Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF over 40 #13

Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    It's actually getting more exciting now that we are seriously looking at donors. I feel like we might actually, eventually, get there
    I realise that sounds ridiculous since I already had a donor... But plan D just had a more positive feel about it

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-04-2015),Summer  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    It's full steam ahead on the "Donor Express" by the looks of it Girls!! Am so happy to see you all starting to feel the hope, excitement and possibility ahead though I know it's not without moments of heartache and grief

Looks like everyone's got their "researcher cap's" on and thankfully you've got @emski72, @MGC Bertie and a couple of other Lovelies when they drop in to help light the way and give guidance, so good on you Girls too!!

@Leisylou Well, something's going on for sure with all that EWCM starting so early. At the very least, it sounds like your estrogen production is in full swing by the sounds of it and you and your DP have got the "BD Olympics" covered Every day??? Aaaaahh...yes, I can remember those "good old days" myself!! Well, it won't be from lack of trying Luv, that's for sure!! You go Girl!!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies.....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (15-04-2015),Summer  (15-04-2015),winsor  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Hahahaha @leshoja! I am looking at taller girls than me, I'm 5.4 and dh is 6.2 and I hate being short, so hopefully if the donor is taller the child will be too!
    You guys crack me up!! My family are all shorties, my sister and I are both five foot nothing - so my grandmother always used to say - marry a tall man please girls and breed some height back into the family! So you know what we did, we both married jockeys!!! Bahahahahaha! I didn't have kids with my first husband, but my sister did so she has little ones.

My DH now is six foot tall and a solid guy, so I think I'd choose a donor a bit taller than me as I have all the short girl problems - can't reach the top shelf, clothes never fit properly and have to be hemmed, car seat has to be moved forward, feet never touch the ground on chairs etc etc :-)

LOL BIB - yep lots of action around here! We are still in the honeymoon phase and did I mention my DH is HOT

Enjoying the smiles and positive direction guys - you are all AWESOME!
    Last edited by Summer; 15-04-2015 at 15:06.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (15-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (15-04-2015),winsor  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Its all a big gamble isn't it, but we can only try. It is such a shame we can't see adult photos of them, that would make it so much easier. Or even just early teens would give a good idea. My DP is tall too, but I'm aiming for someone around my height 1.65m roughly (not sure about ft) because having a tall boy is fine but I don't know one tall woman who likes being tall. Although none of my friends are models either .
    DP and I are both fit and healthy types so I don't want anyone particularly large - especially if they are early 20's and big already - I also worry about health problems if they are large later in life. If I'm only going to have the one, I want to try to make sure that the child outlasts me !!
    I can see the adult pics in the us. They don't always show the baby ones, I like the ones who show both.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas, is there an issue with a donor being a diff blood type? I know there are issues if I was a -ve and DH a +ve, but not sure if we are both positives and the donor is negative?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chiefsgirl.... I did already post this on another thread, but just in case you didn't see it, no, I don't think the blood type of the donor plays any part like that. The only time it's important is when the carrying mother is rhesus negative (like me), then towards the end of the pregnancy (about 28-30 weeks) then the mother has to have some injections (yah, like I haven't had enough injections already!!). It's something about when the baby is born some of the baby's blood "leaking" into the mother (or vice versa?).

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-04-2015),Bongley  (16-04-2015),MaxKat  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Chiefsgirl Yep, @MGC Bertie is right Luv Here's a shameless copy and paste job that will explain it further for you and any of the other Lovelies that are going down/thinking of going down the donor path

