Closed Thread
Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Only the clinic fees are claimable - no flights/accommodation though. Some meds can be claimed on PHI if you have the pharmacy option on your policy x

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),MaxKat  (12-04-2015),winsor  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @leyshoja Ah, Faarrkk 'em Luv!! One way or another you're done and dusted with them it's your "Lucky Last" frostie going in!!!

Looks like claiming as a family is the way to go That's a big difference in amounts you can claim as a deduction. After all you and your DP have forked out, I say claw back every bloody cent you can particularly in light of the fact this is the last year to do so!!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies too.... Hope everyone's had a good weekend
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-04-2015 at 13:07.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),MaxKat  (12-04-2015),tuxcat  (12-04-2015),winsor  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully everyone had a great weekend thanks for sharing me the information about the IVF. I have first appointment with IVF in the City Fertility Centre on Tuesday. It is only the session about IVF. Let's see what they will told me. Still waiting the cycle.....
    Thanks again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peet For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone know about that we need a private health insurance for IVF? Is yes, can you please tell me about which one we need that it cover the IVF.
    ThnQ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladiez..
    its very quiet in here! just checking in to see how everyone is going?

Peet - Im with Bupa and have top hospital cover. It covers day surgery and helps with anaesthetist fees, best to do some research though and all funds have a 12 month waiting period so if you haven't go any best to organise some straight away.
    Theres a website www.iselect.com.au and you can compare funds - they also call you so you can work it out over the phone which might be easier. I found them great for getting us cover for only the things we need.

leyshoja any news back from your clinic? I would say that they wouldnt be able to do a natural FET if they don't do weekends, as this is the same at RPA. They have been doing a trial there which has meant Dr's have been having to saturday transfers but in the past its only ever been medicated ones. I really hope this last one is your lucky one!!

I'm just waiting for AF now, think its due thursdayish and then I'm starting my antag cycle. It feels like its taken forever to get started, but the clinic locations are going to mean its way more of an inconvenience of a morning for bloods etc. My beautiful mum has given us some money towards it so its taken a massive line of stress off. Lets just hope this is our lucky one..still petrified I'm going to end up having a dud cycle with nothing to transfer..at RPA as much as that completely sucks, it doesn't suck $5k out of the bank account! SO much pressure when you're paying such a lot of money. grrrr. should also get nk cells results back this week, so if its an issue i will be doing the drugs to go with it.

hope everyone is going well

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),MaxKat  (13-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (15-04-2015),winsor  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tuxcat best of luck with this round, I hope the extra attention to detail gets you across the line. It's so wonderful when family can help out and take a bit of the financial strain. My partners folks helped us a couple of times.
    I hope you don't have the NK thing but then if you did, it would be something to fix wouldn't it? IYKWIM
    @leyshoja glad you can recoup some of the money. Yep, glad you are getting rid of that clinic. The amount of money we spend we should get red carpet treatment not bloody ignored. Really hope this cycle is your lucky one (I bet you are sick of hearing that!)

I have been hanging out on the donor forums which I think will be my new obsession until I get fed up with it. Hopefully I'll be back raring to go soon with a DE cycle.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),tuxcat  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @emski72 – it was worth a try, but the clinic fees alone will still be a bonus.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas yes I am trying to scrape up every dollar now. This is one hell of a financial burden. @Peet the only benefit I got with the private health insurance was with the hospital cover. My clinic did the egg pickup in hospital so it saved me around $1000 each time I did an egg pickup. I think there are a lot of clinics though that do the egg pickups in their office, rather than the hospital, so I guess find out first which way they do it, but yes as @tuxcat said, keep in mind the 12 month wait.
    No @tuxcat, they never did get back to me about the natural fet. I sent them an email this morning asking for my next quote/invoice for the last cycle and they responded about that, but still not even an acknowledgement about the fet question. That really sh1ts me that now my money is drying up they seem to give a rats. Good luck with this next cycle, agree that it’s a lot of pressure when there is so much money involved, thank god for family huh. You know what’s killing me with these donor egg/embies… my brother and SIL were kind enough to pay the initial $18,500 for the donor cycle and I it looks like it’s all going to be waste. I don’t know how or when I will be able to pay them back. If we head over to SA then it will be a lot longer before I can even think about it L
    @Bongley, it looks like you are getting your head into the right space bit by bit… are you feeling good about the decision?
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 13-04-2015 at 15:29.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tuxcat Good Luck Luv on your upcoming Cycle!! As @Bongley said, hopefully all the extra testing and so on will make the difference @ get you a BFP!!

@Bongley Totally understandable you're on the donor thread Luv finding out as much as you can, etc. How is it going??

@leyshoja I'm sure all your brother and SIL want to see is a baby in your arms whether that be through donor here or in SA and when you pay them back is probably the least of their concerns I'm guessing.

Don't waste your brain cells on those w@nkers at the Clinic Luv allright?? Just do what you gotta do and go get that emby at the end of the month and that'll be the end of that one way or another. it's with a BFP bubba on board when you leave

Hello to all the other Lovelies.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja I am enjoying the thought of no more IVF (well, no more until we find a donor anyway) but I have been quite teary. I think its just the come down from the last cycle.
    I think about the fact that we have a better chance of pregnancy and it makes me feel happy and optimistic, then I realise I will never have another genetic child or get to see the differences between my son and and his full blood sibling (I've always loved spotting that in other families). I know I have been very lucky and it isn't the same level of pain most others are going through but it still stings.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Hi , yeah its going ok. We have a meet up on Sunday. Lots of recipients and donors and families who have have donor conceived children will be there. I think its good to meet people face to face but at the same time I'm nervous. Just a bit worried that the women there will be hippy dippy types but I'm sure not everyone is like that. I'll have a few drinks to loosen up and end up telling a politically incorrect joke with a few C bombs thrown in for good measure.
    Last edited by Bongley; 13-04-2015 at 16:03.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),Chiefsgirl  (13-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),winsor  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha ha ha ha Bongley, I'm also a fan of the c- bomb in certain circumstances!!! Like when someone is being a complete c- bomb!!! I've got double standards though, I use it when I'm with a particular friend, but if we hear other people using it we think they're rough, lol!!!

Leyshoja, yes well good riddance to your clinic. That's poor customer service.

Tuxcat, good luck with the antagonist cycle. They are way less taxing than long down reg, purely because they are over and done with more quickly if nothing else. I had my best cycle ever on an antag, got my only ever normal embie!

AFM, DH and I are both very down. Could this be rock bottom? I don't know. Got very sad after seeing my sister's 2 kids last night, she lives interstate and we are not close, but her kids are beautiful. Just as well I have an appointment with the clinic counsellor tomorrow. The nursing manager is trying to prompt me towards DE. But it's just not for us. So we're really looking at childlessness now and trying to deal with it.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (13-04-2015),tuxcat  (13-04-2015),winsor  (13-04-2015)