Closed Thread
Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bongley this last failed FET has farked with my head a lot too. Mostly because the reality of it never working has hit me big time. Until now, having had that cgh normal embie, I thought I would get another normal eventually, but now I think it's unlikely.

Yes ladies, the natural vs ivf route. Well I regret not trying earlier either way but things just did not pan out in other areas of my life in time. A big reason why ivf was the way to go is because one of my tubes is blocked. Even still I have conceived naturally once. I hope I have one of those late natural miracles long after I've given up hope. There's one of those happening on another thread right now if you ladies are looking for inspiration. It's the thread titled '43 single' (or something like that) Love those stories.

Feel like cr@p. Heavy, super painful period as per usual with horrid endo. The pain is like an extra kick in the teeth after the BFN. Rang the clinic today to tell the nurses I'm not bothering with my blood test because I know the answer and I can't stand that final negative phone call. That's one bit of pain I can spare myself. Did not really hit the bottle last night as the last glimmer of hope was only really extinguished when af ratcheted up to her most brutal level this morning. Swap you for the light one day period any day Leisylou. Just opened a merlot.

Shall check out tuxedo cats online Tuxcat. My kitty is mainly white with a black robin mask (as in batman and robin) and other black markings. I never would have chosen that pattern, he chose me and he's the best cat I've ever had! A real lap cat which I've been waiting my whole life for!

Leyshoja you could transfer the embie elsewhere for a natural cycle but might be a pain for you when you are planning SA anyway.

Good luck on your health kicks MaxKat and Lesiylou.

Hope you had a good lunch Blonde and maybe a tipple?!
    Last edited by Skyler; 09-04-2015 at 19:21.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015),Bongley  (09-04-2015),MaxKat  (10-04-2015),tuxcat  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tuxcat, just googled tuxedo cats, went to bicolour cats on Wikipedia. My cat is a number 15, 'mask and mantle' white mostly with the black mask and mantle.
    Even though I'm a vet, I didn't know these coat colour patterns had such names. We learnt the anatomy, physiology, surgery, medicine, but not much about coat colours! We did learn however that only females can be tortoiseshell, interesting!

lol, crazy cat lady club anyone?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-04-2015),tuxcat  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Lunch was good Luv, but no tipple for me as I was driving and had DD with me as well. Christ!! These days I'd be a 2 pot screamer for sure!!! Gone are the days where I used to be able to knock off a bottle easily..even 2 on a good night!!! I'd probably get high on the fumes now!!!

Both you and @tuxcat's furbabies sound cute!!! I love animals and have befriended a baby magpie that lives in our backyard since we moved to this new place a few months ago We also have a finbaby (a really big finbaby that I hand feed..he's vegetarian and will live until he's about 30. Just turned 10 at Xmas time) and a featherbaby of the poultry/water fowl kind. She's lovely too

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (10-04-2015),tuxcat  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blonde, what exactly are your fin and feather babies babies? I'm intrigued.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Blonde, what exactly are your fin and feather babies babies? I'm intrigued.
    Have PM'd details to you... 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leyshoja I guess it does make it hard for natural if they are closed on the weekend. My clinic doesn't do Fet's on Sunday's and if your FET falls in a Sunday, they do them Saturday afternoon. I don't know how it works but when I once asked about it, they said the embryologist knows when to do the thaw and it works.

Skyler I will be transferring one next month. I have no idea when that will be as after the stim and chemical, I have no idea where I am in my cycle at the moment. The sad thing is, I am not thinking positively about the transfer. I have no expectations any more.

Blonde, I hope your husband feels better soon.

The talk about cats makes me think of all the ones I have had. I wish I had one now but we have a greyhound so it wouldn't be a good combination.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-04-2015),Skyler  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skyler I just checked out that Wikipedia page and I had no idea that it was all actually official!! I thought it was just Internet cat crazed people making up cute names! Like that Kittler site. I love the robin mask thing..and gotta love a lap cat, ours is so soft and playful and so human like in so many ways..purrrrr!
    It must be so good to help poor sick animals get better, Ive always admired the way vets are with our pets🐱

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-04-2015),Skyler  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post

Feel like cr@p. Heavy, super painful period as per usual with horrid endo. The pain is like an extra kick in the teeth after the BFN. Rang the clinic today to tell the nurses I'm not bothering with my blood test because I know the answer and I can't stand that final negative phone call. That's one bit of pain I can spare myself. Did not really hit the bottle last night as the last glimmer of hope was only really extinguished when af ratcheted up to her most brutal level this morning.
    I hear you, I really do. My periods are awful after ivf and it does feel like added insult to injury.
    We'll, I spoke to my partner about starting another cycle tomorrow and I said I couldn't really face it. So he said let's call it quits. Which took me aback at first but then I agreed. So I think that's it

On a more positive note another donor has contacted me tonight. So I will start a conversation with her tomorrow. She has just helped another couple get pregnant so she obviously knows the ivf ropes by now.
    I'm excited but sad too. I'm sure you all understand.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-04-2015),MaxKat  (10-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (10-04-2015),ScubaGal  (10-04-2015),Skyler  (09-04-2015),winsor  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bongley thats a big decision, so I feel for you, somewhat liberating too Im guessing. Particularly when you have something to move on to. It sounds like you are doing really well with the donor thing. Are you going through a site in particular or just BH? And have you just placed an ad and then people contact you through that?

sending you a big hug

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many hugs for so many people needing them on this thread at the moment

@MaxKat it is hard to even think about delaying for a month - at different times over the last two years I've thought about stopping trying for three months and doing a detox and all sorts of things that I can't do when TTC - but I couldn't face it! The time factor is such a pressure - I lasted one month of not trying when I did a course of really strong antibiotics for Lyme disease, but that was it. It sounds like your body does need a break though, so go with that and take some time out to nurture yourself and your Mum.

@Bongley - that's really difficult hon, I so feel for you - what a place to end up huh? Great that you're looking at the donor egg side of things - I don't know if I'll ever get my head around that. I'm trying now, as I know it will likely be my path within a few months, but I'm really struggling with it. Glad you're moving forward in any case, and are able to keeping doing what it takes to get that little bubba.

@Skyler - nothing to say, just lots of love coming your way - it's such a massive grief process to go through when it looks like not working out with our own eggs - or working out at all. The pain is overwhelming - take your time to figure out what the next step is.

You cats all sound lovely - I'm not a cat person (very allergic) but am a dog, bird and horse girl. Crazy animal love here!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-04-2015),Bongley  (10-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (10-04-2015),MaxKat  (10-04-2015),Skyler  (10-04-2015),tuxcat  (10-04-2015)