Closed Thread
Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley yeah in some ways you want them to find something so that you have a "reason" for all the bad luck, but at the same time Im well aware that long term risks of that protocol have not been established so would rather not pump copious amounts of other drugs than I have to. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is worth while trying some other things and hope that it works out. Im kind of intrigued about whether ICSI will have any different effect even tho theres no known issues with DH.
    Good luck with your meet up, I would be nervous too, I think thats normal. Im sure once you've broken the ice with people it will be fine...and if not then just resort to wild drunken behaviour complete with all kinds of bad jokes and c bombs!
    @leyshoja thats really bad about the lack of response. I think you know when its time to move clinics, and it sounds like the time is now. These people just don't get what its like to be in our shoes, going through all the crxp we go through to be treated like that. Try not to stress out about it tho as Blonde said, its not worth your energy.

hi BlondeinBrisvegas

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),Bongley  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Skyler ah, so sorry you and your husband are feeling down, I'll be seeing my counselor on wed too to talk things through. The thing I hate about IVF is that I found each cycle to be worse than the next. Every failed cycle felt like another nail in the coffin. It just doesn't get better and friends get IVF fatigue :\
    Could you ask your sister for eggs or does that not appeal either?

I agree with you about C bomb usage. I definitely have double standards too I'll use it at home with my partner at highly inappropriate times but wouldn't use it otherwise for fear of being seen as a rough old bird (which I am really)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),MaxKat  (13-04-2015),Skyler  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh @Skyler we must have been posting at the same time..

Im so sorry you guys are so down, its heartbreaking and theres nothing anyone can say to make it feel any better. Its really hard to get your head around giving up on it isn't it. I feel exactly the same and we keep getting the DE talk too. I think the counselling is a really good idea, we have not gone to any yet but it will be on the cards if nothing happens this year. I cant contemplate that point yet, and really don't know whether i would be able to convince DH to go DE. Its so hard

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),Skyler  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja I am enjoying the thought of no more IVF (well, no more until we find a donor anyway) but I have been quite teary. I think its just the come down from the last cycle.
    Me too !!! I've had bouts of feeling teary for the last two days but I started back on estrogen 2 days ago so it must be that. I was on the way to the bottlo yesterday and in the 10 minutes in the car felt like crying. That's not like me especially on the way to wine lol !! I always say you gotta laugh or you cry hehe. ( I can laugh about it now )
    Wow I think that would be a little weird meeting a donor, but I'm pretty keen on the anonymous thing. I think it might be because I'm not he hugging kind of person that I probably should be. Even though I feel those things I'm not comfortable displaying it? Sounds weird to say. My family are not huggers so I'm a bit awkward with it. I'm sure you'll be counting down the hours - even if they are hippy dippy if she is a healthy, nice, level headed person then jump all over her!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),MaxKat  (13-04-2015),tuxcat  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that @Skyler . If we get to that point, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do, I'll be throwing myself into something big, not sure what, travel, renovating, career, volunteering, something. I'll need to fill the gap until I can move on. I think if we go to sa, and I still keep saying if because I am so close to having had enough of this Ivf crap, and we com home unsuccessful, I think I'll accept its just not meant to be. I hope the counselling will either cement your decision, or give you a different direction and put your minds at ease either way.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),Skyler  (13-04-2015),tuxcat  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls......

Will be back after the dinner rush to post more but just quickly on the C-Bomb...

I'm exactly the same!! Use it with a select group of people and at home etc, but when I hear others, I think they are so uncouth when they do!! Total hypocrite I am!! It's the context it's used in I think that matters and what constitutes "appropriate" and "Houso"

It goes without saying that I watch my P's and Q's around DD..Don't want her first word to be one type of profanity or another!! LOL
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 13-04-2015 at 20:08.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Bongley This get together sounds really interesting Luv I think getting everybody's different perspectives will paint a fuller picture of the whole thing. I'd be nervous too and prob slip or small bottle of something or another into my handbag so I could take a sneaky swig when required!! Will be looking out with interest for your update about that!!

@tuxcat the ICSI helps Luv, it's definitely worth a try

@leyshoja Had a "hormonal cry" myself yesterday in the car on the way to (I wish it was wine!!) the chemist..(yawn!!). Was listening to the radio and was flicking through the stations and one of the community FM one's came on and the bloody theme song from "Grizzly Adams" was playing FFS's!! (Who remembers that tv show??) Anyhoo....I got all teary and had to really keep it together as I was just about to lose it as I drove into the parking lot...WTF?? That song always made me teary when I was a kid watching the show, good to see nothing's changed!!

@Skyler Replied on the other thread Luv I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better, but I am thinking of you both. I hope the counselling session helps give you some kind of answers/direction.

@Leisylou How's the pill popping/concoction swilling going Luv??

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (14-04-2015),Skyler  (13-04-2015),tuxcat  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peet View Post
    Hopefully everyone had a great weekend thanks for sharing me the information about the IVF. I have first appointment with IVF in the City Fertility Centre on Tuesday. It is only the session about IVF. Let's see what they will told me. Still waiting the cycle.....
    Thanks again.
    You don't have to have PHI to do IVF, but it will cost a lot more for things such as Day Surgery Fee's for EPU and ET (embryo transfer), Anaesthetist, certain medications etc.

As @tuxcat said, it will take 12 months before you could use your private health to pay for IVF as that's the waiting period that applies for all of the providers when you first take out cover. You have to research them to find out which one's will provide it and for how much as they all have different rules of what they will pay for and what they won't etc and their prices are different too.

The PHI I had didn't cover IVF and as we didn't want to wait the 12 months it ended up costing us quite a bit of money especially for the repeated Day Surgery Fee's etc, so as tuxcat said, it's really good to have it for those kinds of things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Peet ask at city fertility what you need to pay for out of pocket, it's supposed to be a really cheap clinic isn't it? For example at RPA it was all public so you don't have to pay for day surgery fees etc. It was just $1500 out of pocket total including medication, any PHI wouldn't have made any difference.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If its the same CFC chain of clinics as Melb they are not much cheaper than the top one Monash here. I had to pay approx $3000 oop for the cycle from memory plus theatre cost for my first cycle of $1000 because the ivf component of my PHI hadn't kicked in . I wasn't happy with them so left for Monash.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-04-2015)