, and it sounds like you have a plan for yourself which Im guessing helps you mentally as there is something else in your thoughts and a plan to move on to. Good on you for having the guts to face the possibility of childlessness, its a very brave thing to do and I cant bring myself to go there yet, even though this year, Ive started feeling it lurking over me. Lets hope you don't have to get there though and the new outlook helps bring on that beautiful bub you've been waiting for.

Lucky - I second what Skyler said, we do see you as very fortunate, you have 2 children and maybe you imagined more but you're very lucky that you have them both. But I do also get what being in this bubble / on this merry-go-round is like and I think its all so entrenching, so much so that its hard to see outside of it all. I think it does sound like counselling would help, and if your DH has said it, then I think its probably warranted. Mine said the same to me at the start of the year and so I went on and did some more hypnotherapy, as I have felt that its been a very positive thing for me.

Bongley good luck tomorrow!

leyshoja and Chiefsgirl - all your researching (donor traits and where to eat, drink and stay) all sound interesting! Its funny to think you can pop a list of traits down that you would prefer. The holiday stuff sounds fab tho - its the major bonus with doing the O/S option.

AFM I had a strange cycle that just ended in AF, I had no spotting at all like I would always get in the days leading up to it and started getting sore boobs at 9/10dpo which is also unusual and so I started wondering if I could possibly be preggars. Then BAM I got AF without any warning signs and had quite a heavy flow for 2 days so have been wondering whether something might have tried to happen. Enough to make me think we should def keep up our natural TTC in between cycles, as maybe the tubes arent blocked...who the **** knows! Anyway, so today I got my first shot of Elonva and was also told that I have high NK cells, so Im also on the Pred/Clexane thing. I haven't spoken to my FS about the results yet, but she's going to call on Monday. So its all a new road really and it will be interesting to see if anything changes with all this thrown in.

For those who have done the Pred/Clexane thing, what are the side effects? Ive just taken the Pred and so far have a headache but obviously that could be from anything so just wanted to hear what others experienced.

Fingers crossed this ones the one

Hey to everyone

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (18-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg...i didn't realise there was a new thread! Going to catch up on 23 pages. Hi everyone👋

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tuxcat, it is all consuming this Ivf bubble. I am really lucky and should focus on my kids and learn to let go of what I thought my life would be.

How did you find your hypnotherapist? I'm really interested in trying that for weight loss.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes you have to decide when enough is enough. IVF is all encompassing... do you sacrifice a marriage for a baby? A life for years of endless needles?

All I will say is that it takes courage to keep going and setting a limit as it does to close the door and regain your life.

x

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-04-2015),Bongley  (18-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (18-04-2015),MaxKat  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @tuxcat you need to make sure you take magnesium and a Caltrate plus type supplement. Magnesium because you might get really bad muscle cramps (like in your calves and I got them in my toes and thighs!)

The calcium because pred also deplete your calcium and leeches it out of your bones. So you need to take extra than what is in your multi.

Oh and most important you need to megafol 5mg (get from the chemist it's about $5 so cheap) as you need more folate than in your pregnancy multi - VERY important as it can cause defects in bub.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-04-2015),tuxcat  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Thanks Tuxcat, it is all consuming this Ivf bubble. I am really lucky and should focus on my kids and learn to let go of what I thought my life would be.

How did you find your hypnotherapist? I'm really interested in trying that for weight loss.
    I found her through googling fertility hypnotherapy i think. Are you in Sydney? If so she is based in Annandale and the CBD. Initials KF. I would recommend trying it as Ive definitely felt improvement with it.

ETA thanks @Chiefsgirl will go and buy some

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Killarneygirl So sorry to hear about your chem, etc but for a BFP this time around!!!

@Skylar Yes Luv, it is good to hear you sounding so upbeat!! Boo!! for the root canal therapy..Owww!!! Thanks for the shout out too Luv r.e the "Boo Hoo Club" thread Couldn't /can't PM atm, BH still having technical *issues*..got your msg..you crack me right up Luv!!! LOL

@Bongley Good luck for tomorrow Luv!! Hope your talk with DP goes well too. Time's not on anybody's side plus if your PD offers in the very near future, I can understand you want to be able to say yes and get things happening asap. Am sure he'll get over his reluctance and get on board with it once he gets time's not of the essence unfortunately.

@Luckyme1 Oh Luv I agree with everything the other Girls have said. Am confident counselling will help you to be able to let go of this part of your life and move onto the next if need's be. And the fostering situation is a wonderful way for you to redirect those maternal feelings to other children that desperately need a stable and loving home to go to. your next cycle will be your "Lucky Last" too.

@leyshoja How you doing Luv prepping for your FET?? Good to see you're getting everything sorted out for Plan D Hopefully you won't need to, but better to be prepared isn't it??

@tuxcat That does sound strange Luv especially as it's totally out of the norm for you. Who knows?? But you might as well keep on trying between Cycles just in case!!

for this Cycle Luv!! I've done the Pred/clexane thing and the side effects I got from the Pred was a bit of insomnia and feeling a bit "jittery" though I know some women get increased hunger/slight weight gain from it. I never did though. As for the clexane, no side effects, but you will bruise pretty full on from it as it's a blood thinner. Also the needles are a bit thicker, blunter and can hurt going in, so I used to ice up my stomach for a good 3-5 min's before injecting, then sometimes hold the icepack/bag of frozen peas etc afterwards for a few minutes as well as it can sometimes feel a bit stingy when you've finished injecting the solution. I found it helped keep my bruising to minimum.

@Fudge09 Welcome back Luv!! How are you going??

@Chiefsgirl How's things coming along for you Luv??

Hello to all the other Lovelies too...xoxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 18-04-2015 at 14:58.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (20-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (19-04-2015),tuxcat  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh geez Louise! It has just taken me an hour to read all your posts and what a bl00dy roller coaster. My heart goes out to all you lovely ladies who had rubbish cycles over Easter. What area the chances of having so many bfns?

It is also interesting to see how everyone is evolving at the moment. Alot of the ladies who post in this thread have been doing ivf cycles for at least as long (or longer) than me (nearly 2 years) and i swear i can feel your exhaustion! So i guess is not unexpected that on a similar timetable a few of us are questioning our movements going forward.

To everyone who is now considering donors, stopping all together, fostering etc i just hope whatever the outcome, it is one you can come to peace with and have no regrets. If in doubt i second the suggestion that dropping c bombs within your inner circle of people is perfectly acceptable!

AFM...... Yaaay fricking yay. .... i have my first ever frosties and FET. I don't know what to do with myself without a full stim cycle!

Bertie just for your roll call i have 3 x 2d frosties and 2 x 5d....i am having 2x5dt on Monday.

I am thinking we need some cheering up on here. I think we should invent some ivf memes for stress relief!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-04-2015),Bongley  (20-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (20-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh wow @Fudge09 best of luck for monday, thank goodness there is someone to cheer on this week 2X5 dt sound great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Fudge09 Great result Luv!! Good Luck on Monday!!! for a BFP Girl!!! Will be cheering you on from the sidelines

@leyshoja and @tuxcat aren't that far behind either....C'mon Girls!!!

P.S...How far away from starting are you @Luckyme1??

@Leisylou How are you going Luv???

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-04-2015),tuxcat  (19-04-2015)