The blood type of the recipient, donor and recipient’s husband are factors that can play some role in the matching process. Blood typing at its most basic level is defined by two separate typing systems. One is referred to as the ABO system. Four different types exist in this system, A, B, AB, and O. The other basic blood typing system is the Rh type. Only two Rh types are common, positive and negative. Thus, a routine blood type is described as one of the four ABO types and one of the two Rh types. The main element of the blood typing system, which has the potential to affect the health of a pregnant woman’s baby, is the Rh-negative type. Serious compromise of a baby’s health can occur when an Rh-negative woman is carrying an Rh-positive fetus. With modern obstetrical treatment, such complications are uncommon, but they still exist. There are two ways an Rh-negative woman can have an Rh-positive baby. One is if the father of the baby is Rh positive, and the baby inherited Rh positivity from the father. The other way this can happen is if an Rh-negative woman receives an oocyte from a donor who is Rh positive, and the genetic makeup of the oocyte confers Rh positivity on the resulting fetus. Thus, practically speaking, the main situation in which the blood type of the egg donor can pose increased risk for the recipient is when both the recipient and her husband are Rh negative. In this circumstance, the use of an Rh positive donor would expose the recipient’s fetus to a risk of Rh incompatibility that would not have existed had the woman used her own eggs or received eggs from an Rh negative donor.

Differences in ABO type between mother and fetus pose little risk to the health of the fetus. Therefore, use of an oocyte donor whose oocyte might produce a pregnancy, which is different from ABO type of the recipient and husband, is not such a serious medical matter. Although ABO incompatibility is of negligible importance medically, we understand that to some recipient couples it may still be an important factor to match, so that genetically impossible differences in ABO type between parents and child are not revealed later in life.

Here's the link to the site:

https://www.asrm.org/detail.aspx?id=1894
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-04-2015 at 19:50.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (15-04-2015),MaxKat  (21-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (15-04-2015),winsor  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leisylou yes I think you have mentioned that your DH is HOT love to see a bit of DH/DP appreciation going on.
    @leyshoja so glad you can pick your spirits up and move on. I look forward to some vacation pics from SA, that's if this cycle doesn't just do the trick! I think we've been on this thread together for a while now, time to graduate god@mnit!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Yes, it is turning into donor's corner isn't it? thanks for the info, you are a wealth of knowledge and support!

I think with genes its such a mixed bag. My cousins look the spit of their uncles (not their parents) My partner is a good foot taller than his parents and siblings, so he's got his height from his uncles. Still all you can do is try. I actually quite like men my height (short!) but I ended up with a 'tree-man' as I call him. Go figure. It is nice to see the ladies eyeing him up, especially the taller ones I've noticed. He's all mine gals!

Well things are progressing with my potential Kiwi donor and she's started to ask some pretty serious questions. Also, we've covered her family health history which is my only concern really, that and the fact that we seem to communicate well and want the same things out of a donor/recipient relationship. So I think if she is going to offer it will be soon. I am sweating a bit about the costs but we can take a few hits. I know she is talking to another couple so nothing is certain.

@mgcbertie @chiefsgirl Honolulu sounds great! Hi to everyone else I missed

Good luck everyone!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (16-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-04-2015),Summer  (17-04-2015),winsor  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Bongley Good Luck tomorrow Luv!!! Will be thinking of you and r.e the PD (potential donor). Will she be there tomorrow?? Anyhoo..will keep my eye out for your update as I'm genuinely interested to hear how things went

Hello to all the other Lovelies..... Hope you're all keeping well and have a great weekend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas thanks, its on Sunday arvo. My 'PD' won't be there but there should be a few others. I'll let you know how we go

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been missing since my chemical in January this year although I have been popping in to read every few weeks. Given my age we jumped straight back in again and had a cycle in February which resulted in 4 fertilised (they failed to access any of the 10. Follicles on my left side) but by day 3 they all looked too good for the bin, so they transferred the two best of a bad lot. No miracle pregnancy occurred however one of the remaining two made it to day five blast at grade 1 go figure! I managed to get a frostie for the first time ever woohoo.

So had my transfer on Saturday and am in the torturous tww and trying to not drive myself demented searching for symptoms etc. my blood test is due on Thursday which is earlier than my previous tests? Is that normal with natural FET?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-04-2015